Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    Bought DRDR because I love nostalgia and the original was one of my favorite games of all time. Bout to finish up Stray and spend all weekend playing the remaster. 
    The Dead Rising Remake was censored to shit
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah I don't get the censorship thing. 

The tom brady roast was raunchy as fuck and it was the most watched thing ever on Netflix 

People don't actually want this woke bullshit. Hopefully everyone else catches on soon. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    *Half second micro cutscene for a side quest gets edited that nobody would ever notice without reading an article about it*

“THE INDUSTRY IS CENSORED TO SHIT.”
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Gaming is in a real bad state right now. I blame the whales that eat up all these micro transactions plus PC culture. The next generation of consoles is going to be very spooky. 

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    We need GTA to save us all
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I feel like that game is going to be fucked up as well

*Half second micro cutscene for a side quest gets edited that nobody would ever notice without reading an article about it*

“THE INDUSTRY IS CENSORED TO SHIT.”
    Specifically for Dead Rising, they changed dialogue, changed character designs, and removed the erotica mini games. 

Many, MANY games have been censored this year alone. Its worse today than it was 10, 20 years ago. 
    Doesn’t matter if the industry dies, you have extra shifts to pick up anyway. 
    Always.

Industry should still die
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    This wouldn’t have happened if they made Knack 3
    Don’t know why anybody laughing. I still stand on what I said but in this specific scenario I would not only upgrade for free, but I would profit in doing so. So why wouldn’t I? Not interested if I can’t bag the special edition tho because the regular Pro won’t resell for much.
    Contributing money to the industry for a notably scummy practice that’s doesn’t do anything but pander to fuck tards is a bad look, even if you make money off it. They don’t know you’re scalping it. The more people do the type of thing you’re doing, the more signals they get that it’s okay to push out half assed and lazy products designed to bleed you dry and give you nothing. 
    edited September 26
    I mean do what you want. As long as people ain’t hurting people, I won’t knock how someone that’s not a multi billion dollar corporation wants to make money. It’s more of a why feed into this type of bullshit thing. It’s killing the industry. They revealed one real game at State Of Play and everyone’s acting like they killed it because the industry is in such a garbage spot right now 
    edited September 26
    Fuck em this is the market they created. Dummies that have bread to blow will spend it and it benefits me more than the multi billion dollar company. But beyond that, that’s kind of the entire point of limited/collector’s edition anything. Sitting on it and eventually getting a return on it. Again, a self inflicted market. No shame or guilt whatsoever. 
    Also, not really, because I truly don’t believe the base Pro is going to sell out. I get the feeling it actually might undersell and they’ll have to correct course moving forward because that would be a massive L on the PSVR2, Portal, and Pro all in a row. Preordering is prolly redundant.

But again, collector’s edition is a different story especially when the production numbers are that low.
    And the bundle is $1,200, so safe to say if I keep it unopened I can get prolly double that back. Sorry but I’m a bag chaser. Stupid as fuck NOT to take that opportunity if I can snag one. That’s literally free money. Fuck the morality. Billion dollar companies gon billion dollar company regardless.
    True but it’s not a morality thing. They do this because they know people will buy them. It’s why the market is the way it is. Practices like that just contribute to the overall shittiness of it 
    Nobody wants the Pro.