Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

"poor lil' tink tink" killed his girlfriend

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    LOOT said:

rexum420 said:

There's people who want to watch Golf in the Olympics said no one ever

Actually I said it...golf is an extremely challenging sport...hitting a golf ball and hitting a baseball well are probably the two hardest things to do in sports
    I had this argument with my friend when I was wasted once and I was legit getting pissed. He was trying to tell me that hitting a 90 mph fastball isn't hard.
    Hard yes. But I wouldn't call it the hardest thing in sports. I'd have better luck trying a face a MLB pitcher than stepping into a cage with Anderson Silva. A golf ball just sits there, it isn't trying to kill you. It isn't a 2,000 lb bull where you are considered a success if you held on to it for 8 seconds and didn't get impaled. Golf and baseball take great technique, but that technique gets applied under easy and consistent circumstances and not much pressure. You're fairly safe in the batters box. Put some skates on them, give them all sticks to carry, and let them beat the hell out of each other when the ball is coming at them, and now you have a difficult and exciting sport to play, and we call it hockey.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Golf and baseball take great technique, but that technique gets applied under easy and consistent circumstances and not much pressure.

:|
    There would be a lot more pressure in golf if you had to hit the ball before you got ran over by a golf cart. But no, it just sits there, and all you have to do is whack it less times than somebody else did. Nobody is there trying to stop you from doing anything.
    I would admire a guys ability to hit a golf ball more if he could do it while someone was trying to check him.
    A golf ball may just be sitting there... But the amount of mental focus it takes to hit it with consistency...by saying they were the hardest thing to do in sports I wasn't referring to just the physical aspect. I don't get where you think the circumstances are easy and consistent. the circumstances are less consistent in baseball/golf then mma fighting where it's a controlled environment. Just because its more physical doesn't make it more challenging
    rexum420 said:

I don't get where you think the circumstances are easy and consistent. the circumstances are less consistent in baseball/golf then mma fighting where it's a controlled environment.

The ball is in the grass. You take you club, take a deep breath, do your mental calculations in your head, make you plan, take a practice swing, then step up and hit the ball at you leisure. The ball isn't going to do anything crazy, like kick you in the face before you hit it. It's not trying to stop you from hitting it. You are free to try to do what you want to it with no resistance. It's all pretty controlled, like throwing a football though a tire at practice. The physical and mental pressure to get the ball off perfectly before the defense comes and kills you just isn't there. Having to move, rush, counter an opponent, and avoid getting decimated all while still trying to do what you wanted while overcoming difficulties adds many more layers of difficulty to it. If you miss the baseball, of have a bad round of golf, no biggie, you can clear your head and try again. You can't just walk up and hit a fighter. Think about the takedown before throwing the leg kick. Keeps you hands up. Look out for the head kick. Use angles to close the distance before you can strike. Watch the clinch, don't get sub'ed. It's harder to do what you want to do when there are outside forces working to stop you from doing it. The slightest lapse in mental focus can cost you way more than a bad inning or round of golf.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

LOOT said:

rexum420 said:

There's people who want to watch Golf in the Olympics said no one ever

Actually I said it...golf is an extremely challenging sport...hitting a golf ball and hitting a baseball well are probably the two hardest things to do in sports
    I had this argument with my friend when I was wasted once and I was legit getting pissed. He was trying to tell me that hitting a 90 mph fastball isn't hard.
    maybe not in a batting cage when you know the pitch is gonna be damn nearly 100% accurate, right down the middle, but in a game with a pitcher who you know isn't as accurate as a machine is a different story
    Do it and get back to me :-| i bet you whiff every time
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Here's my issue with golf in the Olympics...

While it's a wonderful sport that does have enough of an international following, winning a gold medal in golf wouldn't mean nearly as much as winning something like The Masters. The highest achievement you can attain in wrestling is by far an Olympic medal. But golf? Nah. It's kinda like Olympic soccer.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited February 2013
    golf is weird, if you have a golf tournament in the olympics it doesnt necessarily mean that that is the best golfer in the world.. even when tiger was dominating he would have bad rounds and lose.. its not a type of sport where you can have it in three days and then say well i won so im the best golfer.. its not that kind of sport
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    ...or baseball or basketball...
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    basketball you can at least have a tournament.. play a bunch of games so its at least more close to who is the best.. golf just has too many variables.. a golfer who is 165 ranked could win a tourney.. a bball team who is 156 th ranked country in the world aint winning dick lol
    Also for the

Here's my issue with golf in the Olympics...

While it's a wonderful sport that does have enough of an international following, winning a gold medal in golf wouldn't mean nearly as much as winning something like The Masters. The highest achievement you can attain in wrestling is by far an Olympic medal. But golf? Nah. It's kinda like Olympic soccer.

Well in that case lets remove soccer,hockey and basketball
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Hockey and basketball? :-?
    Well considering juice didn't start to really become a problem till the late 90's at the very most a handful of players. Roids are not only around in baseball they are a problem in every sport
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    >"Problem."
    >Lol.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    If you can't play sports without steroids, youre a fucking pussy. Plain and simple.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    If you take steroids for Golf then you just need to lay the clubs down and step away
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm a fan of the Giants and I think that players like Bonds, Bernard, etc. should all never be in a record book, and I hope that Bonds, McGwire, Sosa and all of them shouldn't sniff the Hall. If you've ever been to Cooperstown, they basically put all of those guys from the classic days, and players like Bonds, etc. all ran the risk of not being put on that pedestal for their performance by taking steroids, and they all knew it. Fuck them. Fuck the entire era. I'd be fine if there were 0 inductees between the 1995 and 2010. 100% fine with it.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So all the other black eye eras are okay like racism and players doing cocaine in the club house but steroids is where you draw the line? Look I understand its bullshit these players used something to enhance their game but if they are being snubbed so should all of the other players that took part in bad eras in baseball. Bonds would have been a hall of famer before the steroids and that seems to be the case for most of them. I don't think steroids are okay or good in fact I think it's bullshit but you really should look more into baseball history before saying they shouldn't be in.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • TyrantTyrant Posts: 2,850 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I am 100% with Daniel Tosh on the topic of steroids.