Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,690 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Not to sound like a boomer but does AI freak anyone else out? Like how much it's advanced recently in such a short time. It may be limited now but the technology will keep getting better. What does that look like in 5 years? 20 years? 50? AI writing and performing songs? Concerts? Writing books? Drawing cartoons for movie studios?

I've seen AI composites for fake ads already. News websites have already gotten caught using AI to write stories for their website. KISS IS retiring and replacing themselves with AI. Modeling agencies are making Instagram models and treating them like actual clients that you can pay to have model your product. Crazy shit like this is happening now, how crazy is this shit gonna be in the future? 
     1000% it freaks me out and I hate it. All these retards sitting around like tee hee I made SpongeBob sing Soundgarden like dude this shit is gonna overtake every industry in like 15 years. I also really really hate it as someone who’s trying to be a voice actor because you know these greedy ass studios are just gonna try to shift to paying a one time license fee for someone’s voice and use AI. I absolutely loathe this shit. My editor sent me a thumbnail for a new video I recorded and I was like “That looks pretty cool dude how’d you do that one?” And he said it was AI and I straight up refused to use it lmao 100% against it in every facet. 
    Seriously man. Voice acting? Movie scores? Animation? Comics? Books? Soulless companies are going to privatize all forms of art on any sort of commercial level one day. 
     Seriously it’s gonna invade every facet of entertainment and of course these fags are gonna start with using it to “tidy up” stuff or “speed up” certain processes and then it’s slowly gonna take over every corner of it. I’ve never felt worse for struggling artists who can actually draw. It’s a skill I’ve always found impressive because Ngl I can’t even draw og Pac-Man right lmao to see people ACTUALLY going for AI art is sickening. The only thing I can think of is stand up being unaffected but then I remember how these fucking clowns paid to see holograms of Dio or 2pac and it leads me back to the conclusion that we’re absolutely fucked and how much I hate it here 
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,606 jayfacer
    I gave up on humanity’s intelligence when that signed AI rapper got “cancelled” because it said nigga and it’s developers are white. 😐 But it’s not like it was coded to specifically say that. If it’s a parroting AI and you play it thousands of hours of Hip Hop to learn and repeat, it is inevitably going to hear and repeat nigga. Mfs wanna put this shit on a pedestal and don’t even understand how it works.
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    That reminds me… 

worth the watch 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT89U63fb/

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,408 spicy boy
    I gave up on humanity’s intelligence when that signed AI rapper got “cancelled” because it said nigga and it’s developers are white. 😐 But it’s not like it was coded to specifically say that. If it’s a parroting AI and you play it thousands of hours of Hip Hop to learn and repeat, it is inevitably going to hear and repeat nigga. Mfs wanna put this shit on a pedestal and don’t even understand how it works.
    You can blacklist words from AI algorithms though.

But it gets even dumber. The vocals aren't AI just the lyrics and avatar. The vocals were by a black dude :|
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,551 spicy boy
    AI is replacing shit "localizers" who have been ruining Japanese media with bad translations though, so that is one good thing. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Not to sound like a boomer but does AI freak anyone else out? Like how much it's advanced recently in such a short time. It may be limited now but the technology will keep getting better. What does that look like in 5 years? 20 years? 50? AI writing and performing songs? Concerts? Writing books? Drawing cartoons for movie studios?

I've seen AI composites for fake ads already. News websites have already gotten caught using AI to write stories for their website. KISS IS retiring and replacing themselves with AI. Modeling agencies are making Instagram models and treating them like actual clients that you can pay to have model your product. Crazy shit like this is happening now, how crazy is this shit gonna be in the future? 
     1000% it freaks me out and I hate it. All these retards sitting around like tee hee I made SpongeBob sing Soundgarden like dude this shit is gonna overtake every industry in like 15 years. I also really really hate it as someone who’s trying to be a voice actor because you know these greedy ass studios are just gonna try to shift to paying a one time license fee for someone’s voice and use AI. I absolutely loathe this shit. My editor sent me a thumbnail for a new video I recorded and I was like “That looks pretty cool dude how’d you do that one?” And he said it was AI and I straight up refused to use it lmao 100% against it in every facet. 
    Seriously man. Voice acting? Movie scores? Animation? Comics? Books? Soulless companies are going to privatize all forms of art on any sort of commercial level one day. 
     I’ve never felt worse for struggling artists who can actually draw. It’s a skill I’ve always found impressive because Ngl I can’t even draw og Pac-Man right lmao to see people ACTUALLY going for AI art is sickening. 
    When it finally does happen and most new movies or music or voice acting or whatever is made by AI a lot of people won't even give a shit. We're just gonna be seen as old and out of touch. This'll be our "back in my day movies were a nickel" thing with the younger generation. 
  • Options
    AI is replacing shit "localizers" who have been ruining Japanese media with bad translations though, so that is one good thing. 
    It definitely has its uses. Studies have shown that on average people preferred working with AI over real doctors in the virtual appointments. The AI didn't diagnose them but it asked all the questions to the patient, delivers the data to a doctor who diagnoses, and the AI delivers the news to the patient.

It has great potential for things like science and medicine but we all know the first thing they're gonna do is figure out how to fire every fast food and retail employee and have AI run the cash register entirely. 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,467 moneytalker
    Animation is usually farmed out to underpaid Asians who have to spell at work anyway. The suits at the studios will make more money and people will have to find new shit jobs. 

