Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

An epic Win for Athiests (prayer day is unconstitutional)

Comments

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    i dont consider myself atheist

it's all the same bullshit really..... "lets get together and hate these other (-isms) and have rallies and do shit on certain days"

fuck that.... i like to think that I've evolve past that way of thinking
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    Me giving up religion was a long time coming.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    I think there's always been something.... Humans aren't even a fraction of a mini-nano-moment of "TIME"

we wont affect the universe in anyway, shape of form.... once we go extinct, there will literally be no trace of our existence. It's like having a goldfish trying to do Calculus.... blindly hoping for some sort of comprehension of something that is too ridiculously big for ANY of us to understand. Our brains just don't have that ability.

We can make awesome bombs though

AMEN
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    what arlo said is true but atheists are no closer to undertsanding the creation of the universe than christians or any other religion..
    Did I claim to have answers?! No. Oh and Atheism is not a religion.....

Just because you claim a god did it doesn't make your point any more valid.
    i never said it was a religion. atheists love crackin on religion and they have no ground to stand on themselves, thats all im sayin. EVeryone can believe what they want but atheists are smug about it. obv there are exceptions......
    I just said Atheism is a rejection of the claim that a god or gods exist until enough evidence is presented. It's not a belief system, I'm just saying I don't have enough evidence to believe the claim that you're making about a god. Why are you saying that I "have no ground to stand on myself" when I'm not the one making claims?
    well when people like shane disrespect religion and u ppl laugh about christianty and jesus dieing on a cross then i have a problem with you no matter what u believe, usually those people are atheists
    Ok, this time instead of categorizing a group of people based off the actions of a few, lets actually answer the question that I presented. Now don't get me wrong I'm not mad, I just really enjoy talking about this subject, but I'd really like to hear why I "have no ground to stand on" when I'm not the one making claims.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Sounds like a problem for you.

I still manage to have a good friendship with people when they find out I'm an athiest. I have no problem with people who have a religion, maybe that is the difference. I fully support it because in the end, I am lazy. I know that there is probably nothing I can do to advance civilization on my own, and I also can't prove that there is no God. So I'm not going to go all crazy and say I can't stand religion and all who follow it. I'd rather live a mellow life and live with my own personal views, while still maintaining a good social life. When I think about settling down, I'm pretty sure I'll have to find myself an athiest woman..that is really the only speed bump.
    image Photobucket
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited September 2010

well when people like shane disrespect religion and u ppl laugh about christianty and jesus dieing on a cross then i have a problem with you no matter what u believe, usually those people are atheists
    Religion has been the single most destructive force in the history of history, Tens if not hundreds of Millions have been tortured, enslaved, Slain And Oppressed in the Name of God.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    you are making a claim, your claim is you have no idea, and thats fine cuz i agree with you. i have no problem with that thought process at all, but then if you go and make a joke about someone like jesus or something ( not u in paticular but an atheist) then it makes me mad cuz you are disrespecting peoples personal beliefs. If atheists just left the other people alone and stopped telling them there stupid then there ok in my book

Religion has been the single most destructive force in the history of history, Tens if not hundreds of Millions have been tortured, enslaved, Slain And Oppressed in the Name of God.
    well jesus only preached love and died for you, so you basically mocking him makes you an asshole. just like if you mock the holocaust, complete disrespect if u ask me
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I respect other religions. I'm not going to say fuck it like all of the others, and say there is no God. <_>

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    That works with me. I had a problem last year because we were in a way asked to include our religious views in a project. We didn't have to, but the teacher threw it out there that it could be included. I decided to throw in the athiest "logo" above. When it came time to present, I tried to avoid the word as much as I could, because it does give off a bad impression. When I was a kid, I thought it was the epitome of evil...it's just the way you're programmed to think when you grow up in an even slightly religious family. Then it doesn't help when there are the loudmouthes that attack religion. I just don't think it's my place to tell someone that something they believe in so dearly that it directs their life is wrong.
    image Photobucket
    edited September 2010
    you are making a claim, your claim is you have no idea, and thats fine cuz i agree with you. i have no problem with that thought process at all, but then if you go and make a joke about someone like jesus or something ( not u in paticular but an atheist) then it makes me mad cuz you are disrespecting peoples personal beliefs. If atheists just left the other people alone and stopped telling them there stupid then there ok in my book
    Ok you gotta quit using what other people say against me. I'm not disrespecting religion, so stop bringing up the fact that people do. I understand people do, I personally don't unless it's in the context of a harmless joke, and that's usually in front of my religious friends anyway.

And I am in fact, not making a claim whatsoever. Theists make the claim that a god exists, and I'm saying that there is not enough evidence to support that claim. As for the beginning of the universe, that's a completely different issue and I will not get in to that. Rejecting a claim due to lack of evidence is not a claim in itself, it's like saying that not believing in bigfoot is a claim that needs to be backed up. It's simply not the case.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I successfully created an e-fight..... =D
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Not hard to do my friend. Watch...

Erik was right you all are stupid cunts!!

well jesus only preached love and died for you, so you basically mocking him makes you an asshole. just like if you mock the holocaust, complete disrespect if u ask me
    you completely dodged that entire statement seeing as i did not i bring up Christianity at all. i dislike all religion equally, christians just tend to be the most idiotic with the thing they say and do in regard to their religion. A perfect example is the "Christ Died for our prices" post a lil ways up. how does Jesus dying for my sins make up for the countless atrocities committed in his name.
    Ok you gotta quit using what other people say against me. I'm not disrespecting religion, so stop bringing up the fact that people do. I understand people do, I personally don't unless it's in the context of a harmless joke, and that's usually in front of my religious friends anyway.

And I am in fact, not making a claim whatsoever. Theists make the claim that a god exists, and I'm saying that there is not enough evidence to support that claim. As for the beginning of the universe, that's a completely different issue and I will not get in to that. Rejecting a claim due to lack of evidence is not a claim in itself, it's like saying that not believing in bigfoot is a claim that needs to be backed up. It's simply not the case.
    lol fine then, i have no problem with this statement. god luck to yah!
    I don't see this as an e-fight. It's a discussion Santana, sorry it's not simple mud-flinging like we are usually used to.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Well you knew they would get butthurt.

im not butthurt, i just love discussing religion. my views however tend to step on some toes .

lol fine then, i have no problem with this statement. god luck to yah!
    *shakes hand* Haha thanks

you completely dodged that entire statement seeing as i did not i bring up Christianity at all. i dislike all religion equally, christians just tend to be the most idiotic with the thing they say and do in regard to their religion. A perfect example is the "Christ Died for our prices" post a lil ways up. how does Jesus dying for my sins make up for the countless atrocities committed in his name.
    REAL christians love, forgive, help people, and try to be respectful. I try my best but I obv am not perfect. Jesus died for that imperfection as he too was man and was imperfect. So what exactly was jesus supposed to preach? nothing cuz people will misinterpret it?