Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wake's paragraphs of doom

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

Good for you, captain righteous.

you can't make me feel bad for doing the right thing.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

When i call someone a faggot, its more comparable to saying idiot or douchebag than homosexual

How about try calling them a douchebag or an idiot instead. If that is really what you are trying to call them, get to the point. There is no reason to continue using the terms as a negative thing. There isnt anything wrong with being gay.
    No one is saying there is? You really need to change your tampon. Its not as big of a deal as you are making it out to be.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I call my mexican best friend racial slang words all the time. He laughs, and then calls me a whiteboy or gringo or something, and I laugh.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

Personally, I think the longer we consider those words to be disgustingly offensive the longer they'll stay disgustingly offensive. The more people say words like fag, dyke, gay, and the rest the more it takes away from the word. And also, it's ridiculous to say that I can't use those words while simultaneously being a supporter of equal rights. As long as I'm not directly using those words to offend LGBT people, i think it's fine. Especially on a message.

By that same logic, it is okay to call your white friend a nigger. Would you agree? I mean as long as you are not calling a black person a nigger, you are free to use that word all you want. If you don't agree with this, explain to me how it is any different. Do you call your white friends nigger? Why not?

And let me just say that my intent of this thread was not to try prevent hurtful name calling. My intent and stance is solely because I am tired of sexual orientation being a negative thing. When a kid grows up gay, a lot of the time he grows up feeling bad for who he is because society looks down on them. Because people drop those words all the time, and perhaps the word doesnt make them feel bad, but the implication behind it does. These words are the same hate that led people to walkouts and sit-ins over skin color. There is no difference.

Im not saying you can't be a supporter of equal rights and use those words. Im just saying you are a hypocrite for doing so. You're going to stand up and say you support everyone being treated equal, yet turn around and call people faggots as if being a homosexual is a bad thing.

Think about it.
    Firsty, yea, I've called all my friends a nigger at one point, and they all know I was kidding. And the thing is, I'm not calling anybody a faggot as of being homosexual is a bad thing. I'm using the word in completely different ways. I understand that some might find it offensive I if I know it offends somebody, I'll make an effort to not use it, but I think the more it's used casually to not offend one specific group, the sooner it will stop offending that one group.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I use fag and gay around my gay friends all the time. They give 0.

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    this thread iza fukkin ghay stfu faggotz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Firsty, yea, I've called all my friends a nigger at one point, and they all know I was kidding. And the thing is, I'm not calling anybody a faggot as of being homosexual is a bad thing. I'm using the word in completely different ways. I understand that some might find it offensive I if I know it offends somebody, I'll make an effort to not use it, but I think the more it's used casually to not offend one specific group, the sooner it will stop offending that one group.

Well I guess there is something to be said about consistency. Also nice to hear that you arent using the terms to be a implied slur against homosexuality, however I do believe more often than not it is being taken that way. Perhaps im wrong. I'd rather be safe, and do my part to making people not feel bad for how they were born.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

Well I guess there is something to be said about consistency. Also nice to hear that you arent using the terms to be a implied slur against homosexuality, however I do believe more often than not it is being taken that way. Perhaps im wrong. I'd rather be safe, and do my part to making people not feel bad for how they were born.
    hey mayne Buttpiracy iz wut it iz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I'm all for gay rights but wake you are being a fagz.....hell I work with 2 gay guys ( they have different partners) and we call them the KY jelly brothers.....if the word fag bothers you then please gtfo the Internet
    I asked my black friend at work why they don't sell watermelon at KFC the other day =))
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

I think it is hypocritical for people to say they are in support of equal rights for gays, yet turn around and call someone a faggot on a message board.

That's because you're a fucking faggot
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

I'm all for gay rights but wake you are being a fagz.....hell I work with 2 gay guys ( they have different partners) and we call them the KY jelly brothers.....if the word fag bothers you then please gtfo the Internet

The word doesnt bother me. I am actually not phased by the word in the least, just as someone using the word nigger also doesnt phase me. Someone calling me a faggot doesnt hurt my feelings. I have no emotional attachment to any of the words.

Im just saying I personally am no longer going to use that word. They are words that IMHO continue to spread the belief that being a homosexual is a negative thing. You don't agree? okay. You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine. And my opinion is that the words cast homosexuality as a negative thing, which is something I don't agree with, and as such will stop using the terms in that manor.

You are free to have your own opinion on it though. I give 0 fucks whatever you decide.

I asked my black friend at work why they don't sell watermelon at KFC the other day =))

I mean yeah... that's pretty racist. Good job? meh, not really a fan of being a bigot or a racist, but to each his own.
    Well I don't say nigger....I don't really feel right saying it...but that might be out of fear of getting my ass kicked...ain't no faggot kicking my ass
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Come off your high fucking horse dude

I'm a full supporter of both marriage equality and equal rights. I know what I say might offend some people but that's life. People with your own unique brand of judgement just make it even better
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Xenocide said:

Come off your high fucking horse dude

I don't believe I am superior, but wanted to speak out for what I thought was right. When others are more comfortable remaining voiceless, I decided I'd rather speak out in support of equal treatment. It's one way I plan on showing support for the cause... You are free to make your own decisions and use words however you see fit. As I said, it doesnt impact me personally, as I am not a homosexual.