The flip side is that it also gets easier for people to create their own content. Most kids today would rather watch YouTube anyway. We could hope that it’s the eventual death of the suits and studios that have been making so many shit decisions and getting in the way of the creative people actually making things. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,690 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:

I’ve never felt worse for struggling artists who can actually draw. It’s a skill I’ve always found impressive because Ngl I can’t even draw og Pac-Man right lmao to see people ACTUALLY going for AI art is sickening. 
    When it finally does happen and most new movies or music or voice acting or whatever is made by AI a lot of people won't even give a shit. We're just gonna be seen as old and out of touch. This'll be our "back in my day movies were a nickel" thing with the younger generation. 
     That might be the worst part about it. Everyone in my age group is against it or on the fence but people slightly younger than me are all over this shit 
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,591 spicy boy
    Animation is usually farmed out to underpaid Asians who have to spell at work anyway. The suits at the studios will make more money and people will have to find new shit jobs. 

The flip side is that it also gets easier for people to create their own content. Most kids today would rather watch YouTube anyway. We could hope that it’s the eventual death of the suits and studios that have been making so many shit decisions and getting in the way of the creative people actually making things. 
    The shit they watch is cringe as hell too. 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,551 spicy boy
    edited December 2023
    It definitely has its uses. Studies have shown that on average people preferred working with AI over real doctors in the virtual appointments. The AI didn't diagnose them but it asked all the questions to the patient, delivers the data to a doctor who diagnoses, and the AI delivers the news to the patient.

It has great potential for things like science and medicine but we all know the first thing they're gonna do is figure out how to fire every fast food and retail employee and have AI run the cash register entirely. 
    Im partially joking because official translations have been getting so bad with changed and censored dialogue, or modern politics getting inserted into things it wasnt meant to be in, because these translators cant help themselves "localizing" everything

So people are turning to fan translations and AI to circumvent it. Now studios are turning to AI, so they'll be out of jobs. And they deserve to be out of jobs. But I'd rather have good accurate humans translating works than AI.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,813 spicy boy
    edited December 2023
    I’ve had a Jack Pitt mix since summer 2018. He was a shelter dog, so we’re not really sure how old he is. His name is Bane. I moved in August to a new house closer to the city. We went from having 8 acres for him to run around in to just 1 1/2. The neighbors have feral cats running around the back that he kept chasing and running off. One day, I was bringing some stuff in from outside and left the door open. He pretty much just vanished into thin air. Since he was a shelter dog, he had a chip. We reported him missing. Sent his picture to the local shelters. Never heard shit. About a month ago, I’d given up hope on him turning back up, figured he was dead on the road somewhere. Got a new puppy. Last Saturday, I get a text around 5 pm. They found him. He was 22 miles away. Wife and kids run down to the shelter to get him. Wife calls and says bad news. He had a spot on his abdomen that had looked like ringworm before he disappeared. Not it’s a full blown tumor. About the size of a baseball. It’s nasty af. Kinda looks like his guts are leaking out. It looks like someone stole him (he’s a beautiful dog with crystal blue eyes) but changed their mind once the tumor got unmanageable. Took a week to get an appointment with the vet. That was this morning. The vet took one look at him and delivered the killing blow: Cancer. Bane has less than six painful months. I knew what it was, but to hear the vet say it out loud was hard. I couldn't put him down 2 days before Christmas, though. Talked to the wife about it. The vet gave me 2 weeks of antibiotics and a powder to keep the tumor from weeping too much. Gonna wait out the 2 weeks until the antibiotics run out and put him down. It’s terrible. He’s a very sweet dog. He’s in a very obvious amount of discomfort. He licks at the tumor almost constantly and any time anyone touches him anywhere near it he yelps. He was a very vibrant dog before he disappeared. Now he’s mostly posted up on the couch. It’s a roller coaster of emotions because of how it’s all played out. I had resigned to him being dead, only to have him pop up again, just to have him be sick and have to make this decision. It’s rough 
  • Options
    That’s horrible. It’s always so much worse when they go out bad like that. Mine are getting up there in age and I jus pray that they go peacefully from old age and don’t have to be put down. My old German Shepard made it to 17, almost 18, and died in her sleep in the house. It was still sad, but I think that’s the best case scenario that you can hope for when it comes to pet deaths. Burying her was definitely disturbing tho.
  • Options
    After asking my parents to wait a day(which turned into two days) so I could be there for my dog, I wouldn’t do it again. The pain in her eyes killed me. 
  • Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,813 spicy boy
    I had to put my first pitt, Dozer, down in 2019. He had the hip dysplasia and his rear legs stopped working. That was hard. He was 13 so he’d had a good life by pitt standards. I spent the last week feeding him home cooked chicken and otherwise spoiled the shit outta him. Gonna do the same for Bane. He ate really good today. Lots of peanut butter. His tumor gets worse daily though. It’s spreading fast and now his entire lower right side is lumpy and discolored. I’ve never seen a sickness progress this fast before. 
  • Options
    I woke up Monday once and said to my roommate thank god it’s Sunday and it was Monday. Had to start getting ready for work. 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,466 spicy boy
    I used to have a habit of falling asleep right after school when i was in high school. Ive never been particularly great at sleeping, so i was always tired. 

Like once a month i would wake up at like 7:45 pm at night, and think its AM and come running down the stairs mad at my mom for not waking me up. most of the time i would get out of the shower before i realized it was night time lol. 
  • Options
    Officially in the absolute pussy era. Over the word “girls”. Absolutely disgusting.