Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*********SPOILER ALERT********* IRON MAIDEN SPOILERS THREAD *************SPOILER ALERT**********

Comments

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Im not gonna lie their new material is so underrated by most fans these days.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think Ghost Of The Navigator may be my favorite Maiden song
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I think Ghost Of The Navigator may be my favorite Maiden song
    Great song :) One that has really grown on me lately is The Thin Line Between Love and Hate, it really has some of Bruce's best vocals IMO
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ape will probably come back in a storm of angry talking about the money he wasted.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    hahahahahahahahahha
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I wish i was up in the pit to see him flip when they keep playing newer songs

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?????"
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?????"

lmao

btw, wine, did you post a comment on metalsucks in the article about that cormorant guy talking about record labels?
    "btw, wine, did you post a comment on metalsucks in the article about that cormorant guy talking about record labels?"

Probably, what did I say?

By the way, take Arthur's advice with that shit. Whenever I talk to him I feel like I'm getting a book on the subject rammed into my skull. He knows what he's talking about.
    "To think I wouldn’t have gotten this column without your interview request. Thanks dude! :-)"
    maybe it wasn't you.....I think this was the guy who posted the article but I'm not sure...actually I think it is

He just had the same icon as you had for along time. that album cover or whatever it was
    Oh, that was Ziltoid. He's pretty much the best fan you could have in Cormorant's situation. MetalSucks was probably the biggest exposure that the band has ever had. I would love to have that sort of effect on the band, but I don't. I'm relegated to just recommending them to everyone I can... :(
    Sorry bro
    Very interesting read. Although I will say that there are so many things in that contract that bind you that I doubt a small record label would do something that harsh. I like his point about going on a per album basis.
    Do you consider Nuclear Blast and Metal Blades large record companies?
    When my band gets some shows and we get a few songs down I want to send something to a bunch of record labels with them included
    I believe the record label for that one was Relapse, one of the companies I know offered them a deal.

"Do you consider Nuclear Blast and Metal Blades large record companies? "

Yes.

"When my band gets some shows and we get a few songs down I want to send something to a bunch of record labels with them included"

If you have any questions, direct them to Arthur. He's very good at giving recommendations, and will always respond to questions, kind dude too. I can give you his e-mail if you want.
    edited July 2010
    Sure. that would be great. Won't be emailing him for a long time but it's good to have just in case

so I'm guessing Relapse is big too huh?
    Yep.

If I ever have a band that is actually worthwhile, I'm sending to Earache. They may have the unforgivable Oceano, but everything else is just so damn good.
    Profound Lore has such a killer bunch of bands. It's really amazing.
    Do you guys have a link to a site with a bunch of small metal record labels? Maybe I could ask that guy you're talking about, wine
    What I would do is look at your peers in the DC underground and what labels they are signed to. Send some demos out to them and you could get lucky.
    I doubt any of the local bands are actually signed though :(
    I'll ask around and hopefully something will come up
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NOWHERE TO RUN!
    NOWHERE TO HIDE!
    YOU'VE GOT TO KILL TO STAY ALIVE!