Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    for me, episode 7 felt much more like a fanfic and I despised it. this one actually connected events, and gave a sense of sacrifice for the cause, and spared almost nobody. some dragged out parts and a couple dumb lines, sure, but it was a major improvement.

im feeling a strong 7 to a light 8
    I love winning with women
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Both felt like fanfic to me. Thats a perfect way to put it. 

Like I wouldnt say they were bad. I like them more than DCs recent runs. But I didnt really think they were good either. I honestly like the prequels more so far. For all their faults, at least they were original. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    That first vader scene was the dumbest shit tho
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I honestly like the prequels more so far. For all their faults, at least they were original. 
    :|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I honestly like the prequels more so far. For all their faults, at least they were original. 
    :|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Kill yourself. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    0 i like the prequels. 
    everyone gives the prequels a really hard time but I thought they were ok. definitely nowhere near 4/5/6, but for being many years later I didnt think they were THAT bad. 7 was fucking horse cocks though.
    I wouldn't call 7 horsecocks at all but I did like the prequels alot even today. 

Let's face it, Episode I had Jar Jar and Kid Jake Lloyd which were both awful. But the Pod Race scene, Lightsaber battle and Duel Of Fates music were fucking epic. Imo that was the only one of the prequels that re-captured epic moments that were reminiscent of some of the original trilogies epic moments. And Qui-Gon was a boss. 

Episode II is really fucking dated. The CGI looks awful. Idk how they managed that with Episode II and not I. And the love plot and dialogue were atrocious. That being said, everything else was awesome. The droid favotry, battle of Geonosis and the lightsaber battles are killer. Plus Dooku was fucking sick. 

Episode III I still feel is generally well put together and a good movie. Yes, Hayden is a mess but everything else was great. I like it better than VII. 

I still think Episode VII is a good solid Star Wars flick. Yes there is too much fan service but we got great characters and some stellar looking action out of it. But at least the prequels didn't rehash the Death Star story line. Like I hated the fact that Episode VII pulled up the original death star next to star killer base and was like "Yeah but this one is bigger." SO WHAT! That legitimately pissed me off. Like that's not justification, it's still rehashing this shit. Still not a Star Wars movie I don't like (except Clone Wars) but I still haven't seen Rogue One yet (Sunday :!!) So we'll see. 
    jj had no right to take han like that.

its like your new stepdad coming into your house and drunkenly crushing the xbox youve had for ten years
    the podrace scene saved ep 1 but only if you mute aniken
    Okay so I saw Rogue One a little while ago for the first time and to get this out of the way before I launch into my rant...I did not like it but I didn't hate it. Truthfully I though Episode VII was better but I went with a buddy of mine who is also a huge Star Wars dork and he said Rogue One was better because it actually felt like a Star Wars movie. Here we go; this will CONTAIN ALOT OF SPOILERS

Characters
              -Not a single memorable one in the bunch Tbh. Like seriously they were all flat and one dimensional. The most interesting one was the blind guy and even then his character doesn't get much deeper than Jesus Freak (except ya know the force instead of Jesus). Also, the droid (K2?) was fucking annoying as hell holy Christ. I felt like I was watching a goddamn comedy half the time. So happy when he bit the laser bullet. 

Story/Feel
       -Probably my biggest gripe here. More so over the feel of the movie. I can admit I'm a little biased because I know that they're going to steal the plans but not destroy the Death Star etc. etc. So I think overall I just wasn't hype because I knew how it would play out (before you point Episode I-III I actually watched Star Wars from Episode I-VI in that order because I was younger and my mama took me to see episode I and I was oblivious to any other movies existing at the time). So naturally I wasn't too hype. 

Cons
           -My biggest problem is that this didn't feel like a Star Wars movie. This was why I was scared of Disney taking hold of it. They're going to be squeezing every last drop of unique out of this franchise eventually and it starts here. Obviously we have our characters who are unique (duh Vader) but I feel like this could have been any space movie. It felt like Disney wanted to make a Star Wars movie but lost the rights at the last minute and made a bad knock off; from the music to the setting and everything. You really could've subbed in any characters in here and it would have been the same movie. I didn't hate it but I felt nothing. It didn't have that magic of Star Wars at all and that's crushing to me. K2 belongs in Guardians Of The Galaxy that fucking droid was so annoying. I just wasn't invested in any of these characters at all. The first hour or so dragged so badly as well. I can honestly say I only enjoyed the last half hour or so. The cinematography is beautiful and it's a good battle scene but not much else. 

Pros
       -Basically the cameos. Carrie Fisher at the end was brilliant. I loved it. Same with Vader's end scene. Dont know why everyone was jizzing over his appearance, his first scene was nothing special. Dug Bail Organa's part as well but I think my favorite and most unexpected one was when they ran into those two bar flies from the Mos Eisley Cantina. That cracked me up =)) the movie looked nice as well. 

Overall this didn't feel like a Star Wars movie. It didn't feel special or unique. It felt like an evil corporation pumping out a lazy pointless effort because they knew it would make money. I hope they do a better job with their other side shit. Now that my initial opinion and biases are out of the way, I'll be seeing it again Tuesday since I can approach it with a more open mind. 5/10. Just barely average. @MetalCrusades @NEWGOD @OPP @JLRedWing13 @Jobe @SATAN
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Get them flags ready Jay...

Not only were the prequels better, but the Christmas Special might have been too (only half serious) But at least that had the Boba cartoon. The prequels were terrible and I mostly choose to ignore them, but at least the story progressesed, even if it went in shitty directions or they were executed poorly. This was a waste of a movie that did nothing to move the Star Wars Universe forward, or in any meaningful direction, whatsoever. Cool scenes at the end but I just can't help but wonder why this was the story line they chose to follow up on. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Agreed. It contributed absolutely nothing. Thats just kind of what I felt watching it. Not a string liking or a strong dislike. Just nothing. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Fuck out of here with that negative ass bullshit

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Yeah i don't get why you guys expect these movies to be some kind of epic narrative. The writing in SW has always been pretty generic. SW has always been about the ohhs and ahhhs.

Episode VIII  was cool to look at but thats about it.

Much like the rest of the SW movies. Cool to look at but beyond that there isn't really anything special or unique about the story telling. 
    Nah, the orig trig is the greatest space opera ever written. And for their flaws the prequels are fun and exciting sci-fi films. 

The new ones lack heart and personality. They just exist. 
    I'm really not trying to be negative it just didn't do anything for me. I was the first one on here to defend episode VII. Like I said, I'll go see Rogue One again but off first impression it's mediocre. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Episode 7 > prequel trilogy