Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

the discussion on what's in the tours thread thread

Comments

• Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,813 spicy boy
    Goatwhore?

I mean neither band go on stage in masks performing like its mass, but last time I saw Goatwhore they were in jeans and t-shirts and made no mention of religion
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So apocalyptic havok was not played even though its thier most popular song? Not only that the song features a line that is as some would say is just reaching out to the teen angst crowd.

Its pretty stupid if you think all bandd should just wear jeans and a t shirt
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,591 spicy boy
  • Options
    mrAPE said:

So apocalyptic havok was not played even though its thier most popular song? Not only that the song features a line that is as some would say is just reaching out to the teen angst crowd.

Its pretty stupid if you think all bandd should just wear jeans and a t shirt

I think you're just getting your jimmies rustled cuz you like Ghost. I'm not a gigantic Goatwhore fan, so I had to google the lyrics to that song. Don't recognize it and I don't see what the big deal is. I saw them with High on Fire in '03 or '04 and I'm not even sure if that song was out. Regardless, I don't see Goatwhore (or Behemoth) selling dildos with the Pope's head on them
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    My jimmies aren't rustled it was just the comment you made was so retarded I had to say something. Slipknot and ghost are nothing a like and I used the reasons you give why you don't like them to relate to someone you do. If you don't like the band I don't really care just say that instead.

You act like every band has to follow the same formula so I ask what is wrong with dressing up or having a stage show seeing as it is for entertainment purposes? Its like the people who bitch about mastodon or slayer standing in place automatically making them boring.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Options
    Im not even a big ghost fan. I got the newest cd and thought it was interesting compared yo what I've been listening too lately and are one of few bands I've never seen live.
  • Options
    OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I listened to the first ghost album about 20 times and then suddenly lost 99% of interest in it
    I love winning with women
  • Options
    MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    They just posted on facebook that that isn't legit and it's fraud
  • Options
    OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    well look at that...
    I love winning with women
  • Options
    mrAPE said:

My jimmies aren't rustled it was just the comment you made was so retarded I had to say something. Slipknot and ghost are nothing a like and I used the reasons you give why you don't like them to relate to someone you do. If you don't like the band I don't really care just say that instead.

You act like every band has to follow the same formula so I ask what is wrong with dressing up or having a stage show seeing as it is for entertainment purposes? Its like the people who bitch about mastodon or slayer standing in place automatically making them boring.

I'm still not seeing what's so retarded about what I said. They do dress in masks like Shitknot. They do play watered down metal (if you can even call it that) like Shitknot. They bait Christians like Shitknot. And they are benefiting greatly in terms of popularity because of these things. I guess I'm pretty retarded to notice this. Shitknot was an easy reference, but combining negative Christian imagery with vanilla music is nothing new with overrated "metal" bands. Manson does it. So does Disturd. So *did* Motley Crue and KISS. It's an easy gimmick. And I choose to leave out heavier bands because a) most of them don't even dream of stardom due to the extreme nature of their music and b) it's just not shocking in a metal setting to be satanic. Pop metal bands prosper because their music is so watered down that they can win fans when they're playing in front of bands like Pearl Jam because their music isn't very threatening. You will never see Behemoth or Goatwhore on Big Day Out.

Ghost thrives on their satanic imagery. Look at this:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2013/07/ghost_bc--feature.php

Shits gay. The writer barely mentions their music, almost focusing entirely on their image and...things peripheral to their music. And that's what kind of band they are.

It's funny how this debate has essentially answered my own question. I now see how they keep getting the opportunities they're getting. I just think it sucks
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,551 spicy boy
    What about the band Portal :-?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    I get you dont like them but I think your comparisons are bad and especially bad given that you give "extreme" bands a pass.
    You site that them using an image is what you dont like and you used to the link to show the guy talks more about image than music, but you're using that same image to put them down more so instead of the music.
  • Options
    No. I've stated very plainly that their music sucks
  • Options
    Satan [-X

Anyway concert and ghost related.
    Some know this I used to like deftones saw them live and they were so bad live I haven't wanted to see or listen to them since. The songs that come on the radio make me cringe they are so bad ( poltergeist, one for the butcher) ill keep an open mind at the avenged show and hope the songs I do like are at least good.
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,591 spicy boy
    deftones were garbage at knotfest
  • Options
    GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I didn't get into Deftones until last year. They killed it at Orion, the only time I saw a full set from them.
    image Photobucket