Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

the discussion on what's in the tours thread thread

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited January 2014
    They've been doing their thing for a lot longer than most bands even similar to them, and better for the most part.

And for the record I love some of Behemoth's music, they're about even in terms of personal preference for me.
    inb4lists

Also name 15 death metal bands that are still putting out music that are better than Behemoth.

Behemoth aren't even a straight death metal band.
    inb4lists
    edited January 2014
    I personally enjoy Origin, Revocation, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Arsis, Obscura, Gorguts, Broken Hope, Unleashed, Suffocation, Obituary, Nocturnus AD, Krisiun, Kataklysm, Kalmah and Hour Of Penance more than Behemoth.

And yes i know that most of them aren't straight death metal, but neither is Behemoth.
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

They've been doing their thing for a lot longer than most bands even similar to them, and better for the most part.

And for the record I love some of Behemoth's music, they're about even in terms of personal preference for me.

In a genre filled with shit like Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom, and In Flames, thats not saying much. Melodeath sucks for the most part, and Amon Amarth are not one of the bands that I point out as an exception. And who gives a fuck how long they've been around? You can still write generic music. Amon Amarth has been writing the same album for the past 15 years. You're honestly telling me you think their last couple records were something new to you?

Melodeath sucks for the most part
    I disagree, but that's beside the point.

And who gives a fuck how long they've been around? You can still write generic music. Amon Amarth has been writing the same album for the past 15 years. You're honestly telling me you think their last couple records were something new to you?
    I just don't think it's fair to call a band "generic" when the reason they seem that way is because of the hundreds of similar bands to follow after them.

And I think Deciever Of The Gods was much better than Surter Rising, and nearly as good as Twlilight Of The Thunder God.

inb4lists
    edited January 2014

I personally enjoy Origin, Revocation, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Arsis, Obscura, Gorguts, Broken Hope, Unleashed, Suffocation, Obituary, Nocturnus AD, Krisiun, Kataklysm, Kalmah and Hour Of Penance more than Behemoth.

And yes i know that most of them aren't straight death metal, but neither is Behemoth.

Behemoth's last few records have leaned more towards straight death metal....

And out of those bands right now I'd only take Gorguts and Obscura over Behemoth. Revocation isnt really straight death metal enough to be included in the conversation.

And live? I'd take Behemoth. 0.

And out of those bands right now I'd only take Gorguts and Obscura over Behemoth.
    Ok....?
    inb4lists
    I haven't seen Behemoth live so I can't really argue about that, I'm sure they're great live, though.

I'd rather go see Fleshgod Apocalypse headline live than see Behemoth right now, it's just about personal preference.

inb4lists

And who gives a fuck how long they've been around? You can still write generic music. Amon Amarth has been writing the same album for the past 15 years. You're honestly telling me you think their last couple records were something new to you?
    I just don't think it's fair to call a band "generic" when the reason they seem that way is because of the hundreds of similar bands to follow after them.

And I think Deciever Of The Gods was much better than Surter Rising, and nearly as good as Twlilight Of The Thunder God.

You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with other bands. It has to do with Amon Amarth writing uninspired music that sounds far too similar to their previous release. Other than Slayer, I cant think of a band that sticks to one particular formula for so long. And lets be real here, Amon Amarth is no Slayer. Hell, at least Slayer switched it up a bit in Seasons.

Other than Slayer, I cant think of a band that sticks to one particular formula for so long.
    Meshuggah
    inb4lists

It has to do with Amon Amarth writing uninspired music that sounds far too similar to their previous release.
    For you, yes. It might still be totally inspiring to someone else.

I personally have enjoyed AA's last several albums, I don't think they have a single "bad" record. And yes I also agree that AA's newer music isn't all that special in midst of the dozens and dozens of great releases to come out the last 3 or 4 years, but it's completely Amon Amarth, you know what you're getting into when you buy a new album of theirs. And i like that, sometimes.
    inb4lists
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    SATAN said:

Fuck some pussy ass melodeath :-q

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    AmOn Amarth puts out the same album every year but they're def fun live in a smaller setting

Behemoth to me is just one of those bands where no song ever stands out.. All the songs are ok but I've never heard a song where I was like damn that song kills.. I like memorable riffing too and I can't remember a single riff that stands out.. That being said I'd still love to see them live

As a whole

Behemoth > aa
    I forget the title, but the opening track to Evangelion is sick as fuck.
    inb4lists
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    The fact that you can't even remember the name of the song isn't promising..
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,709 spicy boy
    Eschaton?

I honestly dont listen to much Behemoth. They're cool, just never really got big on them.

I would argue they are just as gimicky and repetitive as Amon Amarth though. I just like AA's gimmick and sound better.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Sculpting the Throne ov Seth
    Demigod
    Conquer All
    Mysterium Coniunctionis (Hermanubis)
    XUL
    Slaves Shall Serve
    Slaying the Prophets ov Isa
    Prometherion
    At the Left Hand ov God
    Christgrinding Avenue
    Diamonos
    Shemhamforash
    Ov Fire and the Void
    Alas, Lord Is Upon Me

All great songs
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

I have to ask.. I know you just got an interview with Nocturnus, but are you really familiar with them other than the last few days of checking them out due to getting an interview? I just don't see a fan of theirs prior to them starting to do shows again referring to them under the name they're being forced to play as in Nocturnus AD. I know it is a generalization, but typically newbies to bands refer them to names they're given due to legal reasons as opposed to what they really are. It's as stupid as calling Ghost as Ghost BC or calling Pungent Stench as The Church Of Pungent Stench.
    What happened with the Pungent Stench thing? Where there really 2 Pungent Stenchs?
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2014
    It's not all original members, so they messed with the name to be safe.

"We hereby inform you that after a 6 year break PUNGENT STENCH are back in business, again!

Original composer, vocalist and guitarist El Cochino (Martin Schirenc) has once again beaten the odds by re-animating the filthy kings of odor, and is joined by his henchmen Danny Vacuum (Genocide SS, The Accidents) on bass & vocals and
    Mike G. Mayhem (Hollenthon) on drums.

Due to possible legal bullshit regarding the use of the name “Pungent Stench”, the re-born triumvirate from Vienna/Austria will perform all future shows under the banner: “THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH’

Fans will finally get what they’re asking for, throughout the years: An old school set list including some rare and even never played before material, such as tracks from the 1989 split LP with Disharmonic Orchestra, as well as classic smash hits from their first three albums!

The band is highly motivated and will play its first official show on Friday, 13th December 2013 at the Eindhoven Metal Meeting in The Netherlands. That day, THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH will perform together with other highly appreciated artistes such as Napalm Death, Brutal Truth, Vomitory, Watain, Belphegor, Tiamat and Carpathian Forest.

Smell you later,

THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH"