Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*********SPOILER ALERT********* IRON MAIDEN SPOILERS THREAD *************SPOILER ALERT**********

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Alright, guess I'll write this thing.

This started out as one of those 'Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." My friend called me at 11 and asked me to check out this house with him. We're both probably going to UT next year, so it'd be cool to get this house squared away in time. On the way back his house overheats like a motherfucker. Aside from overheating, the car is generally shit. So we keep trying to make it to the highway, but redlights keep fucking us up. We made our way home 3/4 of a mile at a time.

He drops me off eventually, I take a shower and pick up the friend that is going with me. I have my mom drop us off at my dad's so he can just get off from work and we can go. Well he needs to rent a car, seems simple, nothing tough. Then he needs his check stub, which of course he lost. We spent a good hour looking for it before he got the bright idea to call and ask what else he can bring. All they need is two pieces of mail. Boom. Got is gotten. We get on the road at 6:30. Two hours away. We hit the turnpike and he lets me take over because he is tired. I follow traffic and do 80, because I know that 65 will not get us there in time.

We arrive at the show, and walking in I hear Ghost of the Navigator. I was depressed that I missed The Wicker Man, but I really wanted to see Ghost of the Navigator. We rush in, this old guy is having a hell of a time trying to put our pit wristbands on. When he is done, we rush and get shirts, then run to the pit. El Dorado comes on, and Janick is dead in front of us, I could grab him if I wanted to. But we are still a little too far off to the right. After awhile we work our to the center and the show just takes over completely. I was a little upset when I saw they weren't playing Paschendale, but Dance of Death as perfectly played. I'm thinking I was happier with that. At first, glancing at the setlist I thought Wildest Dreams was the weakest song on the set, but after hearing it, I loved it. The song was stuck in my head the whole ride home. Hearing Iron Maiden, was another great experience, played just as great as 2008. Right after Iron Maiden was when I caught the drumstick. This guy and I with both our hands on it in alternating positions. There was no way either of us was going to win. When he said "Let's break it," I was reluctant to let go, I was almost sure he would take off. But I trusted him, he put it on the ground and stomped on it. He gave me the choice of sides, but seeing as we were wating for the encore, I couldn 't see a goddamn thing. I took the first side I got my hand on. Number of the Beast came and went just as great as I had hoped. Then my favorite song, Hallowed Be Thy name, and of course the extended Running Free. Overall, I had forgot all about missing The Wicker Man, and saw one of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

On a technicality, I have now seen Iron Maiden in two decades. That doesn't hold a candle to my dad who has seen them 10 times in four decades, and I highly doubt I'll ever be able to say that about myself. The show was also my sister, and my friends first time seeing them, of course they were not let down.
    image Photobucket
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    good review chavey. was the wicker man the only song you missed?
    I completely missed The Wicker Man.
    I could hear Ghost of the Navigator as we were walking in, and they started Wrathchild as we were buying shirts.
    image Photobucket
    edited July 2010
    I forgot say I felt pretty cheesy for knowing the setlist. The show went by 10x faster and all surprise went out the window. Next time, I'm going to attempt the *lalalala I cant hear you* method.
    image Photobucket
    3 posts in a row, go me.

I'm didn't bring my camera, because I'm a douche, and my phone died on the way up.
    My friend however did take some pics with his phone..
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    image Photobucket
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Awesome pics.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    wow your stage is really low
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    wow your stage is really low
    Or the people are really tall!!!????
    to everybody that's been at the show: has there been an event shirt at your date? somebody here posted that there was one for every date but wine said it's only for a certain ones.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    There was no event shirt at mine.

I just got back. Best show I've ever seen, it's not even close.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    ^you were on the lawn. Imagine seeing both bands in the PIT, oh wait
    Exactly. What does that tell you about how good they were? <_>
    It's good talking to you in here.

I was mega disappointed when I found out that I missed The Wickerman, and didn't get to see them perform Ghost of the Navigator
    image Photobucket
    The Wicker Man is one of my favorite Maiden songs, so to hear them open the show with that was very satisfying. :)
    Surprised at the setlist?
    I coudln't wait to hear it. Ghost of the Navigator probably was my favorite off the set compared to last tours
    image Photobucket
    Surprised at the setlist?
    Not really, I knew which way the set would be stacked. I'm really happy with the songs they picked.
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    edited July 2010
    lulz jake :D
    so did u believe me when i said they werent playing the wicker man and then you were super mega surprised when they opened with it?
    Lol no, I had always thought they would open with it. I was so happy they did.