Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

the discussion on what's in the tours thread thread

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    fuck im heated. that was one of my most anticipated shows of the summer. 
    I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited March 2017
    They're postponing it until they can get the right paperwork, you made it sound like they were flat out cancelling as a political statement or something lol. Still sucks.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Despite what you think, its not really a new thing. The U.S. has had brutal paper policies for touring bands for years. Many a band was turned away during Obama's presidency too. It has to do with the way we give out work visas for bands. 

Interestingly enough, other countries are sick of our shit, and are now turning away touring U.S. bands overseas now too. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Yeah I've seen many a band cancel a tour due to visa issues. Definitely not new but damn it why this fucking band!?!?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Superjoint and Battlecross are touring :-?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Superjoint and Battlecross are touring :-?
    Theyve been touring. 

Phil even joined Battlecross when they played Fucking Hostile in Michigan
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Hoping Slowdive plays SF after FYF
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    they seem to hit the major cities only, so Id say thats likely.
    I love winning with women
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh look, the day after I talk shit about Harpo's, a tour I would go see is announced at Harpo's. Fuck. :-&&&&&&
    After seeing a influx of shows getting booked at that shithole I've come to find out that the original owner of Blondies bought the venue and is in the process of making major renovations and improvements to the place. I'm kinda curious to see what is actually done, but I don't see myself venturing into that warzone unless it is some ungodly stacked bill that needs to be seen.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Yeah iv never ventured to that part of detroit but considering google maps doesn't even have a street view id imagine its pretty bad over there. 
    Oh look, the day after I talk shit about Harpo's, a tour I would go see is announced at Harpo's. Fuck. :-&&&&&&
    After seeing a influx of shows getting booked at that shithole I've come to find out that the original owner of Blondies bought the venue and is in the process of making major renovations and improvements to the place. I'm kinda curious to see what is actually done, but I don't see myself venturing into that warzone unless it is some ungodly stacked bill that needs to be seen.
    That's really good news if true, because it needs it bad, starting with the sound system and that fucking wall. But yeah, the area is still a major part of the problem. If they were able to turn those fields they use for parking into legit lots, that would be a help.
    That's really good news if true, because it needs it bad, starting with the sound system and that fucking wall. But yeah, the area is still a major part of the problem. If they were able to turn those fields they use for parking into legit lots, that would be a help.
    From what I've seen the security and parking is definitely one of the main things getting addressed haha
    :-? I will remain skeptical but that's definitely good to hear. I'd rather that place not be a shithole and my last experience there was so awful.
    What happened? With that place anything's possible it seems.
    Venue pulled the plug on the show halfway through the opening band's set on the grounds of some bullshit ticket sales excuse. If you're going to do that, do it before the show starts. Also heard stories from various bands about staff treating their gear like shit. The vibe inside that place was just as bad as the vibe outside.
    Yep sounds like Harpos alright. I've heard stories of them doing that at multiple shows in the past. And yeah the horror stories regarding bands that actually play shows there is never ending it seems.
    Stoked as fuck for a Taake date! Last tour they ended up cancelling the Michigan date for some reason I can't recall any longer.