Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

"Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world...

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

Precisely why I've always vowed never to allow myself to be in a long-distance relationship, shit is damn near impossible. I'm not only talking about meeting people off the net either, just constantly having to spend a long amount of time away from each other would be too much.

I did two years of my undergraduate degree at UW, and then transferred to WSU to do the last two years. At the time I had this gf that I was madly in love with. We had been together for over a year, and we had talked about me changing schools. We were going to see each other every two weeks for the next two years, and after graduation move in together and make it serious. We lasted all of about a month and a half. :|

Im sure you and your gf will be fine. a month away from each other isnt that bad. Not really enough time to accidentally fall in love with someone else.
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    Jacob and I are doing just fine. It can work, but it's not easy by any means.
    Lea said:

Yeah, I've never said it is impossible, the odds are just not in your favor. I personally believe that if you are going to do a long distance relationship, then you should both agree on a deadline for how long it will last, and do not allow deviation from that deadline. It seems to me that there should be a very good reason for the distance (ie... school), and the very moment that reason is done the distance should be over. Just my opinion though
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

Im sure you and your gf will be fine. a month away from each other isnt that bad. Not really enough time to accidentally fall in love with someone else.

Oh yeah, no doubt. For the record I'm not trying to say that a month is going to be hard on us (hell I'll probably enjoy it for the first week). Just makes me realize how difficult it would be to go 4, 5, 6 times that amount of time before seeing each other for only a week or two before the cycle starts over. Don't know if it'd be worth keeping that kind of relationship going.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lea said:

Bianca said this too. =))

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Wake with tru fax
    imageimage

Wake with tru fax

Should we tell them? I mean it's been 4 months since the break....
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

also... again assuming this isnt a troll- I'd wager good money on the events disclosed in this thread not being the cause of the breakup. As I said two years ago, long distances relationships are almost impossible to have success with. When you are dating long distance, it is really difficult to not just love the idea of who that person could be. And then it is very easy to start feeling lonely, unappreciated, and just fall out of love with the person. I'd guess in this case, Bianca just realized that she didnt love Alex the way she thought she had. It's not Bianca's fault her feelings changed, nor is it Alex's. This is just what happens often times with long distance relationships. It happens often times with non-long distance relationships too.

Banplz.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shield95 said:

Lea said:

Bianca said this too. =))

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Long distance is also monumentally easier when you've already been with the person for a a while close distance. I spent a year in a different state then my wife and had we not already been together for 3 years i dunno if i could have done it.
    Considering the type of relationship you have with your wife, I think that lends itself to being able to handle long distance relationships better. Jealously for example is a big killer of Long-D relationships, however open relationships have typically dealt with any potential jealously issues.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    you do have a good point, Jealousy is almost nonexistent in my relationship.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    i almost didnt stick around =))
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    SNERT said:

i almost didnt stick around =))

I left for a good ten months. Switched browsers on my computer and forgot it existed.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Who the hell is Snert?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies