Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Yea this is beyond the realm of internet message board help lol you should really try and seek as much professional help as you can. Just like a sickness the longer you let it sit and do nothing about it the worse it gets. Don't let other peoples experiences get you down, every individual is different and can do different things. Good luck dude 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I didn't come here for help really. Not sure why j brought it up now. I've seen a handful of therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists and shit. The first time in medical tour they thought j was just some self diagnosing webm spaz like "we'll I don't think it's that, that's very rare" or the situation with the first counselor was that he happened to work in the same office where a nurse practitioner had prescribed me zoloft a year prior and had by then stopped taking. He didnt listen to what i had to say about the issue at hand and only went off her notes when talking to me. Eventually I gave up hope and tried pretending it wasn't there. It got worse and I knew I should try again but the fear of nothing happening made me procrastinate. I've found a therapist Im comfortable with but he told me there's not much he can do. He gave me a psychologists number but while doing that told me he didn't personally recommend him. Well I saw that guy and he officially diagnosed me but immediately gave me a script for effexor. I wasn't comfortable with the dude at all. Wanted to  back my options about with another psychologist who has more background here but he has a huge waiting list and I haven't even called yet 
    image Photobucket
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I gotta be honest with you: I've battled mental issues for more than 20 years now. In that time, I've only had one psychologist that gave a shit. And I only had him for about 2 years in the mid 90s before insurance changed and I had to see someone else. I had one social worker that kinda cared, but the doctor she worked with was more interested in insulting me than helping. I was prescribed all the shit you've mentioned in addition to shit like Geodon that made me see blue mice darting around the floor and Seroquel that knocked me out so bad that I missed a funeral once and another time almost choked on my cereal because it made my muscles too weak to swallow. Almost every mental health professional listened to about 30 seconds of what was wrong with me then prescribed me a drug. If that didn't work, I'd get another 30 seconds 2 weeks later accompanied by a new combination of drugs. Most of the time, is have to get bloodwork done regularly because the shit they would give me was toxic at high levels. My kidneys got fucked so bad a few years back I was pissing blood and had to stop drinking for almost 2 years. I'm not really telling you this to discourage you. I just want you to have realistic expectations. A lot of people think that you go to see a shrink and BOOM they solve your shit with a pill. I'm sure if you have the resources that may happen. But for people in lower economic levels like us, it's hard to find someone that both gives a shit and knows what they're doing. Good luck though. It sounds like you might need to venture outside the usual avenues. I turned my back on traditional medicine and pills 6 years ago. I've managed myself with diet and marijuana. Marijuana doesn't really solve my problem so much as it circumvents it. I have issues with paranoia and anger. Marijuana just kinda makes me too lazy to act out on my impulses, which was what got me in trouble all the time. Diet and exorcise help manage healthy serotonin levels. It's hard because I'm no scientist, but I manage better now than I did when I was waiting on a pill to solve it for me. For some people, things will never be easy. Once I kinda got a grip on that and accepted that things would just be different for me, I've had a lot better outlook on life
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,610 spicy boy
    saw that. Instant irate.
    I knew there was something they were distracting us with gay marriage for
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Fuck that fuckin bs
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:
    I knew there was something they were distracting us with gay marriage for
    This happened years ago :|

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb/25/nation/la-na-scotus-lapd-search-20140226

>years
    >last year
    What they are distracting people from though is the teams-pacific partnership 
    a year and a half ago is closer to years then "look what just happened"
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    If anyone actually read my article they said the case stemmed back from a 2009 incident. 
    Both articles are relating to the same incident I believe 
    That happened it 2009. 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    That doesn't sound fun, damn. But that's part of why I'm constantly stalling between doctors because I don't really expect much. I was hesitant to try any anti depressants for the longest time and after talking to a friend who started one, he made me feel comfortable with all the reasons I was worried and gave me the confidence to go that route. Then as soon as I started he up and quit for every single reason I side I was worried. So I quit right then although we were on different drugs and I probably should have went ahead and continued with it and gave it an actual try. At least with depression I could smoke pot and it wasn't the best coping mechanism it it was something that I enjoyed regardless and it helped. Can't do that anymore. As far as the guy that prescribed effexor...I might go that route but it's an ssnri. From what I've read on a lot of different places involving a study done on a woman at the University of Toledo, of medication helps with this it's an anti psychotic. The counselor who I'm comfortable with, who told me he recommended the other guy based on what his colleagues said and didn't want to personally recommend...I told him that and he agreed. But like you said it seems like these guys barely give a damn. That's shitty enough when you have something like depression. But these guys had to break out the fucking DSM IV because depersonalization is like that one thing you had a quick lesson on in med school and never talked about again. Which is why I mentioned earlier that most of my help has been through tumblr of all places and i don't even have have a page there. These are people who know what it is, it's their life. You don't have to spend forever talking about it trying to describe it because that's so goddamn impossible and people think you're weird as shit. I actually have India to thank for showing me that. Of my friends, she's the only one that seems to understand and care. 
    image Photobucket
    LOOT said:
    That happened it 2009. 
    yeah and the ruling was a year and a half ago.

I can't even say I totally disagree with the ruling. If you live with someone, they also have an equal right to the residence so if your roommate/gf/wife/bf says "no you can't come in" the place is yours too and so you have the right to invite them in.
    The worst part is that the public at large has this cavalier attitude of "well see a doctor and get it taken care of" Like it's that easy. 
    If her name wasn't on the lease than nah 
    LOOT said:
    If her name wasn't on the lease than nah 
    Did she live there full time? If yes, then being on the lease isnt necessary. Hell, depending on the length of time they have lived together, in the eyes of the law they are essentially married and have all the same rights as married couples.  Like if Satan and his gf broke up, she could take him to court and sue him for half his shit and child support and would probably win. It's called a common law marriage.
    Common law marriage doesn't exist in Georgia