Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tattoos? POST EM!

Comments

• cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    I don't remember that.

But i genuinely didn't know and that was my bad.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't consider it justifiable, but I'll defend my position that things with meaning are not always a justifiable tattoo. For instance, I'm sure you treasure your childhood, and your parents. What's to stop you from getting their names and birthdates tattooed on your arm?
    I know you won't change you're opinion on tattoos so i won't try to change it. I know lots of people get them because it's cool or a fad. Some people get them because it's symbolic which is why i'd get one. While you may not think it's justifiable just think why not get a tattoo. You have one life, you might as well live it the way you want it. In which case some people want to get tattoos.
    I'm not advocating some sort of law banning tattoos or anything, but I just want to make sure people really think about what they're doing. I'd say everyone here who is planning on getting a tattoo will likely regret it during their life. You guys are confident you won't, so it's not my place to say you can't get one. It's not like I have a moral opposition to tattoos, but I think in the long term, it's not a smart decision.
    I love chocolate cookies..but I won't eat them because I still just can't quite justify them.
    I can. They taste good, the ramifications of a single cookie are minimal.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I hid my tattoo from my dad for 4 months...I told him on 4/20 since he was in a good mood. My mom was with me when I got it done. I really want to get my Machine Head lion soon.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    This is late. But thanks Cameron and too whoever asked if it's hatebreeds symbol yes it is.

I see wines argument I can relate it to the need/want discussion in another thread. I respect his feelings on tattoos. There's no point in you all arguing it with him he knows what he likes and doesn't.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    They were the first metal band I got into
    Slipknot =/= metal. Don't even start.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    And that of a peron who lives one life are large? Nobody is going to remember you existed after a million years. I think I can name one ancestor from just over 200 years ago.
    image Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Slipknot is metal. Just not good metal.
    I love winning with women
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I disagree
    edited September 2010
    I don't consider it justifiable, but I'll defend my position that things with meaning are not always a justifiable tattoo. For instance, I'm sure you treasure your childhood, and your parents. What's to stop you from getting their names and birthdates tattooed on your arm?
    I know you won't change you're opinion on tattoos so i won't try to change it. I know lots of people get them because it's cool or a fad. Some people get them because it's symbolic which is why i'd get one. While you may not think it's justifiable just think why not get a tattoo. You have one life, you might as well live it the way you want it. In which case some people want to get tattoos.
    I'm not advocating some sort of law banning tattoos or anything, but I just want to make sure people really think about what they're doing. I'd say everyone here who is planning on getting a tattoo will likely regret it during their life. You guys are confident you won't, so it's not my place to say you can't get one. It's not like I have a moral opposition to tattoos, but I think in the long term, it's not a smart decision.
    You speak as though you want it banned though. The regret card is hardly an excuse. If they are regretting it because of the way it looks when they are older then it shouldn't matter. People who get tattoos are generally people who really don't care about the negative opinion of others, much like people who listen to metal and wear graphic t-shirts. They wouldn't regret it because of the message it has. If you're getting a tattoo, you are most likely going through a great deal of reasoning to get it so it is unlikely that your opinion on the matter would change unless it is in the case of a relationship that went awry.
    edited September 2010
    Fuck my image fails, nevermind.
    You speak as though you want it banned though. The regret card is hardly an excuse. If they are regretting it because of the way it looks when they are older then it shouldn't matter. People who get tattoos are generally people who really don't care about the negative opinion of others, much like people who listen to metal and wear graphic t-shirts. They wouldn't regret it because of the message it has. If you're getting a tattoo, you are most likely going through a great deal of reasoning to get it so it is unlikely that your opinion on the matter would change unless it is in the case of a relationship that went awry.
    I'm doing my best to talk about it as stupid, not morally wrong.

Also, it's pretty difficult to put people who get tattoos into a box, because there's no demographic that gets them too much more than any other. I feel as though getting a tattoo will be regretted mainly because of expiration of meaning, not the way it looks physically. I mean, can you see a 75 year old man saying "yeah, this Slipknot tattoo was a great decision?"
    I'm doing my best to talk about it as stupid, not morally wrong.

Also, it's pretty difficult to put people who get tattoos into a box, because there's no demographic that gets them too much more than any other. I feel as though getting a tattoo will be regretted mainly because of expiration of meaning, not the way it looks physically. I mean, can you see a 75 year old man saying "yeah, this Slipknot tattoo was a great decision?"

I don't see why not. Are you insinuating that you won't like Iron Maiden when you're 75? People don't change opinions on things easily (take your opinion on tattoos for instance). If they like the band so much that they'd get a tattoo about then it shouldn't be considered stupid. If they begin to dislike the band then it's more of a reminder of the good ol' days or how it got them through hard times.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    If it was a big part of his life then yes same goes for any tattoo.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    if 30 years i wont look at my tattoo and be like damn i regret that shit, i'll be like those were some good times and reminisce about my time in the service
    I don't see why not. Are you insinuating that you won't like Iron Maiden when you're 75? People don't change opinions on things easily (take your opinion on tattoos for instance). If they like the band so much that they'd get a tattoo about then it shouldn't be considered stupid. If they begin to dislike the band then it's more of a reminder of the good ol' days or how it got them through hard times.
    Yes. I am insinuating that there is a possibility I won't like Iron Maiden when I'm 75. I don't know how likely it is, but I acknowledge that there is a possibility I have a falling out with Iron Maiden's music, and therefore refuse to get a tattoo. I also think that if I got one, I got it to signify my love for the band, not to commemorate a time in my life, and I think it's just looking for consolation to say that it's still okay if you don't like the band anymore.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    This is still going on?

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Fuck my image fails, nevermind.
    What was it....?
    Slipknot is metal. Just not good metal.
    Nu-metal isn't actual metal.... <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage