Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*********SPOILER ALERT********* IRON MAIDEN SPOILERS THREAD *************SPOILER ALERT**********

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Lol Ape that was a hot topic when they took out Paschendale and A Thousand Suns for Dance of Death and Wrathchild.

And mine was...but I got there so late that the outside one was closed. Mine had 3 Merchstands to be exact
    image Photobucket
    edited July 2010
    well shit...It didn't say I posted it
    image Photobucket
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    So glad I got to see Paschendale. It was tits and hearing some the people scream like Jonas bros fan girls *coughdownolacough* was funny.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah it was a great show.

And Erik, if I'm not mistaken Bruce said "right now he is a fucking Rainbow In The Dark"

Tbh I was shocked I could understand what he was saying from the lawn, the sound there blows. It was better than normal last night, though.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I would have like to see it...but I'm pretty happy with Dance of Death. I love the lyrics.
    The one I'm jealous about is Brighter Than A Thousand Suns..8 minutes out for a 3 minute song.

And in the US, they closed with Hallowed 9 out of 10 times, it was cool to see a switch up.

image Photobucket
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited July 2010
    So glad I got to see Paschendale. It was tits and hearing some the people scream like Jonas bros fan girls *coughdownolacough* was funny.
    hey, that one particular song was worth the trip alone for me dammit! I made it clear that was the song I was looking forward too.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    And I realized something last night. Bruce said that there were over 18,000 people in attendance, and it was the biggest crowd they've ever had in Chicago.

If my math is correct, it could very well be the case that last night was the most people simultaneously chanting 666 in Illinois EVER.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Aaaaaaaaa I can't wait until tomorrow
    I'm looking forward to the whole set but I'm most excited for the wickerman, Benjamin breeg, no more lies, fear of the dark, el dorado, number of the beast, and dance of death
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I forgot you had first to the barrier..I was pissed because my pit wristband didn't say Iron Maiden anywhere on it lol, but that makes sense now.
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I would have liked to have seen Paschendale, but....Dance of Death was one of the best performances of the night and I personally think it's almost as good. No complaints about Wrathchild either, I love the Di'Anno albums so whenever they pull something out from that era it's awesome.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    In reponse to eriks review. This is why seats blow ass at any kind of metal show. Unless its the headliner, most people won't give a shit. Fuck, I even had one kid tell me to "sit the fuck down, your distracting the show" to me during BtBAM's set at prog nation 2008. That's why I always say, pit or nothing.
    Detroit's crowd was great. I was on the lawn and I saw people everywhere rocking out to every song lol.
    I can't believe there is people complaining about the setlist. You must not be a fan if you're complaining about it. My favorites of the night were- the wicker man, no more lies, fear of the dark, hallowed be thy name. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to get paschendale another time. Hopefully there is another time. Also I thought the space backdrop was awesome. I will say the only thing that let me down is no pyro. : /
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2010
    ^Yeah Paschendale and Brighter Than a Thousand Suns are amazing live!
    Post edited by 1D_for_life on
    My favorites were all the Brave New World songs, Dance of Death, and the encore.
    So from one of the earlier articles, it sounds like they're waiting for the Final Frontier to come out before they play more songs...

I wonder what the setlist will be on the world tour. I want a new live CD. Flight 666 was cool...but the majority of the songs were already on a live album...If they keep These Colours Don't Run and Benjamin Breeg, along with a few songs of the new album, I think it would be pretty badass if they made one this tour...probably not though.
    image Photobucket
    They'll probably open with Satellite 15 and El Dorado and then go from there. Probably add another couple other songs from the new album too. I would expect the reunion era theme of the setlist to remain the same though.
    The best buy by the venue did not do their research very well. They had a table sitting up front with maiden CDs and all the CDs were the old ones none of the newer CDs.