Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The McFuck Approach

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Slap firing shots :-?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    slap said:
    to not be a lonely sack of shit?
    but someone better is always going to come along. so why bother? 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    It just levels of degree or else like jake said, who's to say there isn't someone better out there that you just haven't met yet?
    This is the problem with dating. Where does it stop? Will there ALWAYS be someone better? If thats the case, why date? Why get married? You'll never meet the perfect person, so whats the fucking point? 
    Honestly? Yes there will always be someone better.. The thing is you may never meet them tho so it's prob best to find someone you have real strong feelings with and just give it 100 percent for the benefit of both people in the long run. 
    Like I've been doing?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Yeah, no. She'd  have to feel the same for you. Both of you would have to not want to be with anyone else the rest of your lives. 
    imageimage
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    slap said:
    because you can't possibly meet all of them. 
    Yeah if you wanted to give your friendship 100 percent and dedicate yourself to her then go for it lol but she has to be part of the process at some point dude, it can't just be your feelings lol
    slap said:
    slap said:
    Even so, in the back of your head you'll always know somebody better exists, and that you're settling on less. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    slap said:
    slap said:

* meat
    Everybody already knows that dude, they just get over it lol there's 8 billion people for Christs sake
    if you don't meet every possible mate, you can't really know if there is one better. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It just levels of degree or else like jake said, who's to say there isn't someone better out there that you just haven't met yet?
    This is the problem with dating. Where does it stop? Will there ALWAYS be someone better? If thats the case, why date? Why get married? You'll never meet the perfect person, so whats the fucking point? 
    Because at some point you realize "She's all I could have hoped for and she's into me... score" and then you be an upstanding person and stop looking. Could you find better? Maybe, but why not just be happy with what you chose and be done with the hassle.

Or alternatively you make some sort of arrangement like Satan did where he can have his cake and eat it too. His "wife" is cool with him fucking others and he is cool with her doing that as well.
    Its pointless
    Basically the world has objective truths .. It's up to you to analyze them positively or negatively
    one question, is your conseliur assigned by your school or independently assigned?
    Its pointless
    not really. It's like anything else in life you do, it can always be better. You can always improve as a guitarist, so does that mean you're never going to record something because you know that you could always do it better at some other time? Or are you never gonna stop trying to find the perfect restaurant for whatever your favorite food is? There's always something better all the time in everything, but you make do with something really good because if you only spend your time in life searching then you'll never be happy with what you have access to. Never sticking with something is as pointless as always searching because there might be something better. 
    edited February 2015
    slap said:
    nah... someone better might not come along. Live in the moment, and make the best decision you can with all the data you have available. When you find someone who gives you that special feeling (like your current friend) AND those feelings are returned from her end, then you make that decision on being with this person for the rest of your life. If you do make that commitment then you should stop looking for someone better and be happy with what you have. This isnt settling, it's just the process of finding compatible mates.

a high percentage of people in general have a real problem with "Grass is always greener" syndrome. That is probably one of the biggest killers of relationships. It's not people settling for someone who wasn't perfect, because no one would get married if they didnt think that person was perfect at some point in the relationship.... They usually fall apart because they stop appreciating what they have and think that someone else is going to be that missing link that causes them to be happier.

It's like picking a favorite ice cream flavor that you will pledge to only have that flavor. You "date" and try all 31 flavors at Baskin and Robbins and decide on that one flavor. Is that your perfect flavor? Well it was with what you had to work with. Would you be happy eating that flavor for the rest of your life? Sure why not, it was the best with all teh data you had to work with. Could there be new flavors coming out in the future that would be more perfect for you? Yeah probably you could "cheat" on your flavor and try others to see if it is better, or you could just stay loyal to yours and be happy with what was perfect for you in the past and you committed too. And before you say "Why would I ever get married in this analogy, I'd just keep my options open and try all new flavors as they come out".... That's an excellent approach you could make. However your approach is "Im not ever going to try ice cream because there will always be a flavor I would like more" :|
    I choose the try all ice cream flavors and all that come along on the way  option 
    I choose the try all ice cream flavors and all that come along on the way  option 

and MC is choosing the "I wont try any because there will always be one more perfect option".
    slap said:
     AND those feelings are returned from her end, 

=))
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't understand how this is such a hard concept to comprehend :))
    imageimage