Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    This school has had them for a year or more and they aren't doing any measures to actually get rid of them. Also, they don't just get into soft things (beds, carpet, couches, clothes). They get into everything. Walls, wood/pressed board, etc. When he comes home he has to put all of this clothes in the dryer on the highest setting and take a long fairly hot shower. Because we don't want to take chances. It's bad enough down there students are finding live bugs during the day. 

If the school doesn't do what they should do, and anyone who doesn't have bed bugs in their house get them, they're gonna have lawsuits 
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Ive had bed bugs. They suck 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Overslept and missed my flight home this morning, now I'm on a flight about to take off at 1:00am in Vegas that is scheduled to arrive at 5:30am at home.....on a work day. I'm about to become the most miserable fucking person today. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    How does that happen? Did you sleep through your alarm?
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Also did you have to pay to reschedule? 
    Yes and yes. It was $100, not great but not all that bad cause my friends were actually in this late flight as well. I had planned on leaving earlier than them but we all just hung out more instead.
    I could've waited stand by but chose not to since it was such a small chance of happening.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    $100 ain’t bad honestly. I was expecting they would make you buy a full regular priced fare 
    I really need to find a new job, but have no idea where to look for this industry other than making your own business. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Are there no other studios in town?

What does it take to start your own?
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited October 2018
    There are some similar studios, but they're smaller and in worse areas so they'll basically be the same bullshit. 

I want to start up an all-in-one management thing. Ive been basically managing my band and I think I can manage others. I want to offer like "starter" packages to new and struggling bands. Give them a business plan with some short term goals, record them a demo, and get their feet in the door for shows. But get it done beyone the DIY scene and offer them something they can come back to, especially on the recording end, where I would potentially be their go-to tracking engineer. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Well if the grass isn't any greener at another studio, stay where your at and build your skills, resume, and networks list. Work towards your own thing on the side. Gather all the gear you can. I think of large goals like this as rolling big fucking boulders up a mountain. You can't do it all at once so you have to move it an inch or two a day. As long as you keep moving a little bit every day towards the goal you will get there someday even though it seems impossible now. Hard to build a studio and build up a band at the same time though. Both require lots of investment cash.

Free gear if you loot the place though.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Well if the grass isn't any greener at another studio, stay where your at and build your skills, resume, and networks list. Work towards your own thing on the side. Gather all the gear you can. I think of large goals like this as rolling big fucking boulders up a mountain. You can't do it all at once so you have to move it an inch or two a day. As long as you keep moving a little bit every day towards the goal you will get there someday even though it seems impossible now. Hard to build a studio and build up a band at the same time though. Both require lots of investment cash.

Free gear if you loot the place though.
    Yea my biggest issue is my schedule and my management. Idk what happened, but they stopped caring about us. There's literally no more opprtunity for growth for us within the company, and they've started making things like getting off for shows a living hell. 

Im essentially nights and weekends exclusively. We have a staff of 3 people and two managers. The managers hate coming in on weekends, so when we request off for shows they always throw a fit. And God forbid you ask a couple days off for vacation. 

How the fuck you gonna put the only musicians on staff on nights and weekends only and then get mad when they have shows WHEN YOU WORK AT A MUSIC STUDIO? 
    An enormous wasp is in my house. Its so big I can hear its wings in the other room 
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    i dont see u drivin a Buggatti asshole

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    wish that bitch wud STFU!

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Mastodon/Kvelertak/Mutoid Man/Scott Kelly tour.....in the UK/EU. Lame.
    inb4lists
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy