Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2013 Albums of The Year Thread

Comments

• jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

DL'd and listened. Its decent. not amazing or new. sounds like a raw Toxic Holocaust.

Well the description for the bundle package says: 10 tracks of raw and fuzzed out Rock & Roll / Metal / Punk in the vein of the first Bathory album, Motorhead as well as pretty reminiscent of the demo days of Toxic Holocaust (specifically the Critical Mass demo). If you are looking for over produced shit that passes as Metal today this is NOT for you!! Buy or Die!

So I'd say you're assessment is right, MC
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    lol yep. It kept reminding me of old Venom.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    You help the new Protest the Hero album
    Short Summary

Can you believe that we've been a band for 13 years and counting? We've finally decided to take matters into our own hands and want to raise money for the album directly from the people who have helped keep this band going all these years. In this time, we've release 3 full length albums, a live DVD/CD, as well as an EP and a 7 inch. We've toured all over the world (but still wanting to check off more destinations and visit more places) and pretty much lived and breathed this band as long as we've been in existence.

We are finally free from all obligations and want to be in control of our “careers”. In general, the record industry is backwards and we'd be stupid to renegotiate with anyone at this time. Crowdfunding seems to be something that's working. Whether or not this is the next thing for the music industry, it's a way that supporters of a band can know exactly where their hard earned dollars are going. No middlemen, no commissions, no bullshit.

What We Need & What You Get

Over the last couple months, we kept our ears to the ground, watched other people use this method and actually succeed. There have been many different approaches and fans of music are starting to understand this format, but it's lacking something. Bands and artists don't show you how the money gets spent.

We however, will account to you to show you how every penny is spent and prove that making a top notch record comes at a price. Who knows, if we exceed our goal we will be able to do things we may have only dreamed about. Essentially, the success of this campaign will determine how amazing this record will become. We are set up for Flex Funding which means if we don't reach our goal, we are still getting the money that is raised. So, if we don't reach our goal, we will have to reevaluate how we are planning to do this record. Regardless, we are ready to deliver this thing however our campaign plays out.

Remember, anything that is available through the perks is exclusive to the campaign. The CD Digipak, Gatefold Vinyl, and Tshirt are all one time offers. None of them will ever be printed again in this way.

http://www.indiegogo.com/protestthehero
    I'll prob at least do the t-shirt + CD
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Very tempted for post cards from Arif, but I'll probably end up doing the vinyl.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Keep calm and wait for Sempiternal by BMTH to come out.

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Simpeternal :-?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    1. Cult of Luna - Vertikal

Album was definitely good, but nothing fantastic. Here's to 13.
    I love winning with women
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Protest the Hero already has gotten over 130,000
    imageimage
    1. Rotten Sound – Species At War
    2. Joel Grind’s Yellowgoat – The Yellowgoat Sessions
    3. BABYMETAL – Ijime, Dame, Zettai

first three. lol... Fen is on my list to listen to next
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited January 2013
    gotta say PTH offered some pretty good options on their funding. Great opportunity for a fan with a shit ton of money. Hope someone gets them to cover Gangnam Style.

Edit- holy Shit. band salary per member per month - 833.33

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    first album I've been able to listen to this year

1. Mutiny Within-Synchronicity

Good album but honestly I don't think it'll make top 10 or maybe even top 15
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    800 a month is wayyy more than i make.. maybe they should donate to me for ever listening to their mediocre music
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    You make waayy less than 800 a month? Doyouevenwork?
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    so far i have the new mors pricipium est and Helloween. I dont see either of them sniffing the top 20 at this point ( at least i hope not)
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I liked the new Voivod.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    i heard a snippit of the new BMTH, it wasn't horrible
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

You make waayy less than 800 a month? Doyouevenwork?

i was thinking a week, damn they dont make shit..that sucks..idk if i buy that doe

• Count_FesterCount_Fester Posts: 7 salt miner
    edited January 2013
    i just got the new Rotten Sound is awesome for a ep.Also looking forward to the new Voivod,Suffocation,Deeds of FLesh,Portal,Soilwork also the new Black Sabbath as well.
    Dat Portal =P~