Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Giant Squid caught on film for the first time

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited January 2013
    jag said:

NolaMetal said:

i love this site, instead of explaining just throw in a -_- or <_> . there we go much better

Elaboration has been neglected around these parts since the og forums. Writing multiple sentences means you're mad.
    its a conundrum
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited January 2013

NolaMetal said:

NolaMetal said:

you really think bugs even know they are alive?

...yes...

They're driven by instinct and don't have thought or emotion, but yeah, they totally are conscious.
    but to me that is what consciousness is.. to me being concious is not just being aware of your immediate surroundings.. idk..

and furthermore everything you explained about a bug can also be expalianed about a plant.. a plant can go through concrete to find it way to food (light) ect.

i just think at some point you just have to live your life. i kill a bug because it might contain a germ or disease that may harm me and i deem my life more valuable than a bugs.. i dont just kill things for the fun of it either.. there has to be a line where people can just live their life without having to feel bad for what its doing.. like i sadi i can totally understand why some people have a problem with the way animals are treated in the process of being prepared for food.. i think we need to actively work harder to make it a better process

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

It's surprising that you're so into Tool and still feel this way. Maynard talks about this in a ton of their lyrics

I don't really feel my choice in music needs to dictate my decisions on fashion or my diet. I understand there are a lot of goth angsty teens who hate conforming that would completely disagree with me. But the music I listen to doesnt tell me how I feel or think. I listen to bloodbath yet really have no desire to mass murder people and drink their blood. Weird I know.
    because not all music is meant to be taken literally.. i mean if music doesnt make you think or look at things differently then your doing it wrong
    edited January 2013

SATAN said:

It's surprising that you're so into Tool and still feel this way. Maynard talks about this in a ton of their lyrics

I don't really feel my choice in music needs to dictate my decisions on fashion or my diet. I understand there are a lot of goth angsty teens who hate conforming that would completely disagree with me. But the music I listen to doesnt tell me how I feel or think. I listen to bloodbath yet really have no desire to mass murder people and drink their blood. Weird I know.
    yeah, cuz that was totally my point 8-|
    just reading the wiki on consciousness is pretty fascinating..
    edited January 2013
    SATAN said:

SATAN said:

:)) your point wasnt obvious
    edited January 2013
    NolaMetal said:

because not all music is meant to be taken literally.. i mean if music doesnt make you think or look at things differently then your doing it wrong

I didnt say it doesnt cause thought. Hey I was taking your side asshole.
    lol Im the only one on my side !!! Me vs. the world

SATAN said:

SATAN said:

:)) your point wasnt obvious
    the point is more that nola should have already been introduced to this line of thinking. anyone that loves tool the way you guys claim should have been. it's 3/4 of what maynard is talking about; the inter-connection of us with each other and every other conscious being, being part of the same web of life
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    NolaMetal said:

just reading the wiki on consciousness is pretty fascinating..

The whole subject is quite fascinating
    imageimage
    Maynard is such a fag.
    Makes good music though. :))
    i respect the web of life but animals eating animals is part of the web of life

also ive never done acid lol
    Speaking of Animals eating animals... Animal planet is awesome \m/
    NolaMetal said:

i respect the web of life but animals eating animals is part of the web of life

i don't judge others for doing it, i just prefer not to do it myself. it bothers me to eat cut/ground up pieces of rotting flesh
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Rotting flesh is fantastic.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    edited January 2013

SATAN said:

it bothers me to eat cut/ground up pieces of rotting flesh

I thought you were true, brutal metal. Turns out you're just a lildikksimpozorphaggot [-(
    no way! i'm progressive black metal. wolves in the throne room style
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers