Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

An epic Win for Athiests (prayer day is unconstitutional)

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I think me an Nola worked through it pretty easily lol
    image Photobucket
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    edited September 2010
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited September 2010

well when people like shane disrespect religion and u ppl laugh about christianty and jesus dieing on a cross then i have a problem with you no matter what u believe, usually those people are atheists
    Religion has been the single most destructive force in the history of history, Tens if not hundreds of Millions have been tortured, enslaved, Slain And Oppressed in the Name of God.
    well jesus only preached love and died for you, so you basically mocking him makes you an asshole. just like if you mock the holocaust, complete disrespect if u ask me
    you completely dodged that entire statement seeing as i did not i bring up Christianity at all. i dislike all religion equally, christians just tend to be the most idiotic with the thing they say and do in regard to their religion. A perfect example is the "Christ Died for our prices" post a lil ways up. how does Jesus dying for my sins make up for the countless atrocities committed in his name.
    REAL christians love, forgive, help people, and try to be respectful. I try my best but I obv am not perfect. Jesus died for that imperfection as he too was man and was imperfect. So what exactly was jesus supposed to preach? nothing cuz people will misinterpret it?
    i get what your saying, but the thing is i look at big picture when i comes to religion. sure a church in backwater iowa might have raised enough money for lil johnny to get chemo and see his adulthood. things like that are great and i'm not knocking the sometimes great things that come from the bond between people who have faith. Its really great that people come together like that. BUT... looking at it that way is deceiving to the reality. Religion - as a whole - has done WAY more harm than good. thats my way of looking at it
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    REAL christians love, forgive, help people, and try to be respectful. I try my best but I obv am not perfect. Jesus died for that imperfection as he too was man and was imperfect. So what exactly was jesus supposed to preach? nothing cuz people will misinterpret it?
    I'm gonna just stay out of this one, but all Christians believe that Jesus was not just a man, he was the son of God and infallible. He was not imperfect. Although, Jesus says a few times that he has sinned, therefore meaning he isn't sinless, which modern Christianity likes to promote.

Before I leave this thread, I ask you believers one question. What is God? I'm not talking about things like "perfect being," etc, because that's just telling me that he has no flaw, but it doesn't tell me what he is. Unless you consider "being," to be a sufficient answer, then go on believing in something that you don't understand. You must be able to tell me coherently what God is before any discussion to whether God exists is valid.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

well when people like shane disrespect religion and u ppl laugh about christianty and jesus dieing on a cross then i have a problem with you no matter what u believe, usually those people are atheists
    Religion has been the single most destructive force in the history of history, Tens if not hundreds of Millions have been tortured, enslaved, Slain And Oppressed in the Name of God.
    well jesus only preached love and died for you, so you basically mocking him makes you an asshole. just like if you mock the holocaust, complete disrespect if u ask me
    you completely dodged that entire statement seeing as i did not i bring up Christianity at all. i dislike all religion equally, christians just tend to be the most idiotic with the thing they say and do in regard to their religion. A perfect example is the "Christ Died for our prices" post a lil ways up. how does Jesus dying for my sins make up for the countless atrocities committed in his name.
    i get what your saying, but the thing is i look at big picture when i comes to religion. sure a church in backwater iowa might have raised enough money for lil johnny to get chemo and see his adulthood. things like that are great and i'm not knocking the sometimes great things that come from the bond between people who have faith. Its really great that people come together like that. BUT... looking at it that way is deceiving to the reality as a whole. Religion - as a whole - has done WAY mor harm than good. thats my way of lookign at it

I agree that it causes more damage than good sadly but I cant help that people are not very bright and cant understand what something means. I mean if all a guy does is preach love and everyone who believes in him hates in result of it then what the hell can you do. like nick cave said people just aint no good lol. and just lay off jesus jokes okay, he is an innocent victim. you wouldnt make fun of martin luther king getting shot to death would you? id hope not
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I successfully created an e-fight..... =D
    Not hard to do my friend. Watch...

Erik was right you all are stupid cunts!!
    HEY FUCK SHUT THE FUCKING FUCK MOTHER FUCKER UP CUNT BITCH ASS FUCK SHITFUCK SUCKING FUCKING FUCKER!
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Rut roh Raggy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • zuke2323zuke2323 Posts: 263 juggalo

I'm gonna just stay out of this one, but all Christians believe that Jesus was not just a man, he was the son of God and infallible. He was not imperfect. Although, Jesus says a few times that he has sinned, therefore meaning he isn't sinless, which modern Christianity likes to promote.

Before I leave this thread, I ask you believers one question. What is God? I'm not talking about things like "perfect being," etc, because that's just telling me that he has no flaw, but it doesn't tell me what he is. Unless you consider "being," to be a sufficient answer, then go on believing in something that you don't understand. You must be able to tell me coherently what God is before any discussion to whether God exists is valid.
    You sir, you win the prize.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I didn't read all of this thread.

I've said it before I'll say it again. I do not like organized religion it causes more bad than good. I have no problem in people believing what they want but do it on your own.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer

I've said it before I'll say it again.
    IF YOU THINK YOURE ALIVE, THEN YOURE BETTER OF DEAD!
    imageimage
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i have a question for the christians,
    what happened to people when they died before jesus came along and saved them so that they would go to "heaven" were they just somewhere in limbo and in that case was there no "hell" before jesus came along.
    edited September 2010
    well depending on how you interpret the bible jesus may have never said anything about hell to begin with and i personally dont believe in a hell, though most christians do.... some say hell was kind of invented over the years to keep people scared. To answer the first part of your question though the answer is we dont know that answer lol. All someone could say they knew is that after jesus died you as a sinner can be saved if you admit your sins and accept jesus. thats as much as i can help you...
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    well depending on how you interpret the bible jesus may have never said anything about hell to begin with and i personally dont believe in a hell, though most christians do.... some say hell was kind of invented over the years to keep people scared. To answer the first part of your question though the answer is we dont know that answer lol. All someone could say they knew is that after jesus died you as a sinner can be saved if you admit your sins and accept jesus. thats as much as i can help you...
    Dude, Jesus talked about hell a lot. It was heaven he hardly talked about.
    I had a really good link that i dont have anymore explaining it very well that he never talked about hell, it shows that it was more of a translation error and that the church went with it as a scare tactic. Now this is not the belief of most christians but i thought it was pretty interesting and seemed to be plausible. I can try and find it but it was a long time ago...
    you look in your bible right now and you will never see the word hell
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    its only been edited and rewritten hundreds of times, so who knows what the original said
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    Just because he doesn't say the exact word "hell," he references something like "a lake of fire and brimstone" or something like that awaiting sinners after they die.
    well i might actually reread the red passages in the bible tonight and reclarify it cuz it has been a while since i read it, then i will make a better judgement call
    Just because he doesn't say the exact word "hell," he references something like "a lake of fire and brimstone" or something like that awaiting sinners after they die.
    so then where did the word hell come from? I just feel it as being translated incorrectly over many decades and i will try to look into it more