Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Good thing I got a 5 year warranty on it then that covers everything.
    And if your PC shits on any Mac wit how powerful it is, why is my Mac shittin on yours in the music department? Stock too.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    >spending more money
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    Because it's a software compatibility issue not a hardware issue :| 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Only thing macs have going for them is their music production software. The hardware itself is shitty as hell for the price you pay.

Macs vs PCs of comparable price is like a Toyota Camry vs. a Lamborghini. The Camry is easier to drive, better on gas, etc. but if you know what the fuck you're doing the Lamborghini is way better

so basically Erik is part of the Camry race 
    But yet again, Macs win when it comes to music production. There's a reason professional studios almost always use them.
    >spending more money
    >free replacement and or repair retard
    Xenocide said:
    But yet again, Macs win when it comes to music production. There's a reason professional studios almost always use them.
    Exactly. And this dude wants to be a sound engineer and refuses to go Mac which is ludicrous. Literally every studio I been to uses Mac Pros.
    Yeah it's not because of the actual computer though. It's because of how the software is designed. You don't need a super computer to do music production. 
    I've been Windows forever. Used many Macs. I def prefer Windows. I like how they run better. I like the OS better. I know how to troubleshoot them easier. They are more versatile. 

Macs run easier out of box. Which is why college students like them. And any issues with recording programs is entirely SOFTWARE BASED. Its how these programs are written to read and recognize audio interfaces and sound drivers that conflict with Windows at open-box state. 

Its a hassle to figure out, yes, but once you get it, its much more rewarding. Especially when it comes to HARDWARE limitations of Macs vs PCs. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    Work 8-6 day after sabbath/before tool. Finna be one long fucking day. Might have to save the addy for that day. Don't wanna take em back to back though for tool. 
    For example, 

My computer's stats. I bought it for about $2000 ($1899), they go for $800 now because its dated. Its also a laptop, making it more expensive than if it was a prebuilt desktop, and especially more expensive than if I built a desktop.

• Quadcore Intel core_i7 Processor 2.3GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 1.5TB Hard Drive
    • 17.3-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M
    • Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
    • Intel Core i7 Processor 3610QM 2.3GHz
    • 16 GB SO-DIMM RAM
    • 1.5TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
    • 17.3-Inch Screen; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M Graphics
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Mac Pro: 
    $2,819.00 tower.  
    • 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 Processor
    • 12 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory
    • 256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    • Dual AMD FirePro D300 with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM each
    • Mac OS X Yosemite

I paid less. Have a laptop. Have more RAM. Comparable core processing power. Better graphics card. More harddrive space. Better OS. 
    nigga if dat laptop is $800 give me a fucking link
    Annoying as shit but my left eardrum ruptured that night when I got the ear infection. Finally went back to the doctor because 10 days later and I still can't really hear out of the ear and it's ringing. He said the eardrum was hard to see because of the amount of dried blood still in the canal. Gotta go see a ENT doctor. Hope this isn't permanent. 
    Same eardrum that mildly ruptured during Suicide Silence at Mayhem '11.
    oh also because of this ear shit my aquatics director isn't letting me lifeguard until I'm cleared so I might have to find a new job for the next 2 months.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Nah PCs suck dick. My iMac was the smartest purchase I ever made as far as music. I purposely tried to overload it by using a ridiculous amount of plug ins to see what it could handle and that mf kept goin steady.
    PC is great for gaming and personal use. But Mac's are the go to for stuff like music and art. I'm not a fan of Apple at all and at least I can admit this
    imageimage
    Also if you want to do video editing, like music videos, you are better off using a PC.