Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2013 Albums of The Year Thread

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    oh yeah I forgot Behemoth should be coming out with a new album this year
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I downloaded that Munity within album gonna listen later.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Defeated Sanity, Wormed, and Cloud Rat albums should be near the top of my list this year. If Gorguts successfully releases their album it will be ridiculous
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Also new Agoraphobic Nosebleed will be the top 4
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Plz ban Santana from posting his 2013 list after seeing his 2012 list.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i thought as kids got older their musical tastes progress a little.. not go backwards
    I'd rather not become another narrow minded metalhead elitist
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    There's good music thats not metal...however nothing on your list falls under that category.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    i never understood why elitism was an insult :-??
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited January 2013
    NolaMetal said:

ya us metal heads could never understand the genius and complexity of the new linkin park

I'm not saying it's a complex album. I think it's a great album yet I wouldn't consider it a revolutionary

There's good music thats not metal...however nothing on your list falls under that category.

and I'll respect your opinion on that but it's not going to stop me from listening to bands outside of metal that I enjoy, regardless of how shitty you believe it to be

i never understood why elitism was an insult :-??

I don't consider it much of an insult really but more of a warning as to how much criticism you can listen to from a person. I have an elitist friend (elitist about life in general) and it can get very aggravating when you're talking about something and they shoot down the entire discussion because whatever you're talking about isn't the best of the best. Like headphones for him have to be hundreds of dollars to be at least decent quality. Food has to be 5 star or chipotle. etc etc.

I just find elitism to be a very impeding and sad way to live life where you can't enjoy small things or things that are not complex
    Think of it less as being an elitist and more of having standards. I know people that are like "this is good, gonna put it on my ipod" and end up filling them up super fast. I'd rather only download (erm...buy) music that's good enough for me to want to listen to it at any given time. What's the point of clogging what you listen to with shit that's "pretty good" when you could be listening to shit that's way better.

"WHAT, YOU DON'T LIKE THE FACELESS?????"
    Also, "liking everything" is bullshit and lazy. Then you become like he who must not be named where every band from every style of music is your favorite band because you're super cool.
    Brian said:

Think of it less as being an elitist and more of having standards. I know people that are like "this is good, gonna put it on my ipod" and end up filling them up super fast. I'd rather only download (erm...buy) music that's good enough for me to want to listen to it at any given time. What's the point of clogging what you listen to with shit that's "pretty good" when you could be listening to shit that's way better.

"WHAT, YOU DON'T LIKE THE FACELESS?????"

understandable. I can agree with that point of view. I don't put music on my ipod that I think is just alright. I put music on it that I think I'll listen to and for the most part i listen to all of my music
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bitchmade elitist enforcing being narrow minded by limiting what we should and shouldnt listen to. 8-|