Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Five Albums That Changed Your Life

Comments

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited May 2010
    i assumed we weren't talking about "changing our lives" in the aspect that we may have converted religions or changed an outlook we had on life.

but just musically speaking... they changed our life

FIXED**
    Post edited by Stratophony on
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Either one works.

While none of these made me go "tomorrow I'm going to wake up and do __________" though.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    5. God Dethroned - Passiondale - introduced me to my now 2nd fav band and blackened death in general

3/4. Korn - issues and Rob zombie - Hell Billy deluxe- for a very long time i fell out of music completely and these albums ( back in 99 remember) got me back into metal

2. Amon Amarth - Twilight of the thunder god - Introduced me to my now favorite band and started my whole melodeath kick

1. White Zombie - La sexicristo Devil Music: volume 1- First metal album i ever owned and changed my life forever
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    1. Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated - First Death Metal album I ever heard. Got me into death metal when I was a little pansy 13 year old.

2. Samael - Ceremony of Opposites - The greatest Black Metal album I've ever heard. also the album that made Samael my favorite Black metal band. The lyrics are simply beautiful. Vorph should simply write his own bible if you ask me =D

3. Dying Fetus - Grotesque Impalement EP - The greatest Death metal Ep of all time IMO. It's what made Dying Fetus my favorite Death Metal band.

4. Misfits - Static Age - The album that got me into punk and hardcore

5. Slayer - Reign in Blood - First taste of true brutal music I ever heard and what got me big into thrash.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Actually the first album i ever bought on my own (on cassette tape) was Ace of Base "the Sign" I was 7.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2010
    "i really don't have any cds that changed my life."

I agrees
    imageimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Once again, lies.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    None of them changed my life. I'm sure if any did I would recall the band/album name
    imageimage
    edited May 2010
    This was only five...I could do quite a few more.

"None of them changed my life. I'm sure if any did I would recall the band/album name "

Refer to me and Strat defining "changed your life."
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    You don't just hop out of the womb with the taste in music you have now though. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    looks like we have a LIAR DECIEVER!
    imageimage
    I have multiple tastes but no albums were life changing. For the longest time I went with radio. So 90's pop/grunge/80's pop/rock/hair metal is what started me. Then I seen Marilyn Manson's Dope Show video which sorta started me in the metal direction. Then I started listening to Blink-182, New Found Glory, Thrice, ect with Eiffel 65 and other shit thrown in. Then Kittie, Limp Bizkit, Korn, ect came in. Then Meshuggah, ect. Not one album changed my life to this day. I do remember the first album I got was Aqua - Aquarium.

Not much for anything life changing if you ask me <_>
    imageimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Standing by my window, breathing summer breeze

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I just chose ones that impacted my music. If I hadn't listened to Avenged Sevenfold, I wouldn't have found out that they had older stuff that wasn't on the radio...I wouldn't have known about this entire world of music...well until a couple years later at least, I'm sure I would have eventually.

Hell I could say that the entire discography of all the first Mayhem bands changed my life because without that, we wouldn't be on this forum. BOOM. OVERTHINKING AT ITS BEST
    image Photobucket
  • Deificus254Deificus254 Posts: 540 juggalo
    ""i really don't have any cds that changed my life."

Lies."

"i assumed we weren't talking about "changing our lives" in the aspect that we may have converted religions or changed an outlook we had on life.

but just musically speaking... they changed our life"

Jacob it is true, no album has changed my life. However, in the context Strat has put it in I can give five.

5. Will Smith - Big Willie Style : The first album I ever owned, it got me into rap (sadly) at a young age and for a while it is all I listened to.

4. Breaking Benjamin - Saturate/Alice in Chains - Dirt : These albums got me down the road towards metal and my liking of four, or more, piece bands. As well as moved me away from rap.

3. Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side : This album got me into all aspects of Death, Black and Folk Metal.

2. Basshunter - LOL <(^^,)>/Daft Punk - Discovery - These albums got me into techno and electronic, which I absolutely love and listen to on a daily basis.

1. The White Stripes - Elephant/Electric Six - Fire : These albums got me into alternative/indie and besides them, have introduced me to some of my favorite bands like The Strokes, The Shins, Postal Service, The Sounds and Band of Horses.

I am extremely diverse in my music tastes. The only thing I don't listen to is rap and country. Everything else from Jazz to Classical to Opera I listen to. All of these albums helped mold my musical tastes into the plethora of knowledge I know and love about music.
    "Daft Punk - Discovery"

You and I are now best friends.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    The Sounds I heart you
  • Deificus254Deificus254 Posts: 540 juggalo
    I thought we were best friends Wine?! *gasps* I've been led on.....

Teh Sounds are teh shit.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    #1 More than any other album EVER - Black Sabbath Paranoid
    #2 Blizzard of Ozz
    #3 Ride the Lightning
    #4 Vulger Display Of Power
    still waiting for #5
    Pass the god damn butter.