Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I...kinda liked It Follows. I thought it had good scenes, but was disjointed and hard to (ahem) follow sometimes. I hated the end of Babadook. It was serviceable until the end and that just ruined everything. I loved The Witch though. That shit was awesome.

Have any of you seen Eyes of My Mother, Kill List or The Void? Those were some of my fave horrors recently. I liked Train to Buscan too, but that was almost more of an Aliens type movie than a horror
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2018
    ... said:
    Dime said:
    I'm glad it's better than It Follows. That movie fucking sucked.
    Curious as to what you disliked about it. I loved the symbolism. 
     Idk, the movie was basically about a haunted STD, nothing in it legitimately scared me, it had trouble following it's own rules half the time  when it even bothered to establish them and the end was kind of disappointing. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    VERTIGO said:
    I...kinda liked It Follows. I thought it had good scenes, but was disjointed and hard to (ahem) follow sometimes. I hated the end of Babadook. It was serviceable until the end and that just ruined everything. I loved The Witch though. That shit was awesome.

Have any of you seen Eyes of My Mother, Kill List or The Void? Those were some of my fave horrors recently. I liked Train to Buscan too, but that was almost more of an Aliens type movie than a horror
    The Void is the best modern horror movie imo. Shit was great. Also really liked Green Room 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I liked It Follows and The Babadook. Haven't seen The Witch yet but I heard it's good.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Dime said:
    ... said:
    Dime said:
     Idk, the movie was basically about a haunted STD, nothing in it legitimately scared me, it had trouble following it's own rules half the time  when it even bothered to establish them and the end was kind of disappointing. 
    I feel like you missed the entire point of the film lol
    inb4lists
    VERTIGO said:

The Void was great, but its mostly just an homage to Hellraiser. Which is fine. The Ritual was kinda corny, but enjoyable. Films like The Witch are great to me for their capability to slowly and consistently build tension without any jump scares, there's just a sense of dread layering the entire film. Hereditary is fairly similar in that sense.

Have you seen A Cure For Wellness, or Mother? 
    inb4lists
    I know the guy that directed The Ritual. I DD'd for him on his birthday a few years ago. 

I haven't seen Mother yet, but it's at the top of my list.

I hated A Cure for Wellness. It was such a mess. 
    First half of ACFW was good imo, second half ruined it. Mother was great. 
    inb4lists
    It was almost like they had a script for ACFW and somewhere in the middle they said "Fuck that script" and kinda went rogue. Then dumped all the raw footage on a hapless editor and told them to figure it out. Dane Dehaan can't buy a break
    ... said:
    Dime said:
    ... said:
    Dime said:
    I feel like you missed the entire point of the film lol
     Explain what I missed then.
    About to board a flight. Ill explain more in a bit. But its a very symbolic film, and vague for a reason. 
    inb4lists
    ... said:
    About to board a flight. Ill explain more in a bit. But its a very symbolic film, and vague for a reason. 
    Tell me again how it isnt pretentious art crap
    I just didn't enjoy the movie. I got all the messages and shit they were going for but I felt it was conveyed poorly and inconsistently. It got ridiculous after like the first 20 minutes
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Ive heard The Witch was awful. I hated The Babdook. Havent seen It Follows. Im usually not into pretensious art horror. But Hereditary seems interesting. 
    It just seems like no matter what's being discussed, if something isn't straight blood and guts it's pretentious to you.
    I mean... kinda
    When you're that deeply biased it sort of nullifies your pov in casual discussions
    ... said:
    Riiighhttttt
    ... said:
    Give me a good example within horror films that draws the line between the pretentious artsy stuff, and the primitive gorefest/b-horror.
    inb4lists
    ... said:
    ... said:
    Give me a good example within horror films that draws the line between the pretentious artsy stuff, and the primitive gorefest/b-horror.
    Green Room. 
    You're not being serious are you lol
    inb4lists
    100%