Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

An epic Win for Athiests (prayer day is unconstitutional)

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Nola, you Christian or do you just study the religion?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I dont study religion but like alot of people im interested in it and how it is misinterpreted in many ways. I consider myself a christian but I dont share all the views of the 'normal' everyday christian
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Revelation is where you'll see all that hell stuff, bro.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    i have a question for the christians,
    what happened to people when they died before jesus came along and saved them so that they would go to "heaven" were they just somewhere in limbo and in that case was there no "hell" before jesus came along.
    actually youre exactly right. the Christian belief (as far as i know from reading Dante's Divine Comedy) is that there is a "Limbo" outside of hell where those who were died before christ exist. they chase a blank banner for endless time as punishment for following false Gods.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    what happened to people when they died before jesus came along and saved them so that they would go to "heaven" were they just somewhere in limbo and in that case was there no "hell" before jesus came along.
    actually youre exactly right. the Christian belief (as far as i know from reading Dante's Divine Comedy) is that there is a "Limbo" outside of hell where those who were died before christ exist. they chase a blank banner for endless time as punishment for following false Gods.
    Dude, Dante made that pretty much completely up. it's essentially fantasy loosely based on religion. I've read it lol
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I've played the game Limbo. Just saying...

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I've played the game Limbo. Just saying...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-0w8I-oAc
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Dude, Dante made that pretty much completely up. it's essentially fantasy loosely based on religion. I've read it lol
    thats not true. while he did make most of the story line up. it is considered the greatest work of literature because it is an allegory to the views of religion and politics of his time.

you read it. i did a 28 page report on it.
    Catholics believe in a place called Purgatory...kinda like a waiting room...i think it's for those who aren't good enough to get into heaven but not so bad to go to hell...not sure if that's right though...i think it's wrong
    I, however, do not believe in Purgatory
    thats not true. while he did make most of the story line up. it is considered the greatest work of literature because it is an allegory to the views of religion and politics of his time.

annnnnd owned
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers

1 upped.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page

That whole section was made up, it isn't in the Bible. The Old Testament does not refer to what happened of foreign cultures because the Jews did not know them really. It mentions a coming prophet, but not what happens to everyone until he gets there. You may know your Dante, but Christianity is the faith of the Bible, not the Divine Comedy.
    edited September 2010
    Religious belief goes beyond what the Bible says.

for Catholics and many other sects of Christianity the Pope is the soul authority on religious matters NOT the bible. especially in that time. the bible may not say anything about it but when Christianity was first on the rise many historians and christian philosophers had the burden of explaining to the "pagans" what happened to those who died before Christ.
    edited September 2010
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited September 2010

That whole section was made up, it isn't in the Bible. The Old Testament does not refer to what happened of foreign cultures because the Jews did not know them really. It mentions a coming prophet, but not what happens to everyone until he gets there. You may know your Dante, but Christianity is the faith of the Bible, not the Divine Comedy.
    sorry julian but jorm is pretty spot on here, obv that 28 pg report didnt do its job.....
    edited September 2010
    no he is not, just no.

please refer to my previous statement.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Limbo(and/or "Purgatory") existed in Ancient Egyptian religion.... not Christianity.

Divine Comedy > any bible ever written
    I'm pretty sure Catholics believe in purgatory.
    Limbo(and/or "Purgatory") existed in Ancient Egyptian religion.... not Christianity.

Yeah, I'd rather read Dante than the Bible.
    edited September 2010

Yeah, I'd rather read Dante than the Bible.
    this is something i can agree with

I SUMMON

NEW PAGE