Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Cons Thread

Comments

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,551 spicy boy
    Ye
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,591 spicy boy
    Are you doing this at your house? Lol
  • Options
    At my friend's house. 
  • Options
    Does he live with his parents?
  • Options
    Nope. They're married and wealthy and live on their own
  • Options
    I wish was gonna laugh pretty hard lol. That’s awesome though. 
  • Options
    Got a con coming up in a couple weeks, Acen. First Acen in three years, since Covid. They're requiring masks, even though the entire state of Illinois no longer requires masks. Some people are rightly complaining how it's stupid and isn't going to help at all considering everyone is going to work/concerts/bars/etc without masks anyways, so why even bother at Acen, but of course there's a bunch of obnoxious virtue signalers acting like this is the best thing ever. 

• Options
    I'm also still mad that this con finally comes back after three years, and it happens to land on the weekend of my grandmother's memorial service, so it's becoming a source of family drama that I'm even going to the con at all, let alone for the whole thing (which I'm not)
  • Options
    Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Tempted to finally check out Fanime here. Lucky it's hosted here
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    Got a con coming up in a couple weeks, Acen. First Acen in three years, since Covid. They're requiring masks, even though the entire state of Illinois no longer requires masks. Some people are rightly complaining how it's stupid and isn't going to help at all considering everyone is going to work/concerts/bars/etc without masks anyways, so why even bother at Acen, but of course there's a bunch of obnoxious virtue signalers acting like this is the best thing ever. 

It’s probably cause a lot of the voice actors requested it. All the anime voice actors we bring to the shop request people wear mask. Their voice is their money maker and if they catch Rona that puts schedules behind on dub episodes and more headaches. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022

It’s probably cause a lot of the voice actors requested it. All the anime voice actors we bring to the shop request people wear mask. Their voice is their money maker and if they catch Rona that puts schedules behind on dub episodes and more headaches. 
    I can understand that, and if they said that upfront, I would be more ok with it. But the con is like "we will be following CDC guidelines"... ok the CDC removed mask mandates... "yea, we aren't following THOSE CDC guidelines"

Like the hotel the con is being hosted in said "we will not be enforcing mask mandates in the hotel, or among our staff" lol
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,466 spicy boy
    doubt it will be very strictly enforced 
  • Options
    Lol the con lifted the mandates and the sjws on social media are having a bitch fit melt down
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,690 jayfacer
    HOW CAN THEY NOT CARE ABOUT MY SAFETY the pink haired 500 pound buzzcut lesbian says, debating weather she should attend a con with 10,000 people at it or take her first shower of the month
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    HOW CAN THEY NOT CARE ABOUT MY SAFETY the pink haired 500 pound buzzcut lesbian says, debating weather she should attend a con with 10,000 people at it or take her first shower of the month
    100% whats happening lmao
  • Options
    GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Her minge would be a bit mank after all that time without showering 🤢
  • Options
    So because of the backlash, now the con as a whole doesnt require masks, but the official events like the raves are still required masks, and panels can choose at their discretion

Fucking lame
  • Options
    Welp, they went back on all of it. Masks fully required again. 

And I got banned from the Acen Discord LMAOOO

I hate weebs.
  • Options
    I haven’t worn a mask in like a year. More than a year. 

Well aside from like a funeral I went to I-think.  
  • Options
    NJ wanted you to have one but no one cared