Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tattoos? POST EM!

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Only one of those that is any good is the black bear head. The rest are jacked.
    Lol, pathetic. Now you're just being a hater. Name anything wrong with the Puerto Rican flag made out of feathers or the script one.
    I'm not a hater, Im educated as fuck on the topic. I've done an apprenticeship, and worked as an artist in a professional shop. APT, heard of it? nothing wrong huh? So the script letters are all consistent? The second line isn't crooked as fuck? That star in the feathers isn't jacked the fuck up? open your eyes kid
    well you prob have a real good eye for tattoing as an artform, but some people just like getting tats for fun and not this elaborate art statement in which not only do i think its ok for the tat to no be perfect but i actually prefer that..it gives it a real feel and imo more character...
    doesnt have to be a statement
    hell, i have cupcakes on my back but i at least got them done where they look professional and proportional
    imageimage
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    This has to be the best looking tattoo of all time though.

best drawn? argueable ...........best looking? hellllllnawwwwwwww
    That style is know as color bomb. Is that by Tim Kern by chance?
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Only one of those that is any good is the black bear head. The rest are jacked.
    Lol, pathetic. Now you're just being a hater. Name anything wrong with the Puerto Rican flag made out of feathers or the script one.
    I'm not a hater, Im educated as fuck on the topic. I've done an apprenticeship, and worked as an artist in a professional shop. APT, heard of it? nothing wrong huh? So the script letters are all consistent? The second line isn't crooked as fuck? That star in the feathers isn't jacked the fuck up? open your eyes kid
    well you prob have a real good eye for tattoing as an artform, but some people just like getting tats for fun and not this elaborate art statement in which not only do i think its ok for the tat to no be perfect but i actually prefer that..it gives it a real feel and imo more character...
    I agree it really shows how the artist expresses it. I like tattoo's for 1. To show how much something means to me and 2. To express an art form.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    yea im not saying you need to get a shitty tat done but honestly the ones erik posted look fine and no one would say anything bad about them unles theyre like jobe and really know there shit...and like i said little imperfection, not complete mess ups or anything, i think give a tattoo a real feel like some made this, if its wayy to neat it almost seems like less art to me as in like a perfect robot did or somethin
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    personally, if something was gonna stay on me forever, id make sure it was top notch and perfect
    imageimage
    That girl should have made the same decision I did...not going into tattooing because of an unsteady hand and inability to quickly draw a straight line.
    I think you would do great, this chick is just going about it all wrong. All it takes is finding a professional willing to let you apprentice for him/her. If Eriks "artist" was doing one, she would be doing little 2 inch tattoos all day (yup, butterflies and flowers) till she learns to draw straight lines, then move on to bigger stuff. If its something you would like to do I can give you a lot of good pointers to help securing one.
    Sure. It's always been in the back of my kind. If I can get my shaky hands under control, I could trust myself enough to apprentice.
    weed would probably help that
    Fuck that.
    Not needed. You start out on oranges and pig ears, and a good set of tubes will give the tattoo machine great balance in your hand instead of fighting the weight of the machine at the top of it. Plus you will be at a shop for month before even ever touching a machine.

well i guess its just a difference in taste then, i would not want cupcakes on me forever either..... but i was just stating maybe a different perspective on looking at tattoos
    That girl should have made the same decision I did...not going into tattooing because of an unsteady hand and inability to quickly draw a straight line.
    I think you would do great, this chick is just going about it all wrong. All it takes is finding a professional willing to let you apprentice for him/her. If Eriks "artist" was doing one, she would be doing little 2 inch tattoos all day (yup, butterflies and flowers) till she learns to draw straight lines, then move on to bigger stuff. If its something you would like to do I can give you a lot of good pointers to help securing one.
    Sure. It's always been in the back of my kind. If I can get my shaky hands under control, I could trust myself enough to apprentice.
    Fuck that.
    Not needed. You start out on oranges and pig ears, and a good set of tubes will give the tattoo machine great balance in your hand instead of fighting the weight of the machine at the top of it. Plus you will be at a shop for month before even ever touching a machine.

i was just trying to get her to smoke weed lol
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yea im not saying you need to get a shitty tat done but honestly the ones erik posted look fine and no one would say anything bad about them unles theyre like jobe and really know there shit...and like i said little imperfection, not complete mess ups or anything, i think give a tattoo a real feel like some made this, if its wayy to neat it almost seems like less art to me as in like a perfect robot did or somethin
    This so fucking much. Thank you. Are the tats I posted top 10 state of the art? No, not at all. But they're still good and not complete fuck ups or absolute shit. Not even bad at that. At least not to me.

• jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    imo the quality of a tat isnt as important as the stupid designs..i would rather my lines be a little wavy than have a dumbass colorful fish on my arm forever.....
    For as drunk as i am, this is the only shit that made sense
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Fuck that.

Makes sense. I'd just need to completely cut my caffeine intake and maybe get my hand checked out again before I try. I get pain in it if I'm holding something for more than 30 minutes, which is a problem for drawing.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    This has to be the best looking tattoo of all time though.

I don't have any tatts at all....I just never felt the desire to have one....and even if I wanted one I wouldn't know what to get or where to put it......but that is one cool tatt
    This is where i got the idea for my tattoo but i honestly thought it looked like complete shit. I mean for fucks sake it looks like the emperor from Star wars and the skulls are uneven and the emblem is messed up.

I think my artist did one hell of a job on mine compared to the original.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    WOW. The difference in those is staggering... lol
    I love winning with women
    Sarcasm?
    both of the skulls an emblem thing look fine but ur glowing head dood is much better than the top one
    both of the skulls an emblem thing look fine but ur glowing head dood is much better than the top one
    I just dont like the emblem on the first one because it seems kind of wavy at some parts and the skulls are kind of everywhere size wise. But thats just my opinion on it.
    Fuck that.

Makes sense. I'd just need to completely cut my caffeine intake and maybe get my hand checked out again before I try. I get pain in it if I'm holding something for more than 30 minutes, which is a problem for drawing.
    If this is something you really want to do, go after it. Don't worry about all that stuff, it can all be fixed in time. To start, just draw, draw, draw, and start a portfolio. Try to assemble the pages in it like a sheet of tattoo flash. Visit as many shops in your area as you can and get to know the artists a little bit. If you find a shop/artist you like, talk to them about apprenticeships. The official title of the job you are applying for is "the shop bitch" lol. Cleaning bathrooms, taking out the trash, cleaning tubes, paper work, dealing with customers, and all the other shitty jobs are where you will probably start if you can find one. There is also a very good chance you will be working for free for a while, or for very little money, but consider it the price of admission.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Sarcasm?
    No not at all! haha

The second is MILES better lol
    I love winning with women
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Fuck that.

If this is something you really want to do, go after it. Don't worry about all that stuff, it can all be fixed in time. To start, just draw, draw, draw, and start a portfolio. Try to assemble the pages in it like a sheet of tattoo flash. Visit as many shops in your area as you can and get to know the artists a little bit. If you find a shop/artist you like, talk to them about apprenticeships. The official title of the job you are applying for is "the shop bitch" lol. Cleaning bathrooms, taking out the trash, cleaning tubes, paper work, dealing with customers, and all the other shitty jobs are where you will probably start if you can find one. There is also a very good chance you will be working for free for a while, or for very little money, but consider it the price of admission.
    I'll start building up my portfolio. I already have a small one with like 40 pieces that I like. I know of this one shop that I wouldn't mind apprenticing at.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html