Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2013 Albums of The Year Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Santana said:

Brian said:

Think of it less as being an elitist and more of having standards. I know people that are like "this is good, gonna put it on my ipod" and end up filling them up super fast. I'd rather only download (erm...buy) music that's good enough for me to want to listen to it at any given time. What's the point of clogging what you listen to with shit that's "pretty good" when you could be listening to shit that's way better.

"WHAT, YOU DON'T LIKE THE FACELESS?????"

understandable. I can agree with that point of view. I don't put music on my ipod that I think is just alright. I put music on it that I think I'll listen to and for the most part i listen to all of my music
    I'm not necessarily going against your music, people can listen to whatever they want obviously. I just hate the whole "elitist" insult because I have to deal with that from friends of mine who have never moved past Summer Slaughter-level metal.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The Faceless be dem j00cy niggas ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I see it this way:

If I like it enough (if something is pretty good), I'll put it on my iPod because at some point, I'll feel like listening to it, and I'll dig it. I think it's stupid when people say things like "You're such a fucking faggot for listening to that, you're a fucking failure" and be completely serious about it.

But like Brian said, people who claim they like everything are just bullshitters. Or at least 99.99% of them.
    I love winning with women
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    what i hate the most is when pople like shitty music from like 4 different genres and think the like music 'variety'. no you just like shit music.. liking avenged sevenfold and also liking thrice is not variety.. actually look into genres that have actual talent in it the blues, jazz, folk, reggae, etc .. thats variety
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Korean drone noise neo-classical folk or GTFO
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Korean drone noise neo-classical folk or GTFO

Overrated [-(
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    NolaMetal said:

what i hate the most is when pople like shitty music from like 4 different genres and think the like music 'variety'. no you just like shit music.. liking avenged sevenfold and also liking thrice is not variety.. actually look into genres that have actual talent in it the blues, jazz, folk, reggae, etc .. thats variety

You had me 'til reggae. Not hating on reggae, it's not a style I'm an expert on by any means, nor one I have any malice towards, but I don't think it should be compared to jazz or folk in terms of talent, assuming you mean technical and songwriting prowess.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    well songwriting yes, technical no... some of the best music ever invented is very simplistic
    Obviously its not technical, but songwriting? Absolutely.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I agree that simplistic music can be some of the best music. I just don't see it in the same light as the others you mentioned in your first post on the matter.. Agree to disagree.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't care how technically proficient someone is at their instrument if they can't write a memorable song. Better off sticking to youtube SHRED videos.

I think the thing that bugs me about filling your iPod with music thats just pretty good is the fact that it seems to give musicians the idea that its ok to be pretty good. That's why so many local bands are terrible, because they're just trying to be a band, not an awesome band. It sounds lame as fuck but that shit plagues scenes. I'd rather use three chords to write something on par with what I'd like to listen to than to do arpeggios over fail "i pulled this out of my ass at practice" riffs
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    New Austrian Death Machine album coming.
    inb4lists
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

Chipotle :-q

Couldn't agree more.
    I'm missing something as to why Chipotle matters in the 2013 albums thread?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    When this fucking Palms album drops...
    I love winning with women
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    For you Toxic Holocaust fans, Joels solo shit just dropped and is name your price on his bandcamp..
    Isn't Toxic Holocaust "Joels solo shit"? lol
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

Isn't Toxic Holocaust "Joels solo shit"? lol

Pretty much all his 97533678 same sounding bands are
    DL'd and listened. Its decent. not amazing or new. sounds like a raw Toxic Holocaust.