Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The McFuck Approach

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    Lol romantic love doesn't exist .. Better tell my mom and dad who've been married for 30 years they wasted their lives
    "Romantic love" starts more as a reaction to chemicals in the brain that are released when you are around someone. Its chemicals, and hormones, and lust. As the relationship continues, the bonds that form are the similar to that of a best friendship, or a family member. 

When you are married to someone for a long time, I don't think the love you experience is the same idea as a "romantic love". Its deeper than that. The same love you would have for your mother. 

The romance part is not "love", that's chemical. Actual love is deeper than that. Its eternal, and lasts even when that high you experience goes away. And that is not related to romance. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Romantic love exists, you just refuse to see it or accept it
    imageimage
    No it doesn't. But whatever. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I'd love to see Dawns boobies...but I'm just an old romantic 
    They're nothing special 
    imageimage
    SUH said:
    > had one girlfriend
    > love doesnt exist

you seriously should just end it
    I've had two. And you all seriously flip-flop everytime I have a new opinion. 

A month ago y'all were telling me that I was stupid for having feelings for this girl (still not romantic love, but feelings none-the-less), and said true love doesn't exist because we're animals and we should have multiple sex partners because its natural, and its impossible to find the right person for you because there are millions of people in the world and the possibility of finding that person is incredibly small, blah blah blah. 

So now that I say I don't believe that romantic love exists (an idea that I've had since 7th grade mind you), y'all are saying I'm an idiot? 

Which is it? 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Just jokin MC 
    i love ya bro....
    ....just not romantically ok?
    and I dont wanna see your boobies 
    If my teeny bop relationship didn't last the tests of time romantic love must not exist
    True love exists, romantic love exists.. There just isn't one person for everybody and it takes time and emotional maturity to get to true love. Love is messy but you want it to be black and white so you quit like a big baby
    edited April 2015
    The idea of "romantic love" is retarded at its very definition. 

Furthermore the idea of love is more of a social construct. 

Different cultures behave differently when it comes to love. It is not an actual emotion, but something that incites emotion (such as happiness in you, and sadness in me). In that sense it is what a specific person makes of it. To somebody the reaction of love might take effect, but will not take effect in another person. In that sense it does not objectively exist, and should be treated more as an opinion than a concrete emotion. 

Again, keep lying to yourselves that what you experience is love. I'm over it. 
    So by your logic none of us have ever been in love. And we haven't flip-flopped. We've looked at everything you said full circle. You're hung up on a chick that doesn't want to be with you, we tell you to move on. You still bend over backwards for her. You tell us romantic love/love is all bs and doesn't exist (yes, we understand love is chemicals in your brain just like everything else). We tell you otherwise because whether you like it or not we all have had more dating/relationship experiences than you've had. There's no "there's one person out there for everyone". That's fantasy bs like those dumbass fairytale relationships in Disney movies. There is no "my one and only". I thought that shit the first time I fell in love. And when it didn't work out it hurt but I didn't give up. Then events happened later on and he went 6 ft under. That's when I didn't care anymore..about much of anything really. 

What you do is you stop kidding yourself, wake up, mature a bit, go out of your comfort zone and you take chances. Love isn't a damn "opinion", people's favorite bands and actors are opinions. Gtfo with that bs. Just because you fell and she didn't doesn not mean "well..guess love doesn't exist because this didn't work out the way I wanted it to". Goddamn nigga..I just wasted my time too
    imageimage
    I am done kidding myself. I'm no longer pursuing this girl. I have grown up. So much so that I realize that love is bullshit. Sure it works for some people, but it will. never. work. for. me. So instead of lying to myself, pretending that things will work out, and that I will happily be in a relationship - I am accepting the reality that its all hog shit. 
    For someone that claims they've matured a lot, you are pretty childish when it comes to this. 
    imageimage
    not at all