Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Cons Thread

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,813 spicy boy
    That’s a pretty decent con. Their wrestlers in particular are pretty stacked. They also have 2 of my favorite artists, Simon Bisley and Ben Templesmith

I would prioritize the cosplay wrestling for the kids. At the cons I’ve been to, that sort of stuff is part of the package and shouldn’t cost extra
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,407 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:
    Alright nerds looking for some guidance, the galaxy con schedule is out. Can yall look at it and let me know some things to do there that don’t cost extra my kids are interested in most anime but mainly demon slayer and one piece. They also love five nights at Freddy’s. I know all the shopping stuff will entertain them but are there activities there I should make sure I do with them. They are 10 and 8 
    I know this shit is literally this weekend but if you haven't checked it out already here's what I saw. You know your kids better than me obviously so some of this may be too childish for them but I took a quick look.

Friday and Saturday have a Harry Potter sorting hat ceremony for kids

Friday and Saturday has a meet and greet/storytime with the 501st legion which is arguably the best star wars cosplay group.

Saturday they're doing temporary tattoos on kids

Friday has pokemon, one piece, and five nights at Freddy’s cosplay meet ups 

Friday and Saturday have trivia for horror movies, kids movies, and pokemon 

Each day has DnD one shots if they were interested in Dungeons and Dragons, you can create a character and play with other people in a short game. 

I didn't check to see if any voice actors were there from the anime shows they like but if they are doing panels those are free. They do a Q&A and talk about working on the show

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,689 jayfacer
    Forget the kids, I’d go to most of that lmao 
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    We are going Sunday. One piece and five nights at Freddy’s is their favorite right now thanks for the responses 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    First con down 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    How'd it go? What'd you guys do? The kids find any cool swag? 
  • Options
    Definitely need a full weekend and it was overwhelming as fuck and just a money sink like I thought but the kids had a blast. 

Jamey met the voice of Luffy and got a pop signed 
    Millie met Nazuko voice actor and got a pop signed 
    both did the characters voices for them but Abby Trott was the best she was so kind to my daughter she instantly gained me as a fan. 

We went to the my hero Q&A it was alright they enjoyed it but wanted to leave after about 45 minutes.

i got some awesome Star Wars prints 

the kids bought all kinds of shit they mostly shopped. The photo is my two (Luffy and Nazuko) and two of my nephews 

I’ll take them again next year but for the weekend so they can take part in things and have time. It was just so massive 
  • Options
    Yeah definitely a money sink but sounds like the kids had fun! 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,548 spicy boy
    the weebening
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,464 spicy boy
    those are freaking sweet.