Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The McFuck Approach

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    are your parents brother and sister?
    Fucking kill yourself
    must be cousins then. My bad. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Im sorry your families dont love you

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I dont get what you're getting at.
    I don't understand what you didn't comprehend about Satan's post. It was written in English, and only 2.5 lines so it doesn't require a TLDR. Pretty straight forward..... I'd explain it to you in smaller words but Im not sure what part of it you were having trouble with. Tell me what words caused problems and I'll break it down for you.
    I mean most holidays, like Christmas and Easter are separate. Like Eve at Dads, day at moms. 

But like Sunday for Fathersday everyone on both sides came to my house
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    edited June 2015
    Its a good time :-??
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited June 2015
    I'm not against being family oriented. It's just one of those things that's pretty weird if you do it too soon. It's not the "sign of respect" you think it is. We don't live in the 1950s anymore. People's families embarrass them. It's not a situation people are usually comfortable with until absolutely necessary. Even with my fam being as close as we are, I didn't meet my sisters future husband until they were preparing to move to California together
    Things must be different where you are. Its no big deal here 
    With both my exes we met eachothers parents day 1
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    That's fucking weird

Did they chaperone your dates? 
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    The only time both my moms side and my dads side have been in the same location together, is because of graduation parties or a rare birthday party for me or by brother. I can count 3 times it's happened..my brothers graduate in 94, the only bday party I had at my house when I was 3 or 4, and my graduation. The only other time it'll happen will be at my wedding probably since my brother is already married. 

And imo the only time you should meet each others families is when you're in a very long term relationship, probably with the person you're gonna be with for 5+ years. Other than that there isn't a logical reason to meet each others families. Maybe parents after a while but that's never a fun time.
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

And imo the only time you should meet each others families is when you're in a very long term relationship
    or if you are literally a bad-ass mother fucker and are looking for more notches for that bed post.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Its different when youre a kid. Parents, especially the girls parents want to meet who their daughter is dating.

as an adult though? You could go months/years without meeting the family. Its not a big deal.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    off topic/moot, but i don't get how having relatives on both sides knowing each other is super weird. maybe it's because we're mexican and family is super important + big families, but with my family there's always been co-mingling between my mom's side and my dad's side. probably more so my family specifically than my other aunts and uncles because we all live so close and host more functions at our house. 
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Personally I think it's weird if your dating someone and you dont meet their fam after a couple months..
    I see my fam/cousins all the time and they always bring rando bf/gf's it's not even a deal anymore
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I see my fam a few times a year. That's good enough for me
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I see my fam a few times a week lol
    I even know my cousins' grandparents on the other side (the ones we dont share)

Its not a big deal. We just come from big families that all get along 
    edited June 2015
    Keep in mind I and the girls I dated live with our parents :-|

You cant avoid meeting them. You go to pick her up, dad opens the door, shake hand, introduce yourself, on your way.

It real isnt a big deal. Its a good thing if your families like who you're with.