Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    LMAO HBO REMOVED THE HARRY POTTER MOVIES... THE MONTH HOGWARTS WAS RELEASED AND INTEREST IS AT A HIGH
    I swear these companies are run by absolute imbeciles. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Apparently they sold the streaming rights to NBC years back and trade back and forth every few years. It just got moved to Peacock. So not intentional but damn thats poor timing 
    Apparently they sold the streaming rights to NBC years back and trade back and forth every few years. It just got moved to Peacock. So not intentional but damn thats poor timing 
    Ahhh. Did not know that. I was under the impression Warner still owned it solely. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Why make a better ui when they van just block password sharing lmao
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Havent seen the Northman, but that sums up A24 to a T
    I don’t think The Northman is A24, but yea A24 is hit and miss for me and they get needlessly sucked off. Especially on pieces of shit like Midsommar and Uncut Gems. Both were pointless meaningless garbage that dragged on endlessly but people were calling Uncut Gems movie of the year that year and I’ve seen people call Midsommar the best Horror movie of all time lmaoooo.
    I don’t think The Northman is A24, but yea A24 is hit and miss for me and they get needlessly sucked off. Especially on pieces of shit like Midsommar and Uncut Gems. Both were pointless meaningless garbage that dragged on endlessly but people were calling Uncut Gems movie of the year that year and I’ve seen people call Midsommar the best Horror movie of all time lmaoooo.
    I meant moreso "It’s like the more mindnumbingly boring something is, the more critics and snobs will suck it’s cock."

Like Hereditary. Everyone was like "its so good/so scary/best horror movie ever", and I FUCKING HATED IT. I literally fell asleep watching it. 
    edited February 2023
    "Elevated horror" in general fucking sucks. I hated The Babadook too. I dont give a fuck about your "the real horror is inside us" slow burn, mental health bullshit. Its boring as all hell, and the characters are unlikeable. Pretentious movies for pretentious people. 

Give me gore and tits, Im simple minded.
    I meant moreso "It’s like the more mindnumbingly boring something is, the more critics and snobs will suck it’s cock."

Like Hereditary. Everyone was like "its so good/so scary/best horror movie ever", and I FUCKING HATED IT. I literally fell asleep watching it. 
    Ah yea, Hereditary I didn’t hate, but that was yet another A24 movie that I found painfully average. I kept hearing how it was “The scariest movie in YEARS.” and how good it was, yet it was jus another run of the mill, jump scare riddled paranormal possession type Horror movie. By the end I was jus like “….That’s it? What was so different about it?” It was getting pre-sucked off beforehand jus cause A24 was involved. It’s most standout scene is the retard girl getting decapitated but that comes and goes in like the first 5 minutes and then the entire rest of the movie is jus REGULAR. As fuck.
    edited March 2023
    Not feeling the new TMNT trailer. The animation is cool and unique. But I dont like making them kids, instead of older teens. They also made April fat and stubby. The humor is really bad. I know this is intended to be a "kids movie", but TMNT can be so much more. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Idk looks cute lol
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Uncut gems wasn’t movie of the year but without even watching them I can guarantee it was better than all birdemic and sharknado movies combined. 
    Also, Everything everywhere? That was a great movie. 
    Uncut Gems sucked barring the last maybe 20 minutes. To its credit though, I did not see that ending coming 
    I did. Some dude posted the ending on fb on like Jan 4th and it came out like December 29th or something and they guy had the audacity to hit me with “it came out last year” went back and it was deleted. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah I'm glad Everything Everywhere All At Once won best picture. Banshees was good but it didn't touch In Bruges for me
    Haven’t seen Everything Everywhere All At Once but all my friends say it’s right up my alley 
    My personal movie of the year was Avatar Way Of The Water but yea Everything Everywhere All At Once was excellent, wasn’t mad at the MOTY award at all. 💯💯
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Idgaf about the Oscars but the dad winning best supporting actor after being out of show business for 20 years was cool to see
    John Wick 4 lit

There's a Hotline Miami homage
    Can’t wait to go see that. Legit some of the best action movies ever made