Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    lol at gary calling them sheeple.. Tight gun control is obviously the minority..spurting off 2nd amendment bullshit is the actual sheeple mentality.. no one on this message board needs to own a gun, its as simple as that.. the theory that people need a gun for their 'protection' had already been proven to be a falsehood.. studies show that if you have a gun in your house you are 5X more likely to die by a gun.. so clearly the risk of owning a gun FAR outweighs the protection it gives you.. the fact that these pyschos are rocking the public with legal firearms is absolutely disgusting imo. i dont give a flying fuck if they move onto bombs that is the most bullshit excuse i have ever heard in my life... so your saying the reason why we shouldnt try and get assault weapons out of the hand of the mentally distubed is that they would attack using other options if we dont? you gotta be shitting me.. I will never understand the gun fetish this country has, its completely unneccessary.. to the people who want to have a gun to 'overthrow our govt if need be because they are currupt" my answer to that is they are already currupt, so quit being a pussy and over power today.. if you dont do it today then stfu you cant as an excuse..I will pride myself that i will personally never own a gun because i will never need to, you feel unsafe to protect your family in the area in which you live then move.. dont bring a weapon in your house ..period..I fyou want to own a hunting rifle to hunt then go for it but i dont think it should be in you house..other than that I see absolutely no reason to own a gun.. the 2nd amendment was written to form a militia against a currupt govt. not to protect peoples rights to own any kind of deadly weapon they greedily want to possess... so either form a miltia against our currupt govt or stfu about the 2nd amendment.. this issue is far greater than just a couple pyschos a year lighting shit up in public, accidental gun deaths with their parents guns happens everyday..their are other avenues to go down to protect your family then bringing a deadly weapon into the house.. america quit being selfish, you dont need a gun, if your a happy healthy citizen on this earth then it is not necessary at all.. i will never ever own a gun and i feel 100 percent safe over it.. and I know this is an issue because it seems to be the only issue on this site that is very conservative as oppose to liberal and the reason to that is our country's mindset is to push guns on our livelihood for 200 years..its hard to break cycles and make change but at this point in time its necessary, even if its just to make a message
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Its funny you spout about legalizing drugs and less government involvement but yet you want them to make more laws at the same time.

Banning guns and tighter control wont change anything. Look at the trash killing each other in the ghettos think they got the majority of the guns legally? Please.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i have no interest in legalizing harmful drugs at all, dont know where you got that from.. and id love for you to go to evey families house that their kid died by accidentally shooting himself with daddies guns look them in the eyes and tell them that
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers

your friend is right though. if someone really wants a gun there going to get one regardless of how tight gun laws are. Meth is illegal and i could find some in less than an hour. In almost all these massacres the writing was on the wall that the person was about to pop. We don't need more gun control, what we need is easily accessible, extremely affordable, effective mental health care which is just as if not more important that psychical health care. Mental care is horrible as is with states drastically slashing funding to programs. They could have been stopped before they killed and if you take away guns, they move on to bombs, arson, ect....

rexum420 said:

you should go through a screening process to get a legal gun....but making it so hard its virtually unobtainable is not the answer....the last thing i want is my government to take my guns away...and i don't even own a gun lol

Take away guns, fine. They'll still find a way to get them or just move onto something else. It's not hard to make homemade bombs or torch a place

Basic deterrence theory. If you make the costs of doing bad things low, more bad things will happen. It's just the truth.

Absolutely agree that mental health care is extremely important for the country, and it probably will not get the attention it deserves for this issue. It's a good point.

But I do not believe that this would have happened if the cost of him being capable of doing it wasn't only about $1.5k and a trip to Walmart. Make guns something that you can only get at a Department of Gun Control, like, I don't know the DMV, and you have progress. It's easier to get a license to carry a gun in America than it is to get a driver's license. Think about what that means.

I'm not saying that you can eliminate gun possession, but I think that our ability to stop gun violence is about 30x more than we think it is. The "it won't stop it completely " defense is absolute horse shit. We can't stop cancer deaths completely, so I won't search for a cure.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    mrAPE said:

Banning guns and tighter control wont change anything. Look at the trash killing each other in the ghettos think they got the majority of the guns legally? Please.

Those guns probably got manufactured legally and sold legally initially and were probably stolen. Not legally obtained. That still doesn't matter though.

The thing that made this shooting so crazy is that a regular ol' guy who I'm sure we'll find out is crazy probably just went up to a Walmart desk and asked for a Sig Sauer. This wasn't a Crip from LA rollin' on up to Newtown and killing a class of kindergarteners.
    Here's a fun idea lets ban alcohol too I mean look at all the problems it causes when people get drunk. Man that sounds like a fantastic idea.

And to turn your thought around nola how about you go to a father whose house got broken into and he had nothing to protect his family and tell him you don't believe he should have ever had the right to protect them.

Also you can't buy pistols at walmart wine.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Oh, okay. I guess assault weapons are cool.
    The FBI says that for every justifiable handgun homicide, there are more than fifty handgun murders.
    mrAPE said:

Here's a fun idea lets ban alcohol too I mean look at all the problems it causes when people get drunk. Man that sounds like a fantastic idea.

And to turn your thought around nola how about you go to a father whose house got broken into and he had nothing to protect his family and tell him you don't believe he should have ever had the right to protect them.

Also you can't buy pistols at walmart wine.

honestly, alcohol is a very similar point and a very valid point.. our country cannot handle its alcohol and its views of use is far too liberal if you ask me, but once you give people rights its hard as hell to take it back.. alcohol causes so much harm to so many families and i dont think we are doing enough to help prevent that..

and to answer your second part I would gladly go to those family house with a clean conscience and tell them that they still made the right decision..that there loss is an extremely sad tragedy but that they made the right decision overall to not increase their risk of death by bringing a firearm into their house and that they shouldnt feel guilty about it
    Walmart sells hunting rifles and shotguns.

Also the technology is already out there and the guns are already out there. You put a ban on them wont matter and the black market will flourish just like the drug trade.

Weren't you and nola just discussing how corrupt the fbi is? Now you want to use stats from them lol.
    I would like to point out this is all coming from someone who doesn't own a gun.
    mrAPE said:

I would like to point out this is all coming from someone who doesn't own a gun.

why? you need it to protect your wife and your future child?

Because thats the beauty of freedom I have the right to make that choice.

You come off as bad as these america loving hillbillies I work with that tell me they wont visit anywhere out of country because of the fear of something bad happening.

I don't think the FBI is that corrupt, I was arguing against him. Besides, thats irrelevant, unless there's some huge scandal in the FBI Statistics keeping that I don't know about.

You have the freedom to do what you want with your life until you begin to impede on the freedom of others.
    ape, at least i can say that we have an alcohol problem in our country..would you at least admit we have a gun problem?
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    edited December 2012
    I was doing dishes once a long time ago and I was cleaning a glass when it broke and cut me. We need to get rid of these dangerous glasses that cost me 7 stitches and replace them with plastic ones ASAP! I have spoken. ALL IN?
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    I was riding my bike when I was younger when a bird "true story" shit directly in my eye while biking at a high rate of speed thus causing me to crash and damn near break my arm. ALL BIRDS MUST GO! ASAP. All In?
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    my dad has been thinking about getting a gun
    i enjoyed shooting when i was in upstate NY with my best friend and her family
    imageimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Ape, the comparison with gun and alcohol isnt the best
    at least guns offer protection as a benefit
    alcohol literally serves no benefit unless you enjoy the taste and even then, very small benefit
    imageimage