Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Its getting a sequel and a TV show. I kind of wish it was just its own thing as a one-off weird take on the Turtles. But idk... 
    At least its better than Rise. 

TMNT is in a weird place overall right now. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Splinter was in fact gay though... just not homosexual
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Just not homosexual
    But boundingintocomics.com said so
    Just not homosexual
    But boundingintocomics.com said so
    Yea because the character was advertised as male, and has been male in every other version of TMNT. 
    It's almost as if people should shut the fuck up and watch the movie first and it will explain it
    Irate for no reason
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Saw Barbie and Oppenheimer a couple nights ago. Both were awesome.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Just walking out of Turtles. Shit was fucking fire. Might be my favorite theatrical turtles movie. Loved Donatello’s characterization, quite a few good laughs, the animation is stellar and this might be the most useful Splinter has ever been on screen movie wise. Love love loved it
    Dime2 said:
    I’ve been hearing the exact opposite. Everyone I know who’s seen it loved it 
    I hear nothing but bad things about the interpretation of the Turtles, like Donnie has dreams of being a kpop star, and they act super Tik-tok zoomer, Splinter apparently is gay and in a relationship with an ugly mutant bug, April looks like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, the voices all sound like they're 5 years old, plus I hate Seth Rogan

I'll still check it out. Hopefully it IS good. But it just looks awful. 
     Lmfao literally every single thing here was wrong 
    Definitely wasn’t a dude and he’s not gay =))
    Scumbug is a dude. Everyone is saying he makes out with Scumbug and professes his love for him at the end. That's what I'm referring to. If that's not in the movie, all the better. 

“SHE and I have a lot in common. I think I’m falling in love with HER.”-Splinter 
    edited August 2023
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    I hear nothing but bad things about the interpretation of the Turtles, like Donnie has dreams of being a kpop star, and they act super Tik-tok zoomer, Splinter apparently is gay and in a relationship with an ugly mutant bug, April looks like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, the voices all sound like they're 5 years old, plus I hate Seth Rogan

nah, April still looked like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (tbf EVERYBODY was ugly and deformed in this movie though. Like the "Ren and Stimpy of TMNT"), and Donnie was a kpop nerd. It was good, but it was far from perfect. Nowhere near the 90s film, 2007 film, 2003 cartoon, 2012 cartoon, Mirage or IDW comics

Better than Rise, Bay's films, and Next Mutation for sure though
    Dime2 said:
    Definitely wasn’t a dude and he’s not gay =))
    Scumbug is a dude. Everyone is saying he makes out with Scumbug and professes his love for him at the end. That's what I'm referring to. If that's not in the movie, all the better. 

“SHE and I have a lot in common. I think I’m falling in love with HER.”-Splinter 
    Trans
    1990 and 2007 fucking suck 
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:

nah, April still looked like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (tbf EVERYBODY was ugly and deformed in this movie though. Like the "Ren and Stimpy of TMNT"), and Donnie was a kpop nerd. It was good, but it was far from perfect. Nowhere near the 90s film, 2007 film, 2003 cartoon, 2012 cartoon, Mirage or IDW comics

Better than Rise, Bay's films, and Next Mutation for sure though
     There is literally one kpop reference from Donatello the entire film =\= kpop nerd
    If you have awful taste
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    The Bay movies are the best things ever made in the entire history of the TMNT franchise. 💯💯
    The Bay movies are the best things ever made in the entire history of the TMNT franchise. 💯💯
    If you have awful taste

edited August 2023
    Saw Gran Turismo tonight. Great fucking movie, one of the best I’ve seen in a minute. I thought it was gonna play off a lot of sports movie cliches (in fairness the film does do this a couple of times) but for the most part not only did it do a really good job of telling the irl moments without hamming it up but the film does a really good job of dealing with the heavier moments with the proper scale. Never did it feel to melodramatic or cheesy and the actors are fantastic in this. Really really fun ride from start to end. If we do count this as a video game movie this is definitely the best one so far