Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The McFuck Approach

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Move to somewhere cheaper if you don't want to live at home the rest of your live. Seriously staying in these expensive ass areas keeps you from being able to afford a place of your own 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Yeah thats dirt cheap rent. Its probably much higher in chicago area. I can empathize with mc on this one cuz I go a shitty degree and finding a job in music is hard as fuck. ANd finding a good paying job with no experience relevant to that field is difficult too. Ive been doing food delivery recently and its not great, and I have no idea where to look for jobs that arent retail or food service because they all require experience I dont have. Ive been thinking of getting a med card and applying at dispensaries tbh but that would be weird to explaij to my folks lol.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    MC's parents must rule!

My parents kicked me out of the house when I was 16.
    Im not a little shit though. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited April 2017
    I dont do drugs, I dont fuck, I help out around the house, and I give my parents a check every month. And I pay my own bills. As long as I keep that up, they'll be fine with me living there as long as I also keep trying to find new work. Which I do every day. Its just hard in the music industry. 

I already work in probably the best place in all of Chicago to network. Its just a matter of somebody actually giving me a chance.... Unfortunately most of these guys either work day jobs themselves, so arent around, or want to keep clients for themselves. 
    edited April 2017
    mrAPE said:
    Move to somewhere cheaper if you don't want to live at home the rest of your live. Seriously staying in these expensive ass areas keeps you from being able to afford a place of your own 
    It isnt so much the cost of living, its that I dont make enough. I make $15 an hour, but am only working between 20 and 30 hours a week. I had $5000 saved up, but then I had my car accident, so Im back at $0. 

I want at least $10,000 saved up, and full time employment before I move out. 
    Bro I didn't even make $15 an hour until a few years ago and was able to buy a house and start a family on that. I get that I was working more hours and get over time but you're not exactly making shit for pay. Find a couple of roommates and move out and do your own thing. Your parents would probably be happier if you tried and failed and had to come back after some time over you just saying fuck it it can't work. 20-30 hours leaves more than enough time to pick up a second job. You have to grind that shit out of you want to continue with your dream. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    It should take me about 2 years. Even less if I get full time. Im really fiscally responsible. I live within my means. Pay off my credit card in full every month. Have a savings and checkings, and only spend from my checkings. Allocate a chunk of my paychecks to savings every month. 

My parents arent rich. I dont live in a mansion. But it is a comfortable suburban home. I dont know why you think I simply leech off of them, when I do a lot. I just live there, like literally 90% of my friends still live at home. Most people cant get good jobs right out of college anymore, even with degrees. And its even harder in the music business. 

Ive lived alone before, in Nashville. I can do it. Im just trying to do with with little-to-no debt. 
     I dont know why you think I simply leech off of them, when I do a lot.
    In your own words.
    Do you have reading comprehension? Not "i do a lot" as in I leech off them a lot. "I do a lot" as in I work hard, and do shit around the house, and look for work a lot. 
    MC move to Cincy I'll hook you up with a job where you'll get hours and decent pay. Promise you'll be able to afford your own place and shit
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    edited April 2017
    mrAPE said:
    Bro I didn't even make $15 an hour until a few years ago and was able to buy a house and start a family on that. I get that I was working more hours and get over time but you're not exactly making shit for pay. Find a couple of roommates and move out and do your own thing. Your parents would probably be happier if you tried and failed and had to come back after some time over you just saying fuck it it can't work. 20-30 hours leaves more than enough time to pick up a second job. You have to grind that shit out of you want to continue with your dream. 
    Its cheaper to buy than rent ( as far as mortgage payments go) and in MC's position buying isnt really an option. 

Right now im looking for a 3 bedroom place that accepts dogs and it looks like im going to be paying minimum 1,200 a month. Or right around there. 
    Apartments. I had a two bedroom apartment with everything included in a decent area for $550 and they took dogs. My house payment is $800 so I usually tell people they should just buy a house at least your money is going towards something then. Anyway even if they rented a house with three people spend $400 a month (just issuing the number you gave) and have each take care of a utilit
    Yeah thats what im gonna do. My buddy who crashes at my place on te weekend cause were always hanging out is gonna move in when we find a place. Im not saying its impossible at all. Were just in a situation where all 3 of us have pretty good paying jobs. We all make 15/hour or more. 

Im hoping to rent for anpther year or two until my credit is fixed and then buy. Believe me if i was in a position to buy i would. Ill never live in an apartment again doe. 
    Yea Im not gonna rent an apartment. Im looking to go the buy a condo route probably, and just split it with some friends. Or a small house. But renting is wasted money.
    I mean ots not really wasted consodering you need a place to live. Plus anytime something get broke you dont have to pay to fix it. 

Theres pros to cons for both sides. Buying is your better long term option but right now homes are expensive. Housing is booming which means were only 2 years put at max frm another housing collapse. By that time things should be cheaper. 
    There is nothing wrong with starting out renting and as mentioned you don't have to do any of the upkeep 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Not to mention the mobility it provides as far as being able to take jobs outside of your area.
    Pass the god damn butter.