Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Bringing the xbox and tv on the road with me was a mistake. I'm exhausted
    Gnomez said:
    I hate it when you take a huge messy dump and on the first wipe your finger goes thru the paper and next minute you're wiping shit off your ass with your naked finger
    Stop making me hungry I just had dinner
    Laptop was in my backpack and I stepped on it, killed a spot on the screen. Still usable but if it gets worse I'm gonna kms on the road
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Claim insurance bro 
    Yeah man I had insurance on my $300 laptop lmao
    I laugh but that would have been smart
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Output the video to a tv with a hdmi cable 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Yeah that's the plan I have an old 24" Westinghouse I got in high school that I have in the truck. Do you know if there's any kind of dongle I can get to stream my phone directly to an HDMI port? As far as I know Chromecasts need a wifi network to connect the two. It makes more sense to stream straight from my phone since I have unlimited data on that but not my hotspot
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Apple has an adapter to go from an iPhone or iPad to hdmi. Not sure of Android. 

Pass the god damn butter.
    a quick google search told me yes lol
    but my cheap ass Galaxy A20 doesn't support video output

time to upgrade
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Man MF Doom died. I cried man. Such a fucking talented dude 
    probably not getting home this weekend because I've been waiting 18hrs at this truck stop for them to fix my trailer electrical line and I still haven't even been seen yet. Still got a load going to Georgia and I'm only in PA
    SATAN said:
    Man MF Doom died. I cried man. Such a fucking talented dude 
    honestly didn't know him until he died but the dude was talented
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited January 2021
    I don't know how to bring this up without sounding like a Wakeflex, but I'm getting recruited to be a financial advisor for this rather large firm. My pay would double, I'd get my own office, etc. 

But I don't want to fucking do it. Not in the "i like where i am now" kinda way. I hate my current job. This new  job would just be more bullshit with more money. Its soul crushing, boring work. I feel like the dad in Incredibles when he has that insurance job. And i feel like for the past 5 years I've kinda just been falling upward into these jobs and the more money i make the harder it is to leave.

When i was managing a coffee house for 13 bucks an hour it was easy to imagine leaving and starting my own business or doing something creative for a living because if I'm getting paid pennies might as well do something i love. But I'm getting to the point in my life where i don't think i can replace that income with a creative endeavor.

Anyone got any words of wisdom on not getting your soul crushed in your 9-5? 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited January 2021
    @FIREDONALDTRUMP the money is always so tempting. 
    I've now worked for the same company for 18 years and without flexing it's now extremely hard for me to ever leave because of my income.
    I dont respect my boss and all the corporate bullshit and ass kissing i see makes me sick but the money is too good to leave 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I don't know how to bring this up without sounding like a Wakeflex, but I'm getting recruited to be a financial advisor for this rather large firm. My pay would double, I'd get my own office, etc. 

But I don't want to fucking do it. Not in the "i like where i am now" kinda way. I hate my current job. This new  job would just be more bullshit with more money. Its soul crushing, boring work. I feel like the dad in Incredibles when he has that insurance job. And i feel like for the past 5 years I've kinda just been falling upward into these jobs and the more money i make the harder it is to leave.

When i was managing a coffee house for 13 bucks an hour it was easy to imagine leaving and starting my own business or doing something creative for a living because if I'm getting paid pennies might as well do something i love. But I'm getting to the point in my life where i don't think i can replace that income with a creative endeavor.

Anyone got any words of wisdom on not getting your soul crushed in your 9-5? 
    I totally feel this on every level. For the last 6 years i have never really like my job. I didn’t necessarily hate it until all the covid bullshit, but i was really on here because of the pay. I think thats a lot of people though unfortunately. 

I have been interviewing at a small agency over the last few months, and was told last night id be receiving a formal offer by the end of the week. 

Im going to be doing the same thing, but its a smaller office. Id be working directly with the two agents there with the idea that we are going to set monthly goals individually, and for the agency. Its exciting because where I'm at now, we dont have any goals set, and basically i just show up to do my job and go home. Theres really no incentive to even be here other than paying my bills. 

What i would suggest is to take the new job for the time being. Money is money, and if its not going to make your life worse than it is now, why not. 

Then i would take some of that extra money and put it towards some sort of new hobby. Something that will help you feel like you’re are doing something with yourself. Like start playing an instrumental, or doing something you are not good at so that you can start at the bottom and see yourself progressing and getting better. 

Then i would really sit down with your fiancé and figure out where you both want to be in 5 years.When you have that figured out, start setting yearly, and monthly goals that will help you get to that point. 

Even if you hate your job, if you know that you are working towards something you want, and meeting your goals and giving yourself rewards during that time, it can really help you when you wake up in the morning and dont want to go to work, because you know you are working towards something greater. 

Its important to have small goals mixed in with the big ones though, because it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel without doing some cool stuff in between. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Thanks dudes. I think you're right Rex. I have some hobbies and things that have kind of fallen by the wayside lately. I still want to make the record label thing happen. I don't think it'll ever make any serious money but it would be fun as hell I think. It just sucks because i had literally everything ready to go on it and the pressing plant i was going to use to print the records shut down due to covid =)