Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    I wonder what remake will have a feminine empowering all-female replacement cast next???

I'm gonna say Lethal Weapon
    Think more geekdom, thats where the Tumblrfag crossover exists. Oceans 8 is an out there decision, but Ghostbusters was all but expected. 

And Star Wars is essentially there, they're just not remakes. 

Im gonna go with something like Back To The Future
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Sausage Party was fucking genius. 
    inb4lists
    I have no hype for the new StarWars.... TFA left a bad taste in my mouth, and now they need to win me back.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I've been floating away ever since Phantom Manace came out. At this point, new Star Wars is like a new Metallica or Eminem record: People will prolly jizz about it, but it's prolly only a shadow of what it used to be
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Mcfucking Star Wars :))
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited August 2016
    SATAN said:
    I've been floating away ever since Phantom Manace came out. At this point, new Star Wars is like a new Metallica or Eminem record: People will prolly jizz about it, but it's prolly only a shadow of what it used to be
    I dont hate the prequel trilogies like most people do. They definitely are nowhere near the greatness that the original trilogy is. But I enjoy them for what they are. They have their moments, and at the very least they were their own unique thing that tied into the original trilogy by the end. 

The new one just lacked to me. I liked Finn as a character, and I liked that it was practical effects. But I HATED Rey. I felt like they neutered Han. Kylo Ren started off cool, but by the end they made him a bitch. The story was half reused plot from A New Hope, and half deus-ex machine bullshit where things just happened because reasons. 

It just rode off nostalgia. 

Not to mention the justicefag shit permeating throughout the whole movie. 

Its obvious they're doing something similar with Rogue One. 

Overall I'd say Episode 7 is better than Episode 2. But I think I like Episode 1 and 3 more than 7, definitely 3 more.

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    I hated the prequels and found TFA to be decent. But i agree about the quality. The sad thing is we're getting a movie every 18 months for the foreseeable future. That SHOULD be awesome, but its just gonna dilute Star Wars into a 15 movie series with only 3 amazing movies instead of this special thing it was for a lot of us. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't really have hype for Rogue One at all. I just hate that Disney bought it. The company that's known for milking things until no one cares and reduces it to another generic series instead of a unique event owns my favorite movie series and it's goddamn disappointing even though I liked TFA
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    SATAN said:
    I dont hate the prequel trilogies like most people do. They definitely are nowhere near the greatness that the original trilogy is. But I enjoy them for what they are. They have their moments, and at the very least they were their own unique thing that tied into the original trilogy by the end. 

The new one just lacked to me. I liked Finn as a character, and I liked that it was practical effects. But I HATED Rey. I felt like they neutered Han. Kylo Ren started off cool, but by the end they made him a bitch. The story was half reused plot from A New Hope, and half deus-ex machine bullshit where things just happened because reasons. 

Overall I'd say Episode 7 is better than Episode 2. But I think I like Episode 1 and 3 more than 7, definitely 3 more.

What was wrong with rey? She was way more likeable than finn
    edited August 2016
    Xenocide said:
    SATAN said:

What was wrong with rey? She was way more likeable than finn
    I liked Finn more. I thought it was a little weird that Finn could just flip sides as quick as he did and leave the brothers that he trained and ate and slept next too and just start killing them though. But at least his character had progression, and humor. He helped show a human side to the Storm Troopers, and helped give the Storm Troopers as a whole more depth than just faceless cannon fodder. Especially when you see how the "anti-traitor" trooper was angry with him. He gave them emotion. 

Rey was just a weak character and they made her inhumanly perfect. She's been an orphan on a desert planet her whole life, and yet she miraculously can fend off a legion of Stormtroopers (as the movie points out without needing Finn's help, by the constant "stop holding my hand" dialogue - gotta explicitly state shes a strong independent woman who dont need no man), fly the Millennium Falcon BETTER THAN FUCKING HAN CAN (and the movie even makes a point in showing that Rey understand's Han's own ship better than he does - which she just found), and then upon days after learning she has the ability to even use the force inherits Luke's lightsaber and is able to jedi mind trick a sith (or dark jedi or whatever Kylo Ren is) WHO WAS TRAINED BY LUKE FUCKING SKYWALKER HIS WHOLE LIFE (and is a Skywalker descendant himself), and go toe-to-toe with him in saber combat. It was retarded. 

Luke would have been toast in A New Hope if it weren't for Obi-Wan, Han, and Chewie. Luke LOSES to Vader in The Empire Strikes Back - and this is after further training with Yoda. It isn't until much later in the timeline, with even more training, that he's able to hold his own against Vader in Return Of The Jedi, and even then he loses to Darth Sidious and needs Vader's help to finish off the Empire. 

Even with Anakin we see a flawed character who requires the help of his mentors like Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Windu, and Palpatine to get where he ultimately ends up. 

But Rey is just perfect right out the gate. 
    Watched The Babadook on netflix. Really interesting horror movie. I thought it was gonna be a generic possesion film but it wasnt. 
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I could only watch that once. Both characters made me want to beat them with baseball bats
    imageimage
    The kid is annoying until you realize what is actually going on. And i thought the mom was a great actress
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I thought the end was a cop out though. They should've went ahead and let it happen
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Went and saw Sausage Party and it was decent. It's one of those movies I think would be better at home insanely high.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Me and my group are planning to get drunk/high and go see it lol 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    So like every other movie? 
    SATAN said:
    I thought the end was a cop out though. They should've went ahead and let it happen
    I mean, the whole movie is a metaphor for grief. Kind of a morbid to let it happen at the end dont you think? Although i would say the ending was kind of abrupt.
    I completely forgot about that movie. Wanted to check it out