Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

An epic Win for Athiests (prayer day is unconstitutional)

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    pagans are pretty chill imo
    imageimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    "that is similar to saying that god has always existed to me......"

similar to the Norse belief that before the world existed there was ALWAYS a realm of fire, and one of.

or how the Aztecs believed that when there was nothing but darkness; there was only 1 god who had always watched over it.... until he decided to "create" giants; and the world.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    How is this any different from saying Christmas is unconstitutional?
    I love winning with women
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    we have a national prayer day???
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    The big bang theory is full of shit, I took all of those science classes. I'll die before I listen to a scientist.

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "the issue was they wanted to make it a federal holiday"

I see no problem with that.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I dont believe in God, but I really dont care what they do in school. How does prayer day hurt me if I'm in school. Let everyone that believes pray, and let me sit back.

I dont see how this doesn't go against Freedom of Religion. Everyone should be free to have and not have theirs.
    image Photobucket
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Nola what created your god? Or is he just there? Because your arguing that everything had to come from something but somehow god can just exsist out of nothing
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    "I dont believe in God, but I really dont care what they do in school. How does prayer day hurt me if I'm in school. Let everyone that believes pray, and let me sit back."

Ok it's not like they are banning prayer, people can still pray on their own time if they feel the need to. What this does is ban a state mandated "prayer day" that does in fact go against separation of church and state.

"I'll die before I listen to a scientist."

Ok this has to be one of the most illogical statements I've ever heard. Where do you think all the known facts about our world and the universe come from? Do you not believe dinosaurs existed? haha
  • Deificus254Deificus254 Posts: 540 juggalo
    edited April 2010
    "but where did that universe come from? at some point there had to have been absolute nothingness. before the "goo", before alternate universes, before big bangs. How was there absolutelty nothing and then something?"

you do realize this is completely reversible question and explains nothing as to why god exists.
    the answer to your question however is in two main factors. 1. space is always expanding 2. pressure. on top of what Stratophony already stated. "Before the big bang... there was a previous Universe that imploded into itself to form the singular primordial "goo", or whatever its called; before it could gather up enough more energy than matter. = BIG BANG!" if you want to know more google it, i am sure you will find something to answer all your questions on a legitimate website. now back to my original statement.

Take for instance that god did create everything, who/what created god? or do you mean to tell me he was just there the whole time floating in "heaven" and got bored so he decided to create one giant universe!? this makes absolutely no sense. Nor is it true.

which brings me to your next question....

"but where did those stars come from? they just appeared out of thin air one day?".

they come from coulds of gas. look it up if you don't believe me.

now for the closer.

the bible said god made man in his image does it not?
    so as stratophony said people are made up of hydrogen, carbon and oxygen. as well as other elements such as iron. but there are several others i just don't feel the need to list. now these elements are made up of atoms and atoms are made up of protons nuetrons and electrons. the protons and nuetrons make the nucleus of the atom. i won't go into all the details but to get to my point. If we are made up of all this and god made us in his image. than science made god logically speaking..

we can go into a whole debate about this if you like, but believe me i will win. there is nothing in the matter of gods existence vs science that i cannot rebuke for the sake of science. now i do not care about whether or not there is a national prayer holiday it doesn't affect me nor will it ever. all i have to say on the matter is if athiests and agnostics try and get their own holiday there is no reason they shouldn't be able to.

seacrest out!
    "Ok this has to be one of the most illogical statements I've ever heard. Where do you think all the known facts about our world and the universe come from? Do you not believe dinosaurs existed? haha"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha you guys are too easy

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    "Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha you guys are too easy"

Troll all you want, but don't blame me for taking you seriously knowing how many people honestly would believe what you said.
    "we can go into a whole debate about this if you like, but believe me i will win. there is nothing in the matter of gods existence vs science that i cannot rebuke for the sake of science. now i do not care about whether or not there is a national prayer holiday it doesn't affect me nor will it ever. all i have to say on the matter is if athiests and agnostics try and get their own holiday there is no reason they shouldn't be able to."

I will have that argument with you then sir, I can argue with people for days on things. Here is my first argument, I have learned over the years that about 70 to 85% of Atheist are legally retarded and they always think that what they say is the right and you are wrong.

• Deificus254Deificus254 Posts: 540 juggalo
    "I will have that argument with you then sir, I can argue with people for days on things. Here is my first argument, I have learned over the years that about 70 to 85% of Atheist are legally retarded and they always think that what they say is the right and you are wrong."

well sadly for your case, your first arguement does not pertain to what i said i would debate about. but i will humor you.

i don't associate myself with athiests, nor do i associate myself with agnostics. i just don't give a fuck about religion or god. but being as you kind of have to believe in one or the other, i choose to believe in the more logical one. now this being said i do not personally know many athiests, i grew up christian and know alot of christians the few (maybe 10) athiests i know are all laid back and are all willing to admit when they are wrong. they like i just don't like stupidity or ignorance, mainly stupidity due to that fact that everyone is ignorant in some way shape or form. maybe i do not know enough to give a proper defense or maybe you just have shitty luck with athiests.
    I have shitty luck with them, atleast you don't associate with them.

• MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I don't believe a higher being exists, but I don't care if there's a "Prayer Day".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    thats a good stat... but did you know that in 2009, out of 100,000 "Christians" that were polled in the US; 94% of them weren't able to answer basic trivia on their supposed faith. 43% of these answered with references to "The Da Vinci Code"

^ lolzome

but in all seriousness.... Religions hold no weight these days; they mean nothing to even the people who are supposed followers. (Some, not all) Pope's have no power; whereas 500+ years ago; they could be considered rulers of the known world.

it was right around the 1600's when "Religion" began its descent into what it is now.... Churches started becoming banks, landlords, and courthouses. They stopped being the sanctuaries that they were, because they found out they could ask for as much money as they wanted; and the herd would do their best to give it to them.

It's sickening.... who in their right mind would let someone govern over their life like that?
    "i don't associate myself with athiests, nor do i associate myself with agnostics. i just don't give a fuck about religion or god."

^ yo
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    I really dont care about god or religion anymore.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    GOD IS DEAD
    AND NO ONE CARES
    IF THERE IS A HELL
    I'LL SEE YOU THERE
    I love winning with women