Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Adrian Peterson

SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
edited September 2014 in Debate & Discourse
What sort of discipline do you think he deserves?

Adrian Peterson 12 votes

Banned the rest of the season if he hit the kid with a switch
8%
FIRENATHANIELHACKETT 1 vote
Banned for life if he hit the kid with a switch
8%
WakeOfAshes 1 vote
Banned for the season only if the spanking was excessive (deep cuts, injuries to private areas)
8%
MetalCoresades 1 vote
Banned for life only if the spanking was excessive (deep cuts, injuries to private areas)
8%
Me_ 1 vote
Nothing
16%
NOCAPTravis 2 votes
Nothing if he the injuries weren't excessive
50%
NecrothulhuTigermonicaaSATANTyrantNumber1RamsFan 6 votes

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I ask because of this article...

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11563542

You could also tell from his mugshot he doesn't seem to think this is a big deal
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What did the kid do?
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    My grandpa would beat our ass with a switch every chance he got. 
    Nowadays this pussified country you cant put  your own kids in the corner without somebody putting their nose in your business. ..
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Banned for the season only if the spanking was excessive (deep cuts, injuries to private areas)
    I tend to agree with you. Obviously I dont really follow football, but I know this story. I feel like personal life and professional life should be separate. Whatever happened is between him and his wife and kids, and maybe the law, and butt out. 

I'm for spanking in terms of disciple. I was spanked. I turned out fine. If anything I think I benefited from it. Using a stick may have gone a little far, especially if he really hurt the kid, and for that I can see a suspension to make an example, since he is a public figure. But there is nothing wrong with obedience spankings. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I'm of the opinion that you should never use physical force on a child. its not socially acceptable to hit an adult, why should it be ok to hit a child? 
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    If seen pictures of the kid with cuts that looked similar to cat/dog scratches. I think it was a bit excessive if the pics are legitimate. But the thing is, no matter the punishment he gets, people won't be happy about it. I'm not even sure what kind of punishment he should receive in the NFL
    imageimage
    My grandmother used switches on us when I was a kid. They left more marks than regular spankings, but they're not excessive. I went to elementary school when they still used paddles and the paddle was worse than any switch. This story is mind blowing to any southerner over 30
    I'm of the opinion that you should never use physical force on a child. its not socially acceptable to hit an adult, why should it be ok to hit a child? 
    Because leaving children unpunished makes them repeat and expand on bad behavior. They can't be reasoned with like adults. I'm not for over-the-top stuff, but spankings are necessary
    edited September 2014
    i do not find fear to be an effective motivator. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Banned the rest of the season if he hit the kid with a switch
    I'm with Rex. I think it conditions our society at a very young age to accept violence. 
    I hate to say this, but have kids and let me know how that works. I'm not dismissing your opinions, I've just come to the hard conclusion that there's no other way to handle them when they're younger than about 5. I've only recently began spanking my daughter and it's awful, but there's certain things she will just not stop doing without physical consequences
    And look at how many douchebag youngsters we have this day and age without it. I fucking cant stand Jr Highers these days. 
    i do not find fear to be an effective motivator. 
    Look at Hitler. 
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Because Middle Scoolers have always been so mature up until this generation... 
    Reference 

your head 
    Tale as old as time...

College kids always think middle schoolers are awful
    Man when I was in Jr High, I always respected parents and teachers. And I especially always respected my fellow classmates. And I feel like the majority of my friends did too. Witout consequences kids don't care how they act. Detention is disappearing from schools, home punishment is no longer allowed. What do they care if they respect people? 
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    MC, what actual evidence do you have to support this other than your anecdotal BS?
    The only thing I've heard that makes me think he might have done something excessive was a mention of injuries to the kids scrotum. That is absolutely too far and he should be punished if that's the case
    edited September 2014
    What are you looking for a news article? Just fucking go to a Jr. High. Nobody gives a shit there. I played a show like two years ago for some Jr. High friday party thing at a skate park, and all the kids there were sturring up shit and trying to start fights with us while we were playing. I go out to the mall, and I see swag fag Jr Highers acting like dicks all the time. 

I mean, I'm sure we weren't perfect, but I just feel like the level of respect has been declining with every class. Again, without any form of discipline how are kids supposed to learn right from wrong? More importantly, why would they want to act respectful when they can get away with it? Its simple social observation.