Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Marijuana.

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    i book marked it so i can read it someday!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy

I found a post from another forum that explains the basics of what happens when getting high better than I did.

A user of Marijuana will often describe the experience of smoking marijuana as initially calming and mellow, producing a sensation of haziness and light-headedness. The user’s eyes may dilate, causing colours to seem more intense, and other senses may be enhanced. Later, feelings of a paranoia and panic may be felt by the user, especially if they are new to smoking marijuana or have taken more than they are prepared for. The interface caused by the THC on the brain is what causes these feelings. To understand how marijuana affects the brain, you need to know about the parts of the brain that are affected by THC. Here are the basics:Neurons are the cells that process information in the brain. Chemicals called neurotransmitters allow neurons to communicate with each other.
    Neurotransmitters transmit impulses across the synapse, between two neurons and bind to protein receptors, which enable numerous functions and permit the brain and body to be turned on and off.
    Foreign chemicals, like THC, can simulate or block actions of neurotransmitters and impede normal functions.

Within your brain, there are groups of receptors called the ‘cannabinoid receptors’. They are concentrated in several different places. These cannabinoid receptors have an effect on several mental and physical activities, including:
    Short-term memory
    Coordination
    Learning
    Problem solving
    Cannabinoid receptors are triggered by a neurotransmitter called anandamide. Anandamide belongs to a collection of compounds called cannabinoids. An example of a cannabinoid is THC. THC works by mimicking the actions of anandamide, meaning that THC binds with cannabinoid receptors and activates neurons, which causes effects on the mind and body.

Cannabinoid receptors in the brain

High concentrations of cannabinoid receptors are present in the hippocampus, cerebellum and basal ganglia. The hippocampus is situated within the temporal lobe and is significant for short-term memory. Once the THC binds with the cannabinoid receptors inside the hippocampus, it hinders the recollection of recent events. THC also affects coordination, which is controlled by the cerebellum. The basal ganglia controls involuntary muscle movements, which is another reason why motor coordination may be impaired whilst under the influence.

Lolwut
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Lrn 2 science.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    My worst subject lolz
    Do a YouTube search for cannabinoids. Watch anything that comes up and looks interesting. Cannabinoids and cancer is a great place to start.
    Three wheelers are so dangerous lol
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    BOAT = Bust Out Another Thousand.
    I read that somewhere recently.
    :-))
    ya they are! I broke my leg when i wrecked mine though so i don't ride it that much anymore
    3 wheelers are alot of fun if you are an experienced rider. Not so much if you're a novice.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    My submission for free Summer Slaughter tickets: I should win because I'd like to instead spend the money for tickets on money for more weed going towards Operation Smoke a Ton of Weed With The Black Dahlia Murder.

Also tomorrow I'm pretty sure I'm buying some kind of bong.
    Last night we held a funeral type thing for my friends because he managed to trip and toss it into a tree. Poor thing only made it from December-June.
    image Photobucket
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    smokin for like the fifth day straight FUCK YEA
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'll be takin some tokes in a few minutes in honor of the Bruins Stanley Cup win.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    boooooom
    Here comes the...
    boooooom
    Ready or not.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Mmmmmmmm....super lemon haze! Fuck yeah!
    Your kief box will love it. It sheds like crazy.
    edited June 2011
    Bout to smoke me a big ol birthday bowl of hash!!!! FTW

Got an email today telling me that I won the grand prize in the Arch Enemy pre-sale contest that was evidently going on at Century Media (I had no idea about any stupid contest), and I guess I won this ipod boombox worth 300 bucks. Now if I only had an ipod. LOL
    Here's the email exchange........

Re: Mailing address for Arch Enemy pre-orderThursday, June 16, 2011 3:30 PM
    From: "Brian Rocha" To: "Alec Anderson" Yes sir, all legit, I am real and this is all for real :-)

The package will either go out tomorrow, or next Friday

Enjoy, dude!

brian

On 6/16/2011 11:20 AM, Alec Anderson wrote:
    So this is all legit then? Awesome. Thanks alot. I'll be looking for it to arrive. Guess I better go buy an Ipod too. Hahaha.

Alec

--- On Thu, 6/16/11, Brian Rocha wrote:

Subject: Re: Mailing address for Arch Enemy pre-order
    To: "Alec Anderson"
    Date: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 3:15 PM

Hah, technically you did not. We had announced that all pre-orders for Khaos Legions would be entered into a contest with Altec Lansing (the audio company). Winners were picked at random.

http://www.centurymedia.com/specials/archenemy/contest.aspx

Check the link below, that the grand prize you won...

On 6/16/2011 11:04 AM, Alec Anderson wrote:
    222 N. Sheldon Apt. 1
    Rantoul, IL 61866

What exactly is it that I "won"? I don't recall entering any contest.

--- On Thu, 6/16/11, Brian Rocha wrote:

Subject: Mailing address for Arch Enemy pre-order
    To: alec.anderson29@yahoo.com
    Date: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 2:54 PM

Hey there,

This is Brian Rocha, publicist for Arch Enemy. Would you be so kind to send me your mailing address as you are Altec Lansing's grand prize winner, in conjunction with Arch Enemy's pre-order package.

The grand prize is a Mix boombox- more info @ http://www.alteclansing.com/ae/us/home-speakers/mix+0153-boombox-imt800/invt/imt800/&bklist=icat,3,shop,ipodiphonespeakers

Thanks a lot, and congratulations!

brian

--

B R I A N R O C H A
    F R E S N O M E D I A
    rocha@fresnomediausa.com

www.fresnomediausa.com
    www.facebook.com/FresnoMedia 'like' it!

Sweet

Check out my new purchase.. My friend also got a new bong today, so they'll both set off on their maiden voyages tonight
    image Photobucket
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    do your parents know and not care chuck? i was about 15-16 when my parents found out and after that they did not give a fuck
    They're both pretty sure, they just haven't caught me or had a way to prove it...and as long as my mom doesn't snoop around I'm cool. My bed has a little door by where my head goes, it wreaks seeing as there's usually weed in it and always a chillum and bowl.

My mom would freak out on me at first....my dad would probably be cool, he has bigger drug problems among my sisters.
    image Photobucket