Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

An epic Win for Athiests (prayer day is unconstitutional)

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    "Atheists, the only people more annoying than feminists and vegans........"

Sorry that we have enough common sense not to believe in some magic space man that created everything and controls everyone's life.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Thats fine, but without starting a big debate cuz im tired, answer me this question...were did matter come from? something had to come into existence from nothing. how is that possible? to me that is more unlikely than a magic space man.....
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    matter as in people?
    matter as in plants?
    matter as in what?
    please be more specific
    imageimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Matter came from the big bang
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    edited April 2010
    Only some atheists are annoying, those being the ones who feel they're better than others because they don't have a God. Of course you won't see me walking in to a church any time soon, but that doesn't mean I need to be arrogant about it.
    matter as in anything, something had to come into existence from nothing, explain please
    okay the big bang, so before the big bang there was no matter?
    People come from dead starts.... Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, etc. all elements caused naturally ONLY by stars. When they go supernova they blow the shit out of whatever it was they were burning. The weakest start burning Hydrogen; then helium.... and so on. (as far as im concerned; it's the only real purpose i've ever found the table of elements to have)
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    the issue was they wanted to make it a federal holiday
    but where did those stars come from? they just appeared out of thin air one day?
    there was space supposedly
    imageimage
    Before the big bang... there was a previous Universe that imploded into itself to form the singular primordial "goo", or whatever its called; before it could gather up enough more energy than matter. = BIG BANG!

once our universe has more matter than Energy... it will start to shrink; then eventually implode. (IMO of course)
    but where did that universe come from? at some point there had to have been absolute nothingness. before the "goo", before alternate universes, before big bangs. How was there absolutelty nothing and then something?
    bottom line is we will never know
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    "Thats fine, but without starting a big debate cuz im tired, answer me this question...were did matter come from? something had to come into existence from nothing. how is that possible? to me that is more unlikely than a magic space man....."

I'm no scientist, so I'll let them continue to look for answers to that question before jumping to a conclusion.

Just because we don't yet know the answers to everything doesn't mean you have to throw "god" in there. I could come back to you with the question of how god exists, how did he get where he is, has he been around forever, so on. I'm comfortable with saying that I just don't know and that science is working on those answers, but I'm not going to just proclaim that there is this all powerful and everlasting "god" to fill in the holes....
    some people have faith, you can either respect that or mock it. usually atheists mock it, but religious tolerance is what people should really focus on. like people above said its the cockiness of atheists that get me, not their beliefs...
    I think there's always been something.... Humans aren't even a fraction of a mini-nano-moment of "TIME"

we wont affect the universe in anyway, shape of form.... once we go extinct, there will literally be no trace of our existence. It's like having a goldfish trying to do Calculus.... blindly hoping for some sort of comprehension of something that is too ridiculously big for ANY of us to understand. Our brains just don't have that ability.

We can make awesome bombs though
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    I think there's always been something.... Humans aren't even a fraction of a mini-nano-moment of "TIME"

that is similar to saying that god has always existed to me......