Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah they some hoes for that one
    Really makes you appreciate something like breaking bad that ended perfectly. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Eh apples and oranges though. Breaking Bad wasn't juggling 10 storylines and dozens  and dozens of characters for 6 seasons (very well) before shitting the bed in the last 2 seasons it sounds like.

Breaking Bad is the better show but it pretty much only focuses on Walt and Jesse throughout the show. Mike, Gus, and some other characters get arcs but they are much shorter arcs than GOT and usually still revolves around the main plot somehow. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Breaking Bad also had one showrunner calling the shots who knew what he was doing. D&D when they got off of GRRM's written path decided to just make it all a spectacle. Worked well for The Winds of Winter and The Battle of the Bastards, and that's about it.

Still can't get over how they thought The Battle of Winterfell was gonna impress Disney enough to let them make another Star Wars trilogy. It fucking sucked lmao
    Yeah the Battle of Bastards was fucking amazing. One of the best scenes in fantasy film ever. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    edited March 2021
    Pretty good. One big thing that irks me: do they explain better in the books how The Iron Fleet pulled 1000 ships out of their ass? Theon and his sister stole all the ships and they just magically made a shit ton more. It felt cheap. 

The show is ahead of the books in that regard. But yes, those details are what George excellent at. Army on the move and what that actually entails, the effects on the land etc.

Book Theon has 2 older brothers. The show kinda mashed them together. Eurion Crow’s Eye is a very mysterious creepy af pirate wizard and the other is a big dumb fucking brute (I fucking love him! In a world where it takes chapter after chapter of waiting for shit to happen, Victarion is a fucking bulldozer lol. He gets shit done) After Stannis sails away from Kings Landing, the small council commissions a fleet of massive warships to be built for them. There is also a bad ass Northern house that builds a fleet. They barely got a mention in the show and it’s a shame, because Lord Manderly served up some of the best revenge in the book. The north remembers. 

Hopefully the show leads you to the books.  (Hopefully the books get finished)

They just have so many more layers to them. 

The Mountain is a solid 8 feet tall. 
    Tyrion looks like an ugly little troll with miss matched eyes and his nose gets cut off. 
    The direwolves are way bigger and more prominent. 
    The Dornish plot makes actually makes sense. 

All the threads weave together so much tighter. The show basically hit you over the head and had little to none of the subtitles. You piece together news bits and pieces every time you go through them. 
    Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited March 2021
    Yeah thats true. Bad example i guess but it seems like a lot of long running shows ever leave you feeling satisfied. 

That was one of the ones i could think of. 
    jobe out here simmping for victarion when it's heavily implied in the books that he raped euron as a kid
    Yeah thats true. Bad example i guess but it seems like a lot of long running shows ever leave you feeling satisfied. 

That was one of the ones i could think of. 
    True Detective S1 and S3 are up there but they're really a miniseries so they had it easier
    Also every season of Fargo is absolutely top notch
    Can we address the fact that when they switched the actor for The Mountain nobody cared that The Hound's "older" brother suddenly was 20 years younger than him
    The recasting of Khaleesi's boy toy mercenary dude made me laugh. They look absolutely nothing alike lmao
    edited March 2021
    Xeno said:
    jobe out here simmping for victarion when it's heavily implied in the books that he raped euron as a kid

Incorrect. 

Euron Crows Eye assaulted Aeron Damphair. The rusty hinge. 

Victarion assaults the dusky woman on his ship, who may or may not be a warg of Euron. He’s not a good person lol. He just gets shit done. 

That was fucking awful. Jesus christ those last 2 episodes were fucking awful. I expected it, i knew it was coming. I knew the "hype" around its awfulness, and i was still shocked at how awful it was. God damn. 
    Reading through this thread for the memes and holy fuck Sarspid named her kid Khaleesi =))))))))))))))))))))) 
    So many people did. 
    Fucking oof. 

I also know 2 kids named Anakin. They knew how the story ended and they still did it lol. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    So many people did. 
    Fucking oof. 

I also know 2 kids named Anakin. They knew how the story ended and they still did it lol. 
    Tbf Leia and Han named their second son Anakin too lmaooo 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Arya: Be careful Jon. I know a killer when i see one.

Wow you mean the woman who you just watched murder A MILLION PEOPLE MIGHT BE DANGEROUS GEE IDK

A+ emmy winning level writing there folks. 

Shout to the homie Theon doe. One of the only satisfying arcs in the whole shit show of a season
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Shout to the homie Theon doe. One of the only satisfying arcs in the whole shit show of a season
    He was my favorite character in the entire show.