Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2015
    BASED said:
    wake stfu already I don't think MC is even practicing anymore. We get it. you hate god. congrats, so does just about everybody else on this board. At this point I don't think MCs views on sex are that rooted in his christian background but him being a quitter. 
    Just because he doesnt go to church weekly doenst make him a non-practicing Chrstian. He has said several times that he 100% believes in God and Heaven, and he thinks when he dies he will go to heaven with Jesus. His views are 100% rooted in it and Im not the only person here saying it. Satan for example said the exact same thing two pages ago. 
    Post edited by WakeOfAshes on
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I play dork games with my friends pretty frequently now.. Like board games/card games etc. cuz they're into it and they let me smoke their weed while we do it.. Never played d and tho.. And some doom metal is just as dorky as maiden tbh but the riffs are just too tastey and I can admit I just like it cuz it's corny
    What games?
    We play the dice game they play in pirates of the Caribbean a lot.. It's dope as fuck
    we play this board game called Revolution ! Which is fun
    tjetes this game where you have to put historical events on a timeline accurately ..pretty cool
    and there's this card game that's dope called citadels that we play a lot

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I feel like you're holding on to things he may have said in the past. I won't argue that some of his morals are rooted in Christianity, but I don't think that's the driving factor anymore. I could be wrong. Either way, I'm just as down for a good god bashing as anybody else should be, but at the end of the day I feel like that's not really the problem at hand here
    also comparing MCs ideology to be along the same lines as suicide bombers is a bit extreme don't you think
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    His driving factor is fear
    imageimage
    BASED said:
    I feel like you're holding on to things he may have said in the past. I won't argue that some of his morals are rooted in Christianity, but I don't think that's the driving factor anymore. I could be wrong. Either way, I'm just as down for a good god bashing as anybody else should be, but at the end of the day I feel like that's not really the problem at hand here
    I personally think that it is ultimately the driving factor in why he continues to hold onto these morality issues with sex. It is not a coincidence that his morals on this topic happen to align exactly with that of Christianity.  He tries to pass it off as being a creation of his own mind, but that is bullshit. He is literally just cherry picking what beliefs he is going to follow and which ones he is going to choose to ignore, just like everyone else that believes in God. And that's what I am calling him on.

BASED said:
    also comparing MCs ideology to be along the same lines as suicide bombers is a bit extreme don't you think

Yes it is an extreme analogy however oftentimes when you are making analogies you pick an extreme example to show how stupid his position was. Like if you were trying to convince a murder that murder is wrong you don't give an analogy of a thief stealing a candy bar from the store. No you talk about the holocaust or something more extreme to get the point across.

Although let me ask you- just how much more extreme is it really? The suicide bombers path ends up killing themselves and a bunch of innocent people around them.... The path MC is on has MC putting a bullet in his head. Is it really that big of a leap? Not really... both cases the person is dead.
    edited June 2015
    I have a funny joke I heard yesterday... So this guy dies and goes to hell. Satan notices the dude is looking a little glum and says

"Hey man, what's wrong?"
    "Dude... Satan! Im in HELL!!!"
    "yeah? It's not really that bad man"
    "Really how so?"
    "Well do you like drinking?"
    "Yes"
    "Well on Mondays we have a get plowed day where we all drink as much as we can... Anything you want. Whisky, Vodka, Beer.... We have everything. And since you are dead, no hang over the next day"
    "That actually does sound good. What else?"
    "Well do you like smoking?"
    "yes"
    "Well On Tuesdays we have a smoking party and all sit around smoking the best cigars ever, pipe tobacco, and all other kids of great tobacco products. Best part since you are dead, dont have to worry about cancer!"
    "Sweet! Tell me more!"
    "Well do you like Drugs?"
    "YES!!"
    "Well you are going to LOVE Wedensdays!!! We get like tons of blow, and LSD, and smack... you name it. WE get totally fucked up and the best part is since you are dead you dont have to worry about an OD!"
    "WOW! This is Sweet!!!"
    "YEAH I told you! Are you gay?"
    "What!?!?? Fuck no Satan."
    "Oh shit... Well Thursdays are going to be a little rough for you"

edited June 2015
    you just compared the death of thousands of innocent people to suicide bombers, to 1 potential suicide that likely won't happen, and even if it did happen, that person chose to die. nice one
    BASED said:
    you just compared the death of thousands of innocent people to suicide bombers, to 1 potential suicide that likely won't happen, and even if it did happen, that person chose to die. nice one
    Because I used a more extreme analogy so he would get the point. That's how analogy work. You show an example that even they will think is fucked up, and show how it closely relates to them.
    except that's not closely related at all. 
    edited June 2015
    Is the problem just that you don't know what an analogy is? Here let me help you out with the definition- a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

You on board now?

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Slap and Wake should fight :-?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    no. I don't see a connection between the murder of innocents in the name of allah and a kid from Chicago who doesn't want to have sex and thinks its bad. You're trying really hard to make MC's ideology to be worse than it is. At the end of the day, it only affects him because he's the one choosing to abstain. He might critique us for wanting to have sex or being slutty, which but it's not like he's threatening to murder those who have lots of sex. You're full of shit and it's sad you can't see that seeing as you're supposed to be the old wise man with years of experience here. 
    You should at least suck his dick for his white knighting.
    You should at least suck his dick for his white knighting.

Chuck knows whats up. I couldn't give a fuck about MC at this point. I'm honestly just tired of seeing all these mini essays where you find excuses to ramble on about your beliefs and the like that have almost nothing to do with the topic at hand. Even if I may agree with some of your points, it's annoying. and now that you're spouting a bunch of BS that's really fucking ignorant, it's even worse. 
    BASED said:
    no. I don't see a connection between the murder of innocents in the name of allah and a kid from Chicago who doesn't want to have sex and thinks its bad. You're trying really hard to make MC's ideology to be worse than it is. At the end of the day, it only affects him because he's the one choosing to abstain. He might critique us for wanting to have sex or being slutty, which but it's not like he's threatening to murder those who have lots of sex. You're full of shit and it's sad you can't see that seeing as you're supposed to be the old wise man with years of experience here. 
    Jesus, the point was pretty clear. :| The analogy here is is not the end result but how the seed is planted.  MC's position is not an original idea that he just made up and just so happens to also be firmly rooted in Christianity. No, the idea was planted there by Christianity when he was impressionable, and now he trys passing the bullshit off as his own original hypocritical rhetoric.   This is very analogous to how people get radicalized in Islam. The seed gets planted and then people water that seed and get their thinking trained to adopt it as their own. It's literally the idea, and in both cases religion is being used to get the person there. The main analogy here is in the process in which it happens.... Both are the same.

Yes one is a more extreme version of the other, however that is the whole fucking point of an analogy. You show the extreme position to make a god damn point.

And frankly it doesnt fucking matter Mr McKnight. Okay... we get it. MC is your friend and you love that he thinks that way. Im tired of arguing about the definition on an analogy.  

Wake nobody looks at your argument and laughs like "oh that guy is so clever." No, you just managed to make the already old and annoying game of picking on MC and make it even more annoying. Fucking Christ if your kids take after you, any time there's a disagreement it's just going to be who can try to pull in the most bullshit and somehow tie it in the point they are getting further and further from trying to make.
    Who are you? Nothing I've said in this thread (minus the actual Joke post above) was said for laughs. I was never poking fun at MC, but actually hoping something I said caused him to reflect and realize the errors in his way.
    BASED said:
     I couldn't give a fuck about MC at this point.
    could have fooled me.