Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    If you're not watching a movie stoned you're missing out. 
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    dranyam said:
    If you're not watching a movie stoned you're missing out. 
    False
    inb4lists
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited August 2016
    LEGEND said:
    SATAN said:
    I thought the end was a cop out though. They should've went ahead and let it happen
    I mean, the whole movie is a metaphor for grief. Kind of a morbid to let it happen at the end dont you think? Although i would say the ending was kind of abrupt.
    Spoiler alert 

Having the creature just in the basement eating worms at the end was one of the worst letdowns this side of 'It'. She should have killed the boy. They call them horror movies because horrible things happen. Just screaming a lot at something then feeding it some worms makes for a fairly lame antagonist afaic. Babadook should've been waiting for her to kill him and then took her into its realm to become one with it or something else fucked up like that. Would've taken the movie from a 6 to a 10

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited August 2016
    SPOILERS

I look at it less as a horror movie and more of a thriller about mental illness and trauma. I mean, the thing wasnt real. If you notice at the niece's party the mom says she was a children's book writer. Then when she goes to the police station after the book shows up with new pages in it, she has art charcoal all over her hands. Sure they could've killed the kid. But i like what they did. You gotta feed your grief a little or else it'll control you.

/spoilers
    Anyone seen The Witch yet?
    SATAN said:
    Anyone seen The Witch yet?
    Just finished it a little bit ago, actually. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than i thought i would. I would not call it a "horror" film, though. More of a very dark drama. 
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I havent seen it yet but i feel like its this years "It Follows"

The internet overhypes it and then i finally see it and its meh
    I hated It Follows initially, gave it a second watch and i enjoyed it. Tbh i didn't completely understand what was happening the first time around, though. 

I also saw a pre-screening for the movie 'Don't Breathe' a little bit ago. It was a solid modern day suspense film. More of a thriller with a couple "horror" ish elements, though. The twist isn't completely unheard of, but it's not the same cliche bs that horror films have been pushing out the last few years. 
    inb4lists
    I still haven't seen It Follows. The Witch was aight. It's fueled some good debate with my friends
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Went to Sausage Party last night. Smoked for the first time in a couple months and got retardedly high. Glad I did because that movie would have been about a quarter as enjoyable. I don't know why I expected anything more than dick jokes and cussing lol laughed my ass off but it sounds like some middle school kids wrote it. No way that movie gets made without established names like Seth and Evan. 
    image Photobucket
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Yea Im not a Rogan fan. Nor a fan of that group in general.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    If I had to put together a list of actors I'd hang out with he would probably be on the list. He's not a great actor or anything but at least he doesn't seem like a delusional psychopath.
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Tbh I loved Sausage Party. It's Team America-esque in that it has some funny commentary while basically being dick jokes and sex jokes the whole time.
    Will watch stoned 
    Wine said:
    Tbh I loved Sausage Party. It's Team America-esque in that it has some funny commentary while basically being dick jokes and sex jokes the whole time.
    I liked how the movie's purpose was to low-key make fun of organized religion. The jew jokes got a little dumb, tho. 
    inb4lists
    That was in no way low key. That was like the entire plot of the movie lol I enjoyed the movie and laughed my ass off a couple times. I only watched one trailer a couple months ago so I think that might be why I was surprised just how dick centered all of the jokes were. The entire douche story could have been scrapped though. Didn't laugh once for it. 
    image Photobucket
    edited August 2016
    Tiny spoiler from maybe my favorite quote 

Hearing Michael Cera go "easy man, easy. You're not tweaking, you're peaking. It's okay every waves gotta crash man" made me lose it completely. 

Post edited by Gazorpazorpfield on
    image Photobucket
    Michael Cera is annoying as fuck, but he always has one or two lines that makes you shit yourself. I died laughing at This Is The End when he asked the girl he's fucking if she wants some of his juice box. 

I do agree that the Douche character was kinda eh, but for what it was, i thought Nick Kroll did a good job doing the voice. I think Bill Hader was my favor part, though. 
    inb4lists
    I also really dislike Nick Kroll for some reason outside of The League. That and he did voice a hilarious Andy Dick in American Dad one time.
    image Photobucket