Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I'll be honest, I just do not understand the appeal of paying to meet people like that at all. Some people seem to enjoy it, and that's all good, but I have absolutely zero desire to ever go to one of those cons where it seems that the main thing to do is pay for autographs. 
    95% of thhe time i agree. I've never been to a comic con, wanted to check it out. I have been/do go to horror conventions, but mostly to find movies/posters/collectibles.
    inb4lists
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Gnomez said:
    I reckon you could have taken him Wake 
    No. Not even. He was very bulky and in great shape. Just surprised how short he was. From movies I was expecting like 6’2 or something 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'll be honest, I just do not understand the appeal of paying to meet people like that at all. Some people seem to enjoy it, and that's all good, but I have absolutely zero desire to ever go to one of those cons where it seems that the main thing to do is pay for autographs. 
     If it's like $20 cool. But people who drop $100+ to meet an actor is a no for me.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    No offence but you are poor though. Some of these guys with income to burn don't hesitate to drop $750 plus on a movie poster. Others enjoy getting the dogs as a hobby. Prices for some movie posters get crazy. Getting them signed by the actors only increases the value. Mark Hamill charges $300 to sign shit now.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    One guy in a FB group I'm a part of just did 5 grand worth of poster buys for people at NYCC lol. 

The market for that shit really is insane. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I wonder if my ten foot Jurassic world poster is worth anything 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    It's a poster of Jurrasic World, so I doubt it.
    inb4lists
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    People will buy Funko pops for high prices too

People will buy Funko pops for high prices too
    That black and white Pennywise st RICC is already trending st 475
    inb4lists
    No offence but you are poor though. Some of these guys with income to burn don't hesitate to drop $750 plus on a movie poster. Others enjoy getting the dogs as a hobby. Prices for some movie posters get crazy. Getting them signed by the actors only increases the value. Mark Hamill charges $300 to sign shit now.
     Yeah that's true. I just think charging that much for a meet and greet is a little ridiculous.
    Most of the time it's the conventions themselves. I met Alice Cooper at Spooky empire in orlando last year. The convention charged 100 for photos, 75 for signatures. but he would still hang out and talk to people during the rest of the day. Basically explained how they're under contract to where they can't sign or take photos on con grounds during the showtime hours. 
    inb4lists
    I'd believe it. Cons can capitalize so much on that I never doubted that the person doing a signing would be allowed to free ball the event. 
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I hate it when I get a pick from a band and it's not labeled. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I hate it when I get a pick from a band and it's not labeled. 
    I caught a blank white Dance With The Dead pick and just threw it back on stage lmao
    My wife thinks I'm weird ....
    I have this splintered piece of wood in my drawer.
    It's actually a broken Judas priest drumstick I got from a show in Australia in 2015.

Meanwhile someone is selling a drumstick for USD $155.
    If I have half a drumstick is mine worth half of that???