Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Official* Best albums of 2016 thread.

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    This is the legacy spongebob left 
    image Photobucket
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    TRUMP said:

the other releases of theirs are awesome as well, but mostly as party music that hot white girls have two drinks, smell pot, and go nuts for.
    No problem agreeing with that. Maybe not to the same reasons but I'd agree that the music on feels is just an entire different level. Centipede is just fun. Can't really take it seriously and not something I can listen to regularly without getting tired of after awhile lol 
    image Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    centipede isnt BAD exactly. ..I mean if I had heard a band id never heard if before put that out id be pretty wowed. but I hold acno to an entirely different standard. same with floyd/when david gilmour put out rattle that lock which was about the equivalent imo.

is it fair? not at all. but its my natural attitude with them at this point haha.
    I love winning with women
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    RIFF_LORD said:
    Mc a lot of dope shit has dropped and that's all you e jammed? Fuck off
    Like?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    well for one the new Abbath. Plus new releases from Krallice, Lycus, Chthe'ilist, The Body. Plus tons of new black metal from Nadra, Skhape, and LVTHN are sick. The new Inverloch. The Body's new record is awesome. And I"m sure I'm forgetting some shit.
    definitely downloading the new body record today.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Tombs has a new one out soon too. I got the promo. haven't jammed it yet but fyi
    that ones on my to jam list too. I got really stoked over savage gold when they released the first single but the rest was just decent, not what I was exactly expecting. not preorder the bundle good.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    TRUMP said:
    'feels' completely took over my conscience and connected me to places in my life I had long forgotten. it sounds corny but idk how else to describe it. you ever get hit with nostalgia really hard, triggered by some random thing? it was a bunch of that. the album is just a huge mental orgasm. it took me so vividly back to my childhood, with the sunny days in the california orchards and my days at school and in my neighborhood, when times were so simple, memories that ill never experience again but which ive been able to view again through music.

id throw "people"(the ep I mentioned) into this as well. it brings me back in a way nothing ever has, nothing at all. I never would have remembered some of the stuff ive remembered if it werent for hearing feels. well, without drugs or dreaming or deep meditation.

feels is probably the most important record ive ever listened to.

sung tongs is my second favorite, and its also very nostalgic but not even on the same plane of existence as feels.

the other releases of theirs are awesome as well, but mostly as party music that hot white girls have two drinks, smell pot, and go nuts for.
    Who is feels by?
    animal collective. its a sound theyre probably never going back to.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I need to get that new The Body album too
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I completely spaced on the Boris/Merzbow. Great release. 
    inb4lists
    Lycus, Babymetal, and Bridear based off of first listens so far. 

1.     BRIDEAR – Baryte

2.     Megadeth – Dystopia

3.     VHS Glitch – Chrome Death OST

4.     tiasu – Fire

5.     BABYMETAL – METAL RESISTANCE

6.     Killswitch Engage – Incarnate

7.     Simon Viklund – ORBOT

8.     Lycus – Chasms

9.     Anthrax – For All Kings

10.  Alaskan Bull Worm – Eat Your Heart Out Kid

Nah
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I second that. Babymetal above Anthrax. The Fuck dude?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    edited April 2016
    Kanye - pablo
    Panic - whatever the new album is called
    Zayn - mind of mine
    Kevin gates Isiah 

Dime said:
    I second that. Babymetal above Anthrax. The Fuck dude?
    I'm still not that impressed with it. Its grown on me more, but I'm not blown away. Honestly the Babymetal was a bit disappointing after first listen too. 
    'no one deserves happiness' was good. it reminded me of 'christs redeemers.' I think 'I shall die here' with the haxan cloak was the best theyve done in years though.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Link me to something cool by Bridear. Megadeth was pretty fucking awesome and if they topped that, then they have to have a good album.