Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

probably too much to ask..

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    what breed?
    i got a piece of meat and lured it into my car.
    you probably should only do that with animals...
    imageimage
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    what breed?
    i got a piece of meat and lured it into my car.
    you probably should only do that with animals...
    a mutt, the vet couldn't identify her breed, but she had just had puppies. she was similar in size to Mona
    did the owner have the puppies or were they never found?
    imageimage
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    Umm Phatom- black lab who was about to be shot. I ran between a gun and him. My dad got mad because he knocked up my sister's dog and kept coming around and he was a stray. Drove him to PA and put him in a non kill shelter.

Alyssa and Melina- 2 young lab/border collie. Shelter was about to put them down. Took them home and rehomed them.

Also fostered Shane's Mom's turtle that needed 3 needles a day to survive. I got him back to full health. He died about a year later when we were in NC so his health was out of my control.

Chenille - ball python. Fostered and rehomed her.

Jack and Jill- 2 little lizards. Pet shop was neglecting them. Took them home and rehomed them.

Peanut butter was a rescue. I forgot from where but we had him (hamster).

Golfball - hamster. Came from a shelter. They were about to just let him loose outside.

Pepper- was adopted by us but had to go to a no kill shelter (basically drove 10 miles from SC to make sure she was not put down).

Doggy- Random dog that came up to Shane at work. We took him to vet and found his owner. Also, got him a checkup too.

Tang and Buddy- 2 abandoned strays that are outside our apartment. We do plan to fully vet them as well as spay/neuter.

We've also picked up turtles that have been hit along side of the road. Did that for over a dozen. My sister also does it too. She drives them about 2 and half hours away to a vet school who will do the surgeries for free and call her to pick them up so they can be released. Sadly I believe 2 of them did not survive. However, 1 turtle was preggo and had the babies while she was w/ the people. She had 5 lil baby snappers that successfully hatched.

Now all animals were FULLY vetted on our dime. My vet does know me well and do a great deal of discounts for me since they know what we do. Even all our pets except for the current bird and hamster are fosters. Now I may have missed a couple animals, I'm not sure. Like Shane said, it's kinda hard to keep track.
    the owner had adopted her the day before from the pound, about 10 minutes before she was scheduled to be killed. the pound told him the puppies were not there
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    lol peanut butter. =3
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    my current hamsters name is spaceball, the next is going to be named beachball.
    wow you guys
    if i could hug both of you, i would
    thats so amazing what youre doing
    im gonna cry now :(
    imageimage
    My niece named him. He got pneumonia and was suffering for 3 days. I didn't have the heart to kill him myself so a vet actually did euthanize a hamster in PA.
    Like I said, we do a great deal of animal fostering/rehoming. I don't think a month goes by w/out us having a animal we are rescuing in our house.
    the owner had adopted her the day before from the pound, about 10 minutes before she was scheduled to be killed. the pound told him the puppies were not there
    i hope theyre ok...
    imageimage
    if i lived on my own id be doing the same thing
    and with you guys' financial health care things it means that much more
    imageimage
    you ever try finding a vet to put down a hamster? not fucking easy, half of them told use to suffocate him.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    you ever try finding a vet to put down a hamster? not fucking easy, half of them told use to suffocate him.
    what? =(
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    i love my little hamster Peaches
    id never be able to do that to her
    imageimage
    yea, just found out... the hard way... when he missed the litter box..... that my prize cat Kitty kitty needs a vet trip. blood and worms :(
    what? =(
    i shit you not, at least 3 vets told me to suffocate him.
    omg whats gonna happen?
    imageimage
    omg whats gonna happen?
    he's had the problem before, i'm sure he'll be fine after a trip to the vet.
    its this guy, i'd brutally torture and murder anyone who ever hurt him. i love him to death, hes helped me though a lot of shit.

{Upload|5599}