Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    So a friend of mine who used to be in this shitty local band posted this ticket stub of a show I went to but never realized was a national tour. This was still in my pre concert going days and I left right after the local opener.... Fucking kill me. This was in my hometown in a VERY small venue. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I have 2 experiences like this. I saw Havok in like 2004. It was their second show ever, with their first being their high school talent show =))) They played a bunch of Slayer and Metallica covers and I think like one original song.

I also saw Khemmis at Black Sky Fest a few years back when they were still local. They were the first band to play and they fucking shredded. They blew every band out of the water. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited February 2021
    New Mac showed up, but it came preinstalled wit MacOS Big Sur. Big Sur is currently incompatible wit half of my VSTs and plug-ins. I can’t downgrade to Catalina, because it came wit Big Sur and no Mac can go lower than it’s out of box OS.

So I got the upgrade because my old Mac is damn near too slow for music production now, but now this one is musically a brick until compatibility is updated. 

Disgusting.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Windows >>>
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited February 2021
    Windows >>>
    It jus pisses me off because these MacOS upgrades are usually downgrades instead. In this particular situation I can’t downgrade but I turned off automatic updates on both Macs for this exact same reason cause originally when my first Mac upgraded to Catalina, it fucked me and I had to buy Auto-Tune for $400 after using it for literally 9 years for free because Catalina is incompatible wit 32 bit plugins, and all available torrents of Auto-Tune were only available in 32 bit, so I finally had to buy it. This is a similar situation except it shut down my use of a decent ass amount of my plug-ins. It’s not a fucking upgrade if it voids half of my shit. Silver lining is I’ll eventually be able to cause when Catalina dropped, it fucked wit a lot of music software, but it was all eventually updated to be compatible, but that could be another 2-3 months smh.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2021
    LMAO. To now add insult to injury, Universal Audio has their own line of plug-ins that specifically work ONLY  wit their own audio interfaces. Prolly nobody on here other than MC knows about the prestige of UA's Apollo interface, (Which I own.) but it's basically the absolute best interface you can get for a home studio, wit the only step above it being a $20K+ rack of multiple hardware preamps, EQs, compressors, etc. UA also has an interface called the Arrow, but it's marketed as a budget version of the Apollo and ain't nearly as good, but it works wit the UAD plugins as well.

Long story short, among UA's exclusive plugins, they have their own virtual preamps, reverbs, delays, EQs, etc., but as well as those, they also have a few collabs. One of those specifically being wit Antares, creator of Auto-Tune. There's a "UAD Auto-Tune RealTime" for it, which is $300. Antares' universal Auto-Tune that works everywhere, Auto-Tune Pro, is an extra $100.

They're essentially the same. Pro has more presets, and as already mentioned, is universal, but RealTime has completely live tracking on UA interfaces wit zero latency. Originally, I was deadset on the RealTime version for that exact reason since I have a UA interface. Ended up going wit Pro and sacrificing the live tracking for the bonus features and the flexibility of being able to use it any and everywhere.

Fast forward to now, all Antares’ products are incompatible wit my current OS....EXCEPT the live UAD Auto-Tune. Which is still Antares, but since it’s specifically a UAD plug-in, it’s recognized as UAD and not Antares, and UAD is compatible. I know because UA lets you do a 14 day free trial on any of their plug-ins. So I activated it on a whim jus to check if it works, and sure enough, it does. So on top of everything, if I had went wit my gut and got the version I originally wanted, I would have saved $100, and would also not currently be fucked. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I damn near wanna say fuck it and jus cop this version, but the difference between it and the Pro version I already have is so minimal that I can’t justify spending yet another $300 on this shit smh.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Fire off an email of phone call and see if the company will set you up with the other version or if you can get a patch. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Nope. Antares customer service is notoriously bad and almost nonexistent. On top of that, I originally bought it back in June or July, and their policy is all sales are final so I’d be fucked even trying to return or exchange it immediately after purchase.

As far as the patch, all they replied back to me was the link to their page about Big Sur compatibility, which is public and I had already seen. 😐
    Fucked up
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    My grandma is in the hospital :-<
    my girlfriend really pisses me off sometimes. I swear to god...
    FLAT said:
    My grandma is in the hospital :-<
    she ok?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    :!!!!!!!!!!
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    She just doesnt take care of herself like she should sometimes, and makes stupid impulsive decisions with bad consequences. And shes so obsessed with being independent she never asks for advice or help with anything, so she keeps getting herself in bad situations. Mostly financially or health related. 

And then bitches to me constantly about it. And the only thing I ever want to say is "well this was on you" 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    More details pls
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    She just doesnt take care of herself like she should sometimes, and makes stupid impulsive decisions with bad consequences. And shes so obsessed with being independent she never asks for advice or help with anything, so she keeps getting herself in bad situations. Mostly financially or health related. 

And then bitches to me constantly about it. And the only thing I ever want to say is "well this was on you" 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNKIjLLZMWs&amp;ab_channel=wildyamss
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    $2.79 for a goddamn gallon of gas

#JoeBidensAmerica