Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Giant Squid caught on film for the first time

1234568»

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What do you expect me to base my post on? Your word, or your past actions?

In the three years that you've been on this forum, you've had a new life dream for each of them. First you were the next great death metal drummer, then you were the next Kanye, now you're the next best body builder in the world. I mean, at what point do you expect people to think, "yeah. He's found his calling, man, that's it."

That's why it's so tough for people to take you seriously with this shit, because you never take it seriously long enough for it to matter.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Remind me when the Hip Hop shit died? Still rapping, just doing both. And I'm not focused on making bodybuilding a career, as in, I prolly won't compete. I just wanna be swole as fuck, and lifting's a huge part of my life. The only 1 of those 3 that's dead is playing Drums.
    Yeah, but you shift your focus too much. You know who's not taking long periods of time off from music? The next big artist. You talk so much about all this dedication, but it just seems to be fleeting.

That's why maturity is a question, because a lot of people sort of find their thing and do it. You seem to find your thing multiple times and temporarily do it. Y'know what I mean?
    It was a necessary break, get the fuck away from it for just a second, and enjoy other things, let creativity recharge. My writing was so fucking stale, and then I come back and write again after a small hiatus, and look what happened. Wrote the hottest shit I've written in fucking months. It did more good than bad IMO. Doesn't mean I ain't dedicated. If I wasn't, the lil hiatus would've been quitting, not a lil break away from it to recharge.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    you might need to swallow your pride and admit that your lack of social prowess will inhibit your progress as an mc, erik. even though i think your music sucks, i recognize there is a market for crap like that. i don't see you getting far though because you don't seem to know how to promote yourself properly. real talk
    Seriously, what good would it have been being stubborn and saying "NAH GOTTA WORK 24/7 NO BREAKS.", when my writing was so fucking stale? I was completely uninspired, and it was getting to a point where writing was a chore, and I was so disheartened by The Pilot flopping. Like I said, it was to the point that I wasn't even listening to Music PERIOD, not even my favorite artists. But now I'm slowly getting back to writing being exciting, hearing beats and going "I can't wait to go in on this.", etc. . It's the absolute definition of "Absence makes the heart grow fonder.". If I didn't truly love doing it, if it didn't make me happy, it wouldn't have been just a short break, there wouldn't have been a return. I woulda said fuck it.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Erik, let me get those links. Whenever there's a sharethread on /mu/ I'll post links to your soundcloud or datpiff or whatever. Also, I'm sure you have, but in the event you haven't, post and promote that shit on the hip-hop forum(s) you go on.
    edited January 2013
    you short-circuited at the most critical point though. most artists go on publicity sprees when their shit drops, trying to push it. you shut down and barely mentioned it after you didn't get the buzz you wanted.
    edited January 2013
    Episode said:

Seriously, what good would it have been being stubborn and saying "NAH GOTTA WORK 24/7 NO BREAKS."

A lot. Seriously. A lot.

I'm not saying that you have to write 24/7, but SATAN's right. The promotional aspect wasn't good. As a person who has only really worked hard at life for the last 3 years or so, I can tell you that hard work is sooooooooooooo much more important than talent. I've gotten further in the last 6 months than I though I could 2 years ago.
    specifically if you are interested in material shit instead of respect the way erik seems to be: work/promotion>>>>>talent
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Erik, as someone who likes your music, theyre right. You didnt market it enough. You shouldve been pushing it constantly both online and irl
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    MOAR SQUIDS! they just put this one up a couple days ago. they also put up working raw video which is even more hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sGK81jqfs
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep