Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wake's paragraphs of doom

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
I want to get something off my chest that has been bothering me. And I realize that this post will result in jokes and people not taking it serious, however I still want to say it because it might also inspire positive change in couple people just as it has inspired positive change in me.

I think it is hypocritical for people to say they are in support of equal rights for gays, yet turn around and call someone a faggot on a message board.... Or when talking about something that you hate saying "Man that's gay". If you really supported equal rights for homosexuals than you would stop letting gay be synonymous with lower standard of life. You would stop using it as a derogatory term. I am not talking to those that are bigots and actually believe homosexuals are shouldn't have the same rights as heterosexuals. Bigots and Racists can just GTFO because we havent invented a cure for stupidity yet. Im only talking to those that are for equal rights, but think there is no real harm in using the term as a slur. Yes... there is harm. The harm comes from perpetuating that belief that they are of a lower worth. And maybe saying that term doesn't cause you to really think less of homosexuals, however your words will cause others who might not be as smart as you, to actually believe it. The change can't come from some law to make things right, it has to come from you.

And before anyone says it... Yeah I know i've probably called several people here a faggot in the past. And you know what? I was wrong. but I wont be using that term in that way anymore.

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Now we will call everything wake. Shut up you fucking wake.
    image Photobucket
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Wakeot
    Wake
    Wakeosexual
    image Photobucket
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2013

fag is also another word for cigarette
    gay also means happy

these are just words that have multiple meanings and unfortunately some of them are derogatory.
    some homosexuals take offense to the words, some could care less.

exactly just like not all black people take offense at the word nigger, however that doesnt justify using the word though.

I am fully aware that the terms have multiple meanings, however when someone is calling another person a faggot on a message board, they don't mean they are a bundle of wood. They are using the term to call them a homosexual with the implied understanding that a homosexual is of a lessor quality human.

All im saying is if you truly do support homosexuals being treated as an equal, then you personally should stop using the term in a derogatory manor. The word being used in a derogatory way will never fully disappear, however if you want change then you can start with the one place you can have an impact with.... Yourself.

That's all im saying. I don't care if others want to be a Bigot, just as I dont care if others want to be a racist. I believe neither is a right, and I can at least stand up for what I believe in. Which is equal rights for all no matter what you skin color, sexual orientation, religion, or nationality is.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Are your panties in a bunch. The gay people I know laugh off just about everything except for dyke. Think of it this way if a gay dude calls you a breeder does it upset you? No. Same way if you call a gay a faggot or fag they are usually like, no shit.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Three things you should never say in a gay bar....

"Can I push in your stool?"
    "Can I bum a fag?"
    "Buggar me!"
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Personally, I think the longer we consider those words to be disgustingly offensive the longer they'll stay disgustingly offensive. The more people say words like fag, dyke, gay, and the rest the more it takes away from the word. And also, it's rificulous to say that I can't use those words while simultaneously being a supporter of equal rights. As long as I'm not directly using those words to offend LGBT people, i think it's fine. Especially on a message.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

I want to get something off my chest that has been bothering me. And I realize that this post will result in jokes and people not taking it serious, however I still want to say it because it might also inspire positive change in couple people just as it has inspired positive change in me.

I think it is hypocritical for people to say they are in support of equal rights for gays, yet turn around and call someone a faggot on a message board.... Or when talking about something that you hate saying "Man that's gay". If you really supported equal rights for homosexuals than you would stop letting gay be synonymous with lower standard of life. You would stop using it as a derogatory term. I am not talking to those that are bigots and actually believe homosexuals are shouldn't have the same rights as heterosexuals. Bigots and Racists can just GTFO because we havent invented a cure for stupidity yet. Im only talking to those that are for equal rights, but think there is no real harm in using the term as a slur. Yes... there is harm. The harm comes from perpetuating that belief that they are of a lower worth. And maybe saying that term doesn't cause you to really think less of homosexuals, however your words will cause others who might not be as smart as you, to actually believe it. The change can't come from some law to make things right, it has to come from you.

And before anyone says it... Yeah I know i've probably called several people here a faggot in the past. And you know what? I was wrong. but I wont be using that term in that way anymore.

fukkin WORDZ [-(

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

Personally, I think the longer we consider those words to be disgustingly offensive the longer they'll stay disgustingly offensive. The more people say words like fag, dyke, gay, and the rest the more it takes away from the word. And also, it's ridiculous to say that I can't use those words while simultaneously being a supporter of equal rights. As long as I'm not directly using those words to offend LGBT people, i think it's fine. Especially on a message.

By that same logic, it is okay to call your white friend a nigger. Would you agree? I mean as long as you are not calling a black person a nigger, you are free to use that word all you want. If you don't agree with this, explain to me how it is any different. Do you call your white friends nigger? Why not?

And let me just say that my intent of this thread was not to try prevent hurtful name calling. My intent and stance is solely because I am tired of sexual orientation being a negative thing. When a kid grows up gay, a lot of the time he grows up feeling bad for who he is because society looks down on them. Because people drop those words all the time, and perhaps the word doesnt make them feel bad, but the implication behind it does. These words are the same hate that led people to walkouts and sit-ins over skin color. There is no difference.

Im not saying you can't be a supporter of equal rights and use those words. Im just saying you are a hypocrite for doing so. You're going to stand up and say you support everyone being treated equal, yet turn around and call people faggots as if being a homosexual is a bad thing.

Think about it.
    mrAPE said:

Are your panties in a bunch. The gay people I know laugh off just about everything except for dyke. Think of it this way if a gay dude calls you a breeder does it upset you? No. Same way if you call a gay a faggot or fag they are usually like, no shit.

Curious... why do the gay people you know get offended at Dyke but not at the others? In truth I have only one friend (that I know of) that is openly gay. And although I think he is a cool guy, I dont really hang out with him much due to how busy I am with school and work and family. And when I do hang out with him, we never talk about stuff like this.

they're just words.

start calling all your white friends nigger then. It's just a word. Nothing harmful about that, right?

I think you're being too sensitive about words.

Not really. Im not the one who is directly impacted by these words. I just started feeling hypocritical about using that word and being a supporter of gay rights. Im just drawing a line in the sand for me personally. You are free to be a bigot, don't let me stop you.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    All my gay friends call each other faggots and say "that's gay" and stuff like that. They don't care :-??

When i call someone a faggot, its more comparable to saying idiot or douchebag than homosexual

How about try calling them a douchebag or an idiot instead. If that is really what you are trying to call them, get to the point. There is no reason to continue using the terms as a negative thing. There isnt anything wrong with being gay.

And my "white friends" will laugh like they do with any insult. You really are just being too sensitive. These really are just words and if people like you would stop preaching about how horrible these words are, they would cease to be recognized as the scum of the english language.

I disagree. It's not people standing up for equal rights that continue to make the word an insult. It's people using the word negatively that continue to make it a negative thing.

Bottom line is this - You wont be hearing me using those words. That is all there is to it